IGNORED

How about.....

Bar BS3

How about, rather than all these expert predictions of impending struggle, collapse and imminent relegation... We just give it a chance and judge the coming months on what actually happens. 

We've taken a massive gamble, (which I don't agree with) but let's at least give Deano a chance to do well, rather than making it impossible by dooming him to fail, before he's even started..! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

How about, rather than all these expert predictions of impending struggle, collapse and imminent relegation... We just give it a chance and judge the coming months on what actually happens. 

We've taken a massive gamble, (which I don't agree with) but let's at least give Deano a chance to do well, rather than making it impossible by dooming him to fail, before he's even started..! 

Well said. 

I don’t think there is any hate towards DH on here and most see it as a fantastic opportunity for him. I don’t blame him for taking the job. It’s above where the anger is, and the lies about ambition and lack of communication. I will support DH and the staff to be successful but will not be spending a penny at the club in the near future.

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

I don’t think there is any hate towards DH on here and most see it as a fantastic opportunity for him. I don’t blame him for taking the job. It’s above where the anger is, and the lies about ambition and lack of communication. I will support DH and the staff to be successful but will not be spending a penny at the club in the near future.

Toilets out of action?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. He’s part of the previous regime. Out with the old in with the new. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Im not sure I can bring myself to be part of it. The last few years have just kept dragging me down to the point where I realised I wasn't going to the games because I enjoyed it but more out of habit of the last 30 odd years. 

I feel like my wife has left me, taken the kids, left the dog who has to go to the vets which is a £3k bill, then taken me to court and she has won the dog back, the house and I have to pay all her court costs.

Exactly this

If we lose Fam and Elliason then the basis of the squad is this before we make a few signings to improve it. Doesn’t seem too bad as long as the 2-3 we bring in improve us. Personally I would prefer those to be in the RWB and 2 strikers areas

Bentley
   Moore Kalas. Baker
Vyner     Walsh.      Dasilva
         Nagy.   Massengo
          Weimann. Wells
Subs
O’Leary, Hunt, Palmer, Rowe, Szmodics, Morrell, Semenyo, Watkins.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

People are allowed to make predictions about an impending appointment.

As mentioned though, no one is angry with Holden - it’s at board level where the anger is directed. They raised fan expectations and are paying the price.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How about giving a proper title to your thread instead of clickbait nonsense that has no benefit being on OTIB . 

Another time waster.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly this

If we lose Fam and Elliason then the basis of the squad is this before we make a few signings to improve it. Doesn’t seem too bad as long as the 2-3 we bring in improve us. Personally I would prefer those to be in the RWB and 2 strikers.  

Bentley
   Moore Kalas. Baker
         Nagy.   Massengo
          Weimann. Wells
Subs

Let all hope Vyner, Walsh, Morrell, Moore, Semenyo Szmodics, O'Leary can all step up, add Massengo and Watkins and it looks a fairly weak to me.

Why are we gambling after taking 4 years trying to establish ourselves with rookies and a head coach with no experience? SL has lost the plot.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly this

If we lose Fam and Elliason then the basis of the squad is this before we make a few signings to improve it. Doesn’t seem too bad as long as the 2-3 we bring in improve us. Personally I would prefer those to be in the RWB and 2 strikers areas

Bentley
   Moore Kalas. Baker
         Nagy.   Massengo
          Weimann. Wells
Subs

That team would spend a lot more time in the bottom 6 than the top 6!!!

13 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Let all hope Vyner, Walsh, Morrell, Moore, Semenyo Szmodics, O'Leary can all step up, add Massengo and Watkins and it looks a fairly weak to me.

Why are we gambling after taking 4 years trying to establish ourselves with rookies and a head coach with no experience? SL has lost the plot.

Finances is the reason.  We lose £16m per year.  

Just now, Andy Horsman said:

With 3 new signings to improve it I think it would do okay.  Amazing how young players can improve when given time to do so 

4 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

Would it?

Lots of talent throughout that side, not top 6 ready by any means but mid table with the potential to be pushing for the play offs in the next couple of years

25 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Im not sure I can bring myself to be part of it. The last few years have just kept dragging me down to the point where I realised I wasn't going to the games because I enjoyed it but more out of habit of the last 30 odd years. 

I feel like my wife has left me, taken the kids, left the dog who has to go to the vets which is a £3k bill, then taken me to court and she has won the dog back, the house and I have to pay all her court costs.

How did you feel when we were in League One mediocrity for years struggling then?

Just now, JBFC II said:

Would it?

Lots of talent throughout that side, not top 6 ready by any means but mid table with the potential to be pushing for the play offs in the next couple of years

Agreed especially if you add 3 new signings to it.  The next vital step is to get these signings bang on. Recruitment been mixed in recent years 

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No!!! No!!!.......... No!!!

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Agreed especially if you add 3 new signings to it.  The next vital step is to get these signings bang on. Recruitment been mixed in recent years 

If we can get around 8-9 million for Eliasson and diedhiou (on the cheap side because of the current climate) then that money has to be reinvested well I agree. Hopefully we can utilise the loan system well as well, something that you’d hope the new coaching team (if the current rumours are accurate) should have the contacts to help us with

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Would it?

We just sacked a manager because mid table wasn't good enough... 

Just now, MATT BCFC said:

We just sacked a manager because mid table wasn't good enough... 

after he’d been given 4 years to achieve the aim of the play offs. 

I’d be very surprised if they told Holden that it was play offs or bust this season, especially considering the financial uncertainties of the current situation meaning we won’t be spending big money on new signings

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

PLEASE don’t call him ‘Deano’. Don’t know why, but it does my head in, grrrrr

47 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you have to disassociate support for the new manager with support for the actions of the club, the board, the owner, the chairman and Mark Ashton.

Almost all of us wish Holden the best. But it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t lament the abject failure of the recruitment process, pretend to be happy about it or not make predictions about how we think it will go.

The club have let us all down, and their complete silence on the manager situation while allowing Gregor to effectively act as a human shield for their complete incompetence, treats supporters with contempt.

Personally I’m not ready to move on yet.

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

For me Dave, it’s about only adding upgrades, whichever position they happen to be in.  We can’t afford to bring in “squad fillers”...we have those.  They are obvious positions that look like they need strengthening, but for sake of playing devils advocate and simplicity, buying a CB for £2m could save you conceding the goals a £8m striker score you.  We need smart recruitment, even if that’s loans.

Sitting here this lunchtime as a starting point here is a simplistic view of our squad::

GK ✅

RB ✴️ Unless Vyner is Hunt’s deputy

CB ✅

LB ✅ Rowe is Dasilva’s cover

CM ✴️ Lots of numbers but would like a dominant one

AM ✅

Wingers - lets just leave that until we see if Holden even plays them

FW ✅ but that’s woukd change to ✴️ If Diedhiou is sold.

12 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Pissed off but we're not that same club anymore, its taken longer than it should but we have moved forward.

So you recognise we've progressed in recent years. You were pissed off before and the last few progressive years have made you not want to go even more? I don't get it? On the one hand you accept we've moved on from a time that made you pissed off but your still pissed off about it?

Archived