Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Colour Blind Awareness Day Sunday 6 September


Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53986570

one male in 12 suffers from the condition

and its one female in 200 that suffer from the same condition.

Thankfully I don't suffer from the condition,but it must be awful if you do.

Although I do remember those Notts County and Newcastle shirts where you could not see the numbers

As a byline colour TV arrived circa 1969 and after all this time the cameras are never as responsive as our human eyes

When moving from bright sunshine to shade areas and back again

Those eyes are really very precious

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Being 1 of the 12 . I struggle when I play snooker pot the brown when I see it as a red . Also night matches at football the grass looks orange. Also bought an expensive pair of trainers thinking they were brown. But we’re actually green. :noexp:

That was exactly how I found out I was partially colour blind . I have a problem in bright sunlight when we are playing someone in, say, all blue and we were in all red..........it was just shades of grey (not 50)!

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you actually know you are colour blind to some extent?

I say my car is blue but others say closer purple but not everyone.  We have a blanket in the house my wife says is red and I say closer purple.

How do we therefore not know everybody is colour blind to some level and see different shades in everything? Genuinely interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53986570

one male in 12 suffers from the condition

and its one female in 200 that suffer from the same condition.

Thankfully I don't suffer from the condition,but it must be awful if you do.

Although I do remember those Notts County and Newcastle shirts where you could not see the numbers

As a byline colour TV arrived circa 1969 and after all this time the cameras are never as responsive as our human eyes

When moving from bright sunshine to shade areas and back again

Those eyes are really very precious

I must admit that when I saw the title, I thought it was going to be about another woke initiative from the FA !:yes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I ever wore a suit was on my wedding day.I went out and bought what I thought was a blue suit,only for my wife to tell me it was actually green.Only ever wore it once I think then it went to a charity shop years later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the issue is when playing Trivial Pursuit, I struggle to tell the difference between the brown and green.

So generally, I just cheat and award myself both when I get either right.

(Also, what does everyone call that plastic wedge you win when you answer a category question? We have always called it a wedge, but some freaks apparently call it a 'cheese').

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

For me, the issue is when playing Trivial Pursuit, I struggle to tell the difference between the brown and green.

So generally, I just cheat and award myself both when I get either right.

(Also, what does everyone call that plastic wedge you win when you answer a category question? We have always called it a wedge, but some freaks apparently call it a 'cheese').

Cheese

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Being 1 of the 12 . I struggle when I play snooker pot the brown when I see it as a red . Also night matches at football the grass looks orange. Also bought an expensive pair of trainers thinking they were brown. But we’re actually green. :noexp:

I also struggle with this, have to get someone to point out which is the brown!

Worst case was when I was playing football against a side all in blue, whilst we were in all purple, I didn’t have the slightest who was who 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

I also struggle with this, have to get someone to point out which is the brown!

Worst case was when I was playing football against a side all in blue, whilst we were in all purple, I didn’t have the slightest who was who 😂

We have to put chalk on the brown when playing doubles as my uncle is also colour blind . Luckily we aren’t very good so it doesn’t happen a lot 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Slacker said:

The first time I ever wore a suit was on my wedding day.I went out and bought what I thought was a blue suit,only for my wife to tell me it was actually green.Only ever wore it once I think then it went to a charity shop years later.

Are you sure it was your "wife"? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...