IGNORED

Team Tomorrow - Couple of U23s involved

bcfc01

14 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

no liam walsh?

Been injured all pre-season (quad).  Back “on the grass” according to Holden, but training on his own.

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I feel old. He’s the son of a bloke I use to play football with I believe and he was a young un in our team ?

Colin?

3 minutes ago, tin said:

There’s no doubt 3-5-2 is the most suitable formation for the players we currently have, but what’s Plan B or C?

We have two fits CBs today, so go with a flat-back four for this game, let Bakinson sit in front of them and allow Hunt and Dasilva to prove the width. 

There will be times this season when teams work us out and potentially being stuck to one formation will be a hindrance. 

I’m not one who subscribes to the fact that plan b / c has to be a fundamentally different system to plan a.  We have flexibility, certainly in central midfield and up top to play different ways within a flexible 352.  This is where too much talk of formation and not enough about style of play and system, as well as individual player roles and responsibility.  But that’s just me ?

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

I've been invited on as co-commentator just warning you all now!

Ooooohh, pressure on mate.  Jealous!

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I asked Jerry the SLO earlier.

It's not included as part of your usual subscription. If you want to watch from abroad you'll need to buy the £10 pass and then...somehow...not sure how...trick the internet into thinking you're in the UK. Or quickly fly back and watch it in Heathrow's arrivals lounge.

Are you positive? Might be going mad but I'm sure they were last season

26 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I've been invited on as co-commentator just warning you all now!

Nice of the club to save us all £10 after the year we've had ;)

Genuine question - do you get briefed or nudged about how they'd like you to commentate? Obviously you wouldn't sit there moaning and slagging a player off, but the usual crew often have the rose tinted specs pretty firmly glued on. I thought you were more balanced at the end of last year so will we get that again on commentary?

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

*Slowly reaches for the volume control.....

Just kidding mate, don’t forget to get your OSIB plugs in. :)

I have a friend who refuses to listen to any form of commentary, he says I'll be the first commentary he's heard in years. God he won't last long :laugh:

10 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Nice of the club to save us all £10 after the year we've had ;)

Genuine question - do you get briefed or nudged about how they'd like you to commentate? Obviously you wouldn't sit there moaning and slagging a player off, but the usual crew often have the rose tinted specs pretty firmly glued on. I thought you were more balanced at the end of last year so will we get that again on commentary?

They never once told me how or what to say to be fair, just let me get on with it I suppose.

They definitely see the merit in having a more balanced voice and I'm sure they'll allow that to continue.

Maybe I'll be swept up in Holdenball though and become the happy clapper we all fear. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Been injured all pre-season (quad).  Back “on the grass” according to Holden, but training on his own.

Colin?

I’m not one who subscribes to the fact that plan b / c has to be a fundamentally different system to plan a.  We have flexibility, certainly in central midfield and up top to play different ways within a flexible 352.  This is where too much talk of formation and not enough about style of play and system, as well as individual player roles and responsibility.  But that’s just me ?

John , I played with at wick . I was told it was his boy but might be wrong 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Colin?

Ah didn't realise he wasn't back.

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I asked Jerry the SLO earlier.

It's not included as part of your usual subscription. If you want to watch from abroad you'll need to buy the £10 pass and then...somehow...not sure how...trick the internet into thinking you're in the UK. Or quickly fly back and watch it in Heathrow's arrivals lounge.

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Are you positive? Might be going mad but I'm sure they were last season

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

They were not included last season. Honestly mate, I asked Jerry the SLO. I'm positive.

It is 'free' today, as long as you pay monthly. I have it on now without paying any extra.

35 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

It is 'free' today, as long as you pay monthly. I have it on now without paying any extra.

Oh FFS Jerry.

I should have known the club wouldn't be able to sort that out.

Excellent communication from all involved at the club. ???

Apologies to anyone who bought the pass on my advice. Honestly I was acting on what I was told by @JerrySLO.

Archived