Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

What a goal - Johnny Smith

40 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

If you haven’t seen it you should. What. A. Touch.

Said it for a while I reckon he’s gonna be in our team as soon as he returns from loan. He’s looked great everytime I’ve seen him play, pace, balance, trickery and he can finish. 

14 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Glad we gave him a new contract before the loan!

Absolutely mate and one thing I am very proud of at our club is our youth setup and loan system. Always reading really encouraging stuff about our loans on other clubs forums and match reports. Great job being done by Tinman and the support from Lansdowns.

I said it when the loan come about, think we have mishandled JS to an extent. Remember when he first signed and we played think it was Hengrove in the community game. He skipped past players then and scored a nice curled effort around edge of the box. He has real ability and he will be a championship regular before his career is over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, BCFC OF HUSKVARNA said:

Please don’t compare Eliasson with COD!

Both are too hit & miss at the moment, but it's COD who has scored a goal anything like that at championship level (Norwich away) 

This is nice and encouraging to see.

Wellens is quite a positive manager, this goal is a good start and hopefully system and team will be a good match for Smith.

There's wingers and wide midfielders- could he be the latter or is he more of a 'true' winger?

On the O'Dowda and Eliasson points- both have scored fine goals for us, and the latter is an asset with value so loaning out definitely not. Possibly O'Dowda with loan to buy but...Eliasson we either keep or sell given contractual situation.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Both are too hit & miss at the moment, but it's COD who has scored a goal anything like that at championship level (Norwich away) 

His goals vs Bolton in the Cup and QPR in 2019, Eliasson that is were pretty impressive IIRC. One v Barnsley in 2020 not bad but the first 2 stick out more.

O'Dowda's goal of course at Norwich, that was top class.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

I've only seen JS play live once - in a friendly at AG when he first signed and got really excited about what he could do. I always check his progress after every game (at his loan club(s)) and he just continues to get better .

I really hope he doesn't become the best player we never played. He must be one of our longest serving players now (2016) having come from Wrexham as opposed through our Academy.

Hope he has a a storming season and gets his moment at BS3. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Fantastic goal reminiscent Messi and what a fantastic future this lad has and can't believe he's not in your squad for the coming season 

Great control, but the defence was all over the shop. Whether he'd get that space in the Championship is doubtful.

Who were you playing?