IGNORED

Someone is MIA

phantom

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I am actually glad he didn't go into specific details of what he said in the interview that got him the job. We can just wait and see what he will do for ourselves.

Didn’t want or expect specific details or plans, but he must have demonstrated or shown something quite impressive in his interview to set him above all the “outstanding applicants”.

Would have just been nice for Mark Ashton to be to able explain what that something was. I don’t think it was an unreasonable question to ask, and if you were part of the interview, it shouldn’t have been difficult to answer. 

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But without going into specific details it is probably impossible for Ashton to answer in any more detail than he did.

That's why I think he did well in the interview. He couldn't have done any better than he did as realistically I can't see what else he could have said to Twentyman's questions.

Agree with @Kibsi think there was more that could be said without breaking any confidentiality 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He was ready because he knew how some of the fan base were not happy and what they were not happy about. Unless no one told him about the response on social media. Which would surprise me.

I can't remember one question he could not answer. 

He answered them all, but he didn’t answer them well.  For someone who’s usually very polished, he was under pressure, and he was not his slick self.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He answered them all, but he didn’t answer them well.  For someone who’s usually very polished, he was under pressure, and he was not his slick self.

Completely agree, everybody knew the questions that were going to be put to Ashton & Lansdown - for someone like Ashton who as you say is usually prepared and polished he wasn’t on this occasion. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Completely agree, everybody knew the questions that were going to be put to Ashton & Lansdown - for someone like Ashton who as you say is usually prepared and polished he wasn’t on this occasion. 

Dare I say it, but perhaps a less than 100% perfect interview proves that he is a human.

I don’t really understand why some people keep having a pop at him. He’s doing his best for the club as far as I can see and is mostly successful at it.

We are just about to find out whether the appointment of DH was good judgment or not, so let’s wait and see.

Archived