IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wow

Im no rose tinter by a million miles but some of the negativy and microscopically looking for any shortcomings is incredible

I think anyone who thinks we are going to romp to promotion with a new Head Coach , a rebalance of the squad and with a ridiculous amount of injuries to key players are going to Be dissapointed and need to lower their expectations

You could see the positives of four young/ inexperienced players looking like they have a chance , at the very least at this level 

You could see that COD, and not only COD,  worked his nuts off and had a very decent game

That goal skews so many opinions and reactions 

If we had ended up nil nil people’s reactions would IMHO be somewhat different 

If we had a couple of options from their forward line we probably win that , their forward line that must be valued at £40-50 million in total

Problem is that 0-0 is what the gaffer thought was enough!

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

We started with 4 youngsters who were out on loan last season and narrowly missed out to a team what were in the Prem.

Bit of perspective! 

That seems to have flown out the window when we conceded 

I’ve seen dozens and dozens far worse City teams and performances than that and the first half was very decent with some real positives

They stepped up second half , we payed for our first half work as energy levels dropped, get sloppy give the ball away , have to chase more etc etc

A moment of quality opens us up once to pinch the points

You can quibble in hindsight about substitutions but perspective needed indeed.

Good first half for us.

And then Bournemouth turned up in the second half and it was all too clear that they would score.
We just looked static and our passing just seemed to go out of the window.

So dissapointed.

34 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Everyone bangs on about how hard players work. Working hard is the absolute minimum expectation.

What we lack is quality, odowda never scores i dont know why we persist with him, Patterson plays 3 good games a season, and we rely on journeyman wing backs to create anything.

We don't seem to be able to find a combination up front that works consistently. Its all a bit confused in my opinion, It has a look of Dean Holden learning on the job and I think that's exactly whats going on. 

Nail on head

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

So what? We are a club pushing for promotion.

If we are still a club pushing for promotion in 6 weeks time then I’ll be very pleasantly surprised. Hard run of fixtures coming up. We’ll know mid December where our true position lies.    

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel this thread has got too far without anyone mentioning they Semenyo was impressive. I like him. 

You know what Fordy, I think all he lacks is a bit of self-belief. I think his technique and work ethic are fine, but he just lacks a little bit of arrogance that players like Josh King clearly had. Hopefully with a few more games Semenyo will realise that he belongs and he can be more of a predator.

A lot our team tonight are capable but maybe need a bit more confidence to be their dynamic best.

1 hour ago, Banjo Red said:

We had a few Fam missed the majority of them.

No he didn't he missed a good chance with a header and the defender blocked his goal bound shot on to the post. semenyo missed an identical chance by screwing his shot wide. If your going to put the man down at least get your facts straight. He also won about 10 flick on's from the dozen's of high balls pumped his way. Maybe with a more experienced striker as a partner tonight we may have got on the the end of some of those. 

12 minutes ago, collier said:

No he didn't he missed a good chance with a header and the defender blocked his goal bound shot on to the post. semenyo missed an identical chance by screwing his shot wide. If your going to put the man down at least get your facts straight. He also won about 10 flick on's from the dozen's of high balls pumped his way. Maybe with a more experienced striker as a partner tonight we may have got on the the end of some of those. 

We have got to be more clinical and finish teams when on top.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We don't seem to be able to find a combination up front that works consistently. Its all a bit confused in my opinion, It has a look of Dean Holden learning on the job and I think that's exactly whats going on. 

Agreed, was disappointed when  he subbed Semenyo & replaced with Brunt.

We were 10 mins away from potentially a decent away point against a strong team. 

He just needed to keep the shape that was working & freshen up like for like where players we’re tiring.

I think you could see it in the players after the change, they knew it was wrong call too.

People say Pato- Weimann is not our solution in midfield. COD-Pato sure is not the answer. Weimann is really missing, now we have to do without his assists and goals. Rather see Nagy instead of COD, we seldom win a game when COD starts. Last game was our win in Cardiff, 1-0, I think. That game COD was good. Hope Walsh and Williams are good players, the situation is what it is and we have to make the best out of it. A win vs Norwich would really be nice, Interesting how the starting eleven will be on saturday. COYR!!!

7 hours ago, collier said:

It would be great to mention Fam one day without the words missed a good chance always seeming to follow soon afterwards. He works hard but is there to score goals.

Archived