IGNORED

Massive credit Holden

Bassomylord

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You wouldn’t be looking to play like that every week BUT sometimes you have to dig one out playing like that!!

I'd take that performance away from home every time. We had a game plan from 5he 1st minute and stuck to it.

Fair play to Dean and players.

Credit as well to DH for managing the injuries too.

We're well organised and that's credit to the management.

What I want, and to be fair, only when we're back to full fitness, is to see us controlling games more for longer periods.

Then we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Possible slating alert!!! Great win always take 3 points away especially in a derby game, love his enthusiasm BUT had 1 of those shots gone in from a very poor Cardiff team, there was no plan B there, yes it’s bare bones and 8 injuries but let’s all just keep some perspective. Great shift well done Dean and the team but...............

1 minute ago, La Plage said:

Possible slating alert!!! Great win always take 3 points away especially in a derby game, love his enthusiasm BUT had 1 of those shots gone in from a very poor Cardiff team, there was no plan B there, yes it’s bare bones and 8 injuries but let’s all just keep some perspective. Great shift well done Dean and the team but...............

What do you mean there was no plan b? He went 433 to 4141 to 352....there is 3 plans straight away.....and as for an attacking threat how do you know as we never needed to change it!!!!

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I dunno how I feel about that performance.

It felt like the start of last year, where we took our one chance, and then kinda just did nothing.

High in xG, low in playing well.

Great win vs our direct competition though.

‘low in playing well’?  We defended fantastically against a side chucking the kitchen sink at us for 90 minutes.  Brilliant performance.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

‘low in playing well’?  We defended fantastically against a side chucking the kitchen sink at us for 90 minutes.  Brilliant performance.

From an attacking sense, possession, creativity etc. Defended well of course.

Just now, Bassomylord said:

What do you mean there was no plan b? He went 433 to 4141 to 352....there is 3 plans straight away.....and as for an attacking threat how do you know as we never needed to change it!!!!

Just now, Bassomylord said:

I’m sorry, obviously I watched a different game to you? So we deliberately didn’t have a shot on target for 93 minutes just in case and all that once brunt and Moore were brought on to shore it up while our backs were pinned to the wall.......... Ummmm like I said previously let’s take it and move on not put it up as a tactical masterclass

1 minute ago, La Plage said:

I’m sorry, obviously I watched a different game to you? So we deliberately didn’t have a shot on target for 93 minutes just in case and all that once brunt and Moore were brought on to shore it up while our backs were pinned to the wall.......... Ummmm like I said previously let’s take it and move on not put it up as a tactical masterclass

I'm sorry but I just dont think you get it. It was an absolute defensive masterclass. And they weren't pinned to the wall AT ALL.

Great result against the run of play. Credit to Holden for the formation change, even if injuries forced his hand, and mixing up the shape in-game. Encouraging signs he’s learning. 

We had a go in first 20 minutes and that’s all I want to see. After that, we rode our luck and on another day we’d had lost that 3 or 4-1. It’s about time we had the rub of the green. 

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

It felt like the start of last year, where we took our one chance, and then kinda just did nothing.

Last season it was week in week out. I think tonight tbf we were literally down to the bare bones. I think every fit player left in the first team squad was in the 18 tonight.

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Credit as well to DH for managing the injuries too.

We're well organised and that's credit to the management.

What I want, and to be fair, only when we're back to full fitness, is to see us controlling games more for longer periods.

Then we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Pretty much what David James said.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Last season it was week in week out. I think tonight tbf we were literally down to the bare bones. I think every fit player left in the first team squad was in the 18 tonight.

I'd personally say we haven't played really well for a whole half since Sheff Wednesday, so I DO think it's every week at the minute. It's a fair point about the squad, and I agree, and I'm waiting to see a close to full strength team play to make a better judgement over all.

I'm not too high and not too low. It's great to be picking up wins like this against teams like Cardiff while we're struggling with availability.

19 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Just enjoy the 3 points mate. Worry about performances when our injury list doesn’t look like a starting XI ?

Archived