IGNORED

Throwback Football

Port Said Red

I am one of those who always complains about the type of football that Warnock's teams play, but I have to say that I thought Cardiff played more football under him than what I have seen from Neil Harris. 

Throwing or kicking the ball somewhere near Kieffer Moore and hoping for a knock down might be a tactic that works on occasion, but it feels like something from the 70's and as such I think most teams will nullify those tactics.

Although as a general nothing surprises me in this league, Cardiff finishing in the top half and above us would seem unlikely at this stage.

Looked pretty similar to Warnock ball to me - must be a Neil thing?! It’s a lazy simplistic way of playing too given it doesn’t play to the qualities of players like Wilson, Ojo and particularly Hoilett, who let’s not forget was a good Prem player not that long ago.

I also think that although this ‘style’ might get you out of this league it’s unlikely to keep you up. Neil senior’s record suggests that.

Watching the pre-match build-up on Sky, I expected the Championship’s Messi - Harry Wilson, to tear us apart through the middle of the park. What I witnessed was a series of hopeful crosses, corners and long throws (do you really need a towel to dry the ball every time, Marlon?) from the wings looking for their target man, Keiffer Moore. It was old school. 

Wilson did nothing to justify his rumoured £60kpw earnings and we deserve great credit for putting him in a box. Moore is old school, not a bad player and no doubt will score his fair share of goals but his presence in the side dictates their style of play. They probably missed Tomlin who could have produced something different. 

This Cardiff team isn’t a patch on some of their recent vintage and whilst they’ll no doubt win a number of games against weaker sides, I can’t see them as top six contenders this time around. 

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Watching the pre-match build-up on Sky, I expected the Championship’s Messi - Harry Wilson, to tear us apart through the middle of the park.
What I witnessed was a series of hopeful crosses, corners and long throws (do you really need a towel to dry the ball every time, Marlon?) from the wings looking for their target man, Keiffer Moore. It was old school. 

Wilson did nothing to justify his rumoured £60kpw earnings and we deserve great credit for putting him in a box. Moore is old school, not a bad player and no doubt will score his fair share of goals but his presence in the side dictates their style of play. They probably missed Tomlin who could have produced something different. 

This Cardiff team isn’t a patch on some of their recent vintage and whilst they’ll no doubt win a number of games against weaker sides, I can’t see them as top six contenders this time around. 

Yeah Sky really bigging up Harry Wilson weren't they pre kick off? Saying the key is to stop Wilson, lazy punditry. The key was to stop the threat of their crosses and corners, Wilson had a few half chances outside the box and all went high and wide. 

Cardiff looked ordinary and us going 1-0 up so early on made us sit deeper and deeper as the game went on.

Archived