IGNORED

Watford – Wed 25th November 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Substitutions needed. 

COD, Nagy & Paterson off. 

Wells, Martin and someone else on. 

No point in having a midfield if we just lump it up to Fammy all the time. 

pretty poor stuff. 

I’d agree with at least one of those substitutions, I’m not going to scapegoat any of our players as I got it in the neck for opinions on Wells of late. That said I’d substitute our regularly ineffective number 11

Like 90% of this season we’ve been dominated in chances and possession:

Yet still we’ve stood firm and despite a few heart in mouth moments we’ve largely limited Watford any clear chances. 

Need to be much braver in possession, we’ve had a few moments but and I mean, “a few”. I suspect a tweak in shape too so we can get a foothold in possession.

Rowe, sorry, having a poor game both going forwards and defending. 

Dasilva Man of the Half. Class.

Can’t help feeling though we’ve probably got 6 or 7 players out that would walk into this team so I can’t be too critical.

First half in a nutshell

Pretty poor first half, AS had a good chance early on and should have made more of it.

Our throw-ins have been awful. The worse came after fifteen minutes when we threw the ball square and almost gifted a golden chance to Watford, a real schoolboy error.

As per Saturday we have had far less of the ball than the opponents. Watford have looked more lively and more inventive throughout.

Jay has looked composed. Then gave a way a free kick on 43 minutes on the edge of the box, from which came their best chance of the half.

We haven’t managed to get AS or FD involved in any meaningful way.

Let’s  hope for a big improvement in the second half. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Substitutions needed. 

COD, Nagy & Paterson off. 

Wells, Martin and someone else on. 

No point in having a midfield if we just lump it up to Fammy all the time. 

pretty poor stuff. 

What formation you going for with 3 strikers on the pitch? ?

First half summary:

Hanging in a bit possession-wise.  Couple of nice attacks.

Nagy hasn't got a run in him.  Not surprising after so many games.  I'm not one for h-t changes but I'd get him off now.  Its compromising O’Dowda and Paterson.  Needs Massengo, not Brunt tonight....maybe even match them up 433.

Tough night....gonna get very open after the hour mark you'd think.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I’d agree with at least one of those substitutions, I’m not going to scapegoat any of our players as I got it in the neck for opinions on Wells of late. That said I’d substitute our regularly ineffective number 11

Wasn’t he summed up beautifully when he got his head down, drove forwards and passed it out of play?

Let's be honest, we are bloody awful to watch. Hardly excited to get back to watching us live. Doesn't seem to be any sort of plan. ( sound familiar?) So that has to be down to the coaching staff right???

On the other side of the coin, the back 3, Hunt, the midfield 3, and arguably the current front two, dont get near any of the  top halfs starting 11, so credit to staying in games and being in the position we are, right?

**** knows.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

First half in a nutshell

Pretty poor first half, AS had a good chance early on and should have made more of it.

Our throw-ins have been awful. The worse came after fifteen minutes when we threw the ball square and almost gifted a golden chance to Watford, a real schoolboy error.

As per Saturday we have had far less of the ball than the opponents. Watford have looked more lively and more inventive throughout.

Jay has looked composed. Then gave a way a free kick on 43 minutes on the edge of the box, from which came their best chance of the half.

We haven’t managed to get AS or FD involved in any meaningful way.

Let’s  hope for a big improvement in the second half. 

Semenyo’s earlier chance was better I reckon 

About the best we could have done in truth. Looked second best for long stretches but at the end of it restricted them to very little. To be honest we look like we are working hard away in the cup to a higher league side making it hard for them, little more than that. Cannot fault the effort.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First half summary:

Hanging in a bit possession-wise.  Couple of nice attacks.

Nagy hasn't got a run in him.  Not surprising after so many games.  I'm not one for h-t changes but I'd get him off now.  Its compromising O’Dowda and Paterson.  Needs Massengo, not Brunt tonight....maybe even match them up 433.

Tough night....gonna get very open after the hour mark you'd think.

Nagy looks totally out on his arse.

Archived