IGNORED

Watching Reading v City Tomorrow

wendyredredrobin

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

And no Rene Gilmartin, with his soft Irish lilt like a modern-day Val Doonican providing fireside commentary, minus the comforting 'All of my best friends are songs" finale. (Ask yer dad)

Oh, thanks a bunch - you have just made me feel bleeding old as I can remember dear old Val in the rocking chair! ?‍? Where is the rocking chair emoji when you want one?

All getting rather complicated; it was so much easier to walk in the rain to the bus stop, catch the No.1 bus to the station, wait 33 minutes for a delayed train that cost £25 return, get shepherded from the staion, catch a bus and long walk to the stadium, get soaked waiting for the ticket office to open for collection, stand up and be shouted at by stupid stewards, get a half-time boiling cup of water with a miniscule bit of marmite powder (for £3) spilt over your arm then trudge back to a queue for a bus back to the station. The trains would then be replaced by buses back into Hampshire where another hour would connect you to the bus home, by which time a decent day out of 12 hrs had passed and you'd spend somewhere near a ton

Do you think this Sky lark, thingie, TV jobbie might catch on instead?

7 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Not necessarily...

I remember an horrendous trip to Reading where we lost 1-0 in the last minute.

Didn't enjoy it at all!

Been there myself, but when I travel to away games it's the whole experience of following the team away, the camaraderie you feel being in a strange place with your fellow city fans the really getting behind the team everything seems to be heightened, but I get where your coming from I go not expecting a result and if we do get one well that's a fantastic bonus winning away when your there to witness it, nothing quite like it. 

16 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

You can stream NOW TV on two devices at once, 3 if you have 'NOW TV Boost'

NOW TV costs £34 for a month. It's an extra £3 if you wish to add the Boost on. 

So if you can get a mate or two to split this with you, you'll either pay £17 or £12.33 each. 

City game would cost you a tenner tomorrow anyway, then we're also on again on the 9th Dec. I've also seen that next Tuesdays game against QPR is listed on their 'Bonus streams' which seems to be the sky sports red button albeit in another name. I haven't tried 'bonus streams' yet though so not certain how it works!

Also just to add, you obviously get the added bonus of every sky sports channel for the Christmas period. 

Got the cricket, darts & football to look forward to in the next month!

Does now tv really cost £34 a month? A pay £43.50 a month for sky q sky sports and movies with the black friday deals they got going on

Archived