IGNORED

QPR (a) - Tues 19:45 1st Dec - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

I'm glad QPR don't have Nahki anymore, would have scored more!

Great character from us, Holden made a point of saying last time we lost a game we couldn't win for 5 games I think it was? And that was the target now, to get another win much more quickly and bounce back, which we have obviously done.

Quite a few times this season we've been much better after half time, and now we've bounced back with a come-back win directly after a loss. Is Dean Holden....A GOOD MANAGER?!?!

Happy with the win. Nagy and O’Dowda in particular were great. Also pleasing to see how Vyner has emerged as a viable, if not solid, Championship defender.

Well done to Holden for realising JD wasn’t at the races and bringing on Rowe, who has probably been one of our best signings in recent years, pound for pound.

Good to see Wells on the scoresheet, shame that free kick just missed, was a beauty.

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

Great character from us, Holden made a point of saying last time we lost a game we couldn't win for 5 games I think it was? And that was the target now, to get another win much more quickly and bounce back, which we have obviously done.

Quite a few times this season we've been much better after half time, and now we've bounced back with a come-back win directly after a loss. Is Dean Holden....A GOOD MANAGER?!?!

Yes he is.

A good result, a lot of second half effort and excellent performances by O’Dowda and Nagy, but let’s not get carried away. QPR’s finishing was atrocious and on another day they could have scored 4 or 5.  With City the basics are there we just need to have a few more players fully fit. On paper the rest of December’s fixtures aren’t too daunting so if City can keep on grinding out results it could be all systems go in the new year 

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It’s a funny one season.

I think we’ve looked average for the majority and yet here we are.

Can it continue?

I'm not saying we can do it all season but we've some big hitters to come back and we are doing this far too consistently to be a fluke.

Enjoy the ride.

It's nice to see City not rolling over like we have done for too often over the years.

Forza Shithouse FC. :)

8 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Can see why NW scored a few for them last year

A few posters slagging off those who made some criticisms in the first half. 
I made some. And I stand by them. 
The first half was dreadful, in particular from Brunt, who had possibly THE worst 15 minutes at the start of this game as I’ve ever seen. 
Hats off to all of them for the effort in the 2nd half, and getting a great win. 
But just because we battled out a win it doesn’t mean the first half criticism isn’t valid. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Much improved second half although the first half was extremely concerning with how easy they got in again and again.

I would like to see Nagy and bakinson together regularly as both players ooze class and confidence. 

I’d like to see Bakinson, Nagy and Patterson together. You have to assume their better days when not tired etc. Bakinson in a holding and deep distribution role. Nagy as the 8 - box to box and Paterson as more of a 10 - give and go playmaker. With the front three we started with today, Wells and Semenyo moving so well, it would be great. - but that does means a back 4.

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

Subsequently, they were bringing platters and platters of Berenjenas (fried aubergines with black honey). So much that to this day that none of us can stand the thought of them again ? If you find the name of the bars let me know, was the dusty square with a great viewpoint of the Alhambra, I think I know which one you mean.

As I said, the restaurant was on a dusty square, we sat outside: leave the resto, go left, heading towards town and you will pass a small park area - occupied by local 'druggies' when we were there, but with wonderful views over Alhambra. Does that ring a bell?

When you continue along the road, you arrive at the narrow street leading down through and to the Moorish area and the other restaurant I mentioned, quite basic, but wonderful food and presentation, lies just around the corner.

We also had a very enjoyable dinner in Alvaro Arriago, but, unfortunately, the food didn't match the wonderful setting and views.  

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

They should never have come to an agreement in the first place. But it seems the coaches think he was a better option than Morrell so what do we know?

I always assumed Brunt would have come in as cover at LB, or LWB- didn't really see him as one to notably enhance our CM, certainly not as a starter and at his age. Some useful experience and versatility but not that real gamechanger- absolutely not in CM.

4 hours ago, fairweather said:

I’d like to see Bakinson, Nagy and Patterson together. You have to assume their better days when not tired etc. Bakinson in a holding and deep distribution role. Nagy as the 8 - box to box and Paterson as more of a 10 - give and go playmaker. With the front three we started with today, Wells and Semenyo moving so well, it would be great. - but that does means a back 4.

One good thing about that could be, Paterson can pull wide left to help DaSilva- because 2 v 1 is a real risk- Reading's 2nd showed this and he had a tough time tonight- this is a reason I have a reservation about Wells being on the left of a 3.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As I said, the restaurant was on a dusty square, we sat outside: leave the resto, go left, heading towards town and you will pass a small park area - occupied by local 'druggies' when we were there, but with wonderful views over Alhambra. Does that ring a bell?

When you continue along the road, you arrive at the narrow street leading down through and to the Moorish area and the other restaurant I mentioned, quite basic, but wonderful food and presentation, lies just around the corner.

We also had a very enjoyable dinner in Alvaro Arriago, but, unfortunately, the food didn't match the wonderful setting and views.  

I know exactly the square you mean, I can’t remember the food (you eat a serious amount of tapas as a student there for a year), but the aubergines with black honey are fairly universal! 
A wonderful city and one I wished I still lived in. If only there was enough good work in Spain.

Yes QPR missed some chances, but we did too. 
Nagy x 2 chances making some great runs forward. 
Wells hitting the post.

Bottom line is it wasn’t pretty but sometimes it won’t be & there’s a load of players to come back. Spot on tactics in 2nd half & another tree points. 

5 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Yes QPR missed some chances, but we did too. 
Nagy x 2 chances making some great runs forward. 
Wells hitting the post.

Bottom line is it wasn’t pretty but sometimes it won’t be & there’s a load of players to come back. Spot on tactics in 2nd half & another tree points. 

You've been listening to Rene Gilmartin for too long!

:innocent06:

Archived