IGNORED

QPR (a) - Tues 19:45 1st Dec - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

10 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Two friends of mine came that were vegetarian. When I told one restaurant that we needed veggie tapas they accidentally brought tapas with meat. Subsequently, they were bringing platters and platters of Berenjenas (fried aubergines with black honey). So much that to this day that none of us can stand the thought of them again ? If you find the name of the bars let me know, was the dusty square with a great viewpoint of the Alhambra, I think I know which one you mean.

You can get Alhambra 1925 in some Spanish restaurants, I’ve had it in Bath and another nice Spanish restaurant in Manchester. Never seem to see it in the shops however!  

MarcoF will know the answer but i'd love to recall the name of the local drink I enjoyed when first stumbling upon 'Castaneda' many years ago. On the basis 'I'll drink what the locals are drinking' it was a type of rebujito, save without the soft drink elements. Half pint glass , mostly filled with Manzanilla, good dose of local vermouth and a dash of soda & fresh lime (as if water were the most expensive commodity on earth.) Absolutely terrific and amazing how easily they slipped down......

41 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

MarcoF will know the answer but i'd love to recall the name of the local drink I enjoyed when first stumbling upon 'Castaneda' many years ago. On the basis 'I'll drink what the locals are drinking' it was a type of rebujito, save without the soft drink elements. Half pint glass , mostly filled with Manzanilla, good dose of local vermouth and a dash of soda & fresh lime (as if water were the most expensive commodity on earth.) Absolutely terrific and amazing how easily they slipped down......

Sounds like a more hardcore version of Tinto de Verano. I never had it with vermouth but that sounds incredible! Perhaps a regional thing 

Archived