IGNORED

10 goals

Robin Wood

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

That's because our strikers are bang average and supported by a midfield that creates squat.

Not sure they are bang average. Look at where they are being played. We are yet to see the best from them, though it's no certainty that Dean will get the best out of them.

The loss of firstly Weimann then Paterson has made a huge difference.

Weimann is good for about 10 a season & Paterson by far our most likely creator, as well as like to get 6 or so.

There is no one fit remotely similar to those two.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The loss of firstly Weimann then Paterson has made a huge difference.

Weimann is good for about 10 a season & Paterson by far our most likely creator, as well as like to get 6 or so.

There is no one fit remotely similar to those two.

Fam could get 20 

41 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Put all our eggs in one basket with the 5-3-2 system. Now we’ve changed, we don’t have the creative players to make it work IMO. 

Selling Eliasson. . . Christ what a mistake. Everyone knew we’d never see out the entire season with 3-5-2. Everyone but Dean, apparently. 

3 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Selling Eliasson. . . Christ what a mistake. Everyone knew we’d never see out the entire season with 3-5-2. Everyone but Dean, apparently. 

Didn’t want to sign a contract.

Personally I’d go with 352 all season....accept it won’t always win, but at least keep familiarity.

• Admin
4 hours ago, intercity said:

Not sure they are bang average. Look at where they are being played. We are yet to see the best from them, though it's no certainty that Dean will get the best out of them.

You can't say individually they all haven't had chances to score 

5 hours ago, Top Robin said:

That's because our strikers are bang average and supported by a midfield that creates squat.

They are when playing out wide. NW is a proven goal scorer at this level but is unlikely to score when out wide or tracking back.  Fam is mostly getting splinters on the bench.

Holden is not making the best of what we've got. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I’d go with 352 all season....accept it won’t always win, but at least keep familiarity.

Its natural that Eliasson did not wanna be here anymore. He wanted to play but both LJ and DH prefer COD. They play him eight days a week before Eliasson. 134 games 6 goals and 9 assist says it all about COD. He can not

He can not shot, pass, defend, but he can run. The situation is what it is with all injuries so COD have to play at the moment. 352, 433, 442, COD is starting. Feel sorry for him, he do as best he can but it simply not works. After the QPR game I thought at last he can make it. I really hope, hoped, he should start scoring and have assists but it doesnt seem to happen. Rotherham showed that football is simple sometimes, ball in to the box and score. Simple but effective way to play and showed that our team was week yesterday. DH got mutch to think of how he should solve things without our injuried players. Say it  teams are better than usagain: When Weimann not playing we really see that it not does work. We got the points but most of the time the other

I don't mind Semenyo in a wide striker role so much, number of assists and has looked pretty bright at times notably at Huddersfield.

Wells though, total waste.

We're certainly missing Weimann and Paterson. Latter I wonder if he could go on the left as a kind of wide forward, Wells central and Semenyo wide right. 

Weimann we won't see again but usually is good for 10-15 combined goals and assists in a season plus his energy and versatility are tactically very useful.

Needs to stop playing Wells out wide for a start. Our most clinical striker needs to be in the middle tapping in crosses from wingers, not supplying the crosses. Semenyo imo has been brilliant, if he could find his scoring boots that would help but I fear when he does he's off, its the only thing missing from his game currently. Martin, whilst his hold up play and bringing others in to the game is the best in the squad, I can't see him getting double figures this year and as for fam, he's not prolific, if he played every minute of the season he'd never get you more than 15 goals in the league (which isn't a bad thing). We've had striker problems for 2/3 years now, Wells is supposed to be the answer but we don't play to his strengths and we quite frankly can't, theres nobody in that midfield, and I include wiemann and pato, who is creative. This is an uncompleted squad full of too many players who offer the same thing, so we can't change the game or even start it to get us goals. I'm praying Walsh and Williams are the answer to this sorry looking midfield. 

8 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

He can not shot, pass, defend, but he can run. The situation is what it is with all injuries so COD have to play at the moment. 352, 433, 442, COD is starting. Feel sorry for him, he do as best he can but it simply not works. After the QPR game I thought at last he can make it. I really hope, hoped, he should start scoring and have assists but it doesnt seem to happen. Rotherham showed that football is simple sometimes, ball in to the box and score. Simple but effective way to play and showed that our team was week yesterday. DH got mutch to think of how he should solve things without our injuried players. Say it  teams are better than usagain: When Weimann not playing we really see that it not does work. We got the points but most of the time the other

That’s a sad indictment of a player isn’t it.

And just shows just Weimann was so much more than running about.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Needs to stop playing Wells out wide for a start. Our most clinical striker needs to be in the middle tapping in crosses from wingers, not supplying the crosses. Semenyo imo has been brilliant, if he could find his scoring boots that would help but I fear when he does he's off, its the only thing missing from his game currently. Martin, whilst his hold up play and bringing others in to the game is the best in the squad, I can't see him getting double figures this year and as for fam, he's not prolific, if he played every minute of the season he'd never get you more than 15 goals in the league (which isn't a bad thing). We've had striker problems for 2/3 years now, Wells is supposed to be the answer but we don't play to his strengths and we quite frankly can't, theres nobody in that midfield, and I include wiemann and pato, who is creative. This is an uncompleted squad full of too many players who offer the same thing, so we can't change the game or even start it to get us goals. I'm praying Walsh and Williams are the answer to this sorry looking midfield. 

Agree re Wells.

I think if you play a striker close to Martin, he will get a reasonable amount of goals too.

I would seriously play Wells in a two, and just split Fam and Chris’s minutes (in the main), with Antoine the impact sub (in the main).

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This. I do t think Holden is doing a bad job. We look to have a squad similar to recent seasons and I expect the same result - 7-12 place finish. 

losing his nerve so quickly on 352 is a mistake. Actually we often ended up looking 532.... getting the fullbacks playing as wingback and/or centre backs coming out with the ball was what was needed. 

Agree re Wells.

I think if you play a striker close to Martin, he will get a reasonable amount of goals too.

I would seriously play Wells in a two, and just split Fam and Chris’s minutes (in the main), with Antoine the impact sub (in the main).

We absolutely miss Weimann 

Agree re Wells.

I think some games pre injury- injury has changed the possibilities of course, but I think Weimann and Martin for some games or some phases of games would have been pretty good as a pair- one pressing, though as you say much more- and one as a pivot, a focal point. Add in Weimann's ability to pull wider and this helps Hunt in 2 v 1 scenarios.

Archived