IGNORED

Liam Walsh (Merged)

Bassomylord

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Oh dear. He's done sweet FA since the day he signed for us so why is he the promised one now ? Ok, he did ok at Coventry.....big swinging Mickey !!!

As I said, no guarantees, but you could see how he wants to play in the games he played for us. He was one of the best players in L1, as I said exactly the player we would be tying to sign if he wasn't ours.
Have you written off Williams because we haven't seen him? 

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As I said, no guarantees, but you could see how he wants to play in the games he played for us. He was one of the best players in L1, as I said exactly the player we would be tying to sign if he wasn't ours.
Have you written off Williams because we haven't seen him? 

No I haven't, but we've seen Walsh some while back and he just didn't cut it. So many people on here see him as the messiah. .Come on, grow up.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Great post @JonDolman.

I'm surprised just because he's not played for us, people are happy to write him off without seeing him, while at the same time saying you've no proof if he's good enough you haven't seen him.  If he was a Coventry player full time , he is the exact type of player we would have tried to sign. One of the best players in L1, and a good age. From what I've seen, he's 2 footed, plays with his head up and tries to play forward. Things we struggle with (Bakinson apart). Add Williams to the mix, a combative, mobile, box2box MF ( Going from what I've read ) then that sounds like a very good pairing. 

No guarantees, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them together. 

My view is.....I’m gonna wait and see.  Said that all along.  I see little point in writing him off nor claiming he’s the messiah.

Just now, BigTone said:

No I haven't, but we've seen Walsh some while back and he just didn't cut it. So many people on here see him as the messiah. . Come on, grow up.

Can you point out where I've called him the Messiah . 

When he played his 10 or 15 games for us he was 20 and had a handful of games under his belt. That's why he went on loan, play games, get experience and improve. Did you decide Brownhill was shite after 10 games? I don't remember him pulling up trees early on .

So how by saying I'm looking forward to seeing them as a pair calling him the Messiah, pretty stupid comment IMO. I watched a couple of promising performances for Cov last year, I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do that in the Championship. 

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Come on now.

Most of us are not as daft as the club would like us to believe.

Wont sign contract, wants to leave, will leave.

Sorry re-posted that when trying to quote myself. By the way, I think he is a very good footballer. Just don’t think he fancies us and will move on.

Mind you, wouldn’t we all right now?

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When he played his 10 or 15 games for us he was 20 and had a handful of games under his belt. That's why he went on loan, play games, get experience and improve. Did you decide Brownhill was shite after 10 games? I don't remember him pulling up trees early on .

So how by saying I'm looking forward to seeing them as a pair calling him the Messiah, pretty stupid comment IMO. I watched a couple of promising performances for Cov last year, I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do that in the Championship. 

Anyone looking forward to this “Williams/Walsh” axis of glory may be a tad disappointed.

1) Walsh will be gone in Jan

2) Don’t think we will have enough points on board to use this utopian midfield dream-team, and will dig in and scrape 50 points with Dean getting a shot again next year in a non-covid world (hopefully).

Happy Christmas

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

In fairness you didn't but so many on here seem to think he is the be all and end all of footballers. Ffs he isn't else he would have featured ages ago when he first signed.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

In fairness you didn't but so many on here seem to think he is the be all and end all of footballers. Ffs he isn't else he would have featured ages ago when he first signed.

He did, not regularly, but played a bit. Just the fact he looked like he plays with his head up, has 2 good feet, and plays forward. Now he may not have been ready, but Johnson couldn't make his mind up with players, and he said he couldn't play in a 2. Which seemed odd after buying him .

TBH , I think some may be living on hope, there is very little in the team to hold on to. But Holden said he wanted to build around Walsh & Williams, it is all potential until they have a run o games. 

I think Massengo could be a good player, he's gone backward since he's been with us. Nagy is important to Hungary, here he's in and out. I'm optimistic , but from history you don't know what we will turn those players into. 

Given the amount of time he's been out it does seem that he wants away which is a shame.

I think a lot of people are looking forward to a Williams\Walsh combination.

That Stoke 45 minutes when he literally ran the show was impressive, so he has the talent. 

It looks like its down to the coaching staff to convince him otherwise.

So he's off then.

The little I seen of Walsh, I liked him and Everton fans were gutted he left.

I'd was really interested in leaving his best approach would be to play well for us in the championship and prove he can play at this level, so I don't agree with the conspiracy theories on here.

Would still like an update on his injury though.  

24 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

According to Gregor we are looking at the end of February at the earliest. I smell something fishy.

Genuinely lost interest in whether he returns or not or stays or not.

Poor Adam Nagy will have probably started 30 consecutive games in 3 months by the time he is ever fit.

27 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

According to Gregor we are looking at the end of February at the earliest. I smell something fishy.

We need to come to sort of arrangement with him that we just release him from his contract so he can go sign for whoever he wants now. Save us in wages until the end of the season when he'd leave for nothing anyway.

Guaranteed if we did this, he'd start for a team first week of Jan.

14 minutes ago, grifty said:

We need to come to sort of arrangement with him that we just release him from his contract so he can go sign for whoever he wants now. Save us in wages until the end of the season when he'd leave for nothing anyway.

Guaranteed if we did this, he'd start for a team first week of Jan.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Obviously he won't be playing for us or anybody else in the first week of Jan.

The club have made absolutely clear he's injured.

27 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Agreed.  He talks a lot until he’s asked about injuries at which point he becomes sulky, monosyllabic and evasive.  Given the truly exceptional circumstances of two players who have injuries that have stopped them playing a competitive game since March and supporters having no idea what the injuries actually are, let alone a prognosis and timetable for recovery, this is treating supporters with contempt and is a massive reversal from previous practice, which has never been explained to us.  Unacceptable.

Yep.  Just to show basic respect to the supporters would be brilliant.  Not a lot to ask.

According to a friend - you can only give generalized information about a players injuries like an estimated return date. You can give an eta because that is something that effects the business you cannot however go in to full details of injuries as that breaks medical confidentiality. Pisano had to sign a specific waiver to allow staff to discuss in detail what had happened. 

I don't know the specifics of what is happening right now but was told that players often don't want all info released particularly if they might be moving clubs as it can put off potential interest. 

Archived