IGNORED

Today`s games

Lanterne Rouge

Probably a damage limitation exercise for us today hoping to avoid dropping down the league too much.

Norwich have already beaten Cardiff so they can`t go above us and Swansea are beating Barnsley who can if they win (Barnsley FFS!). The others who can overtake us are Blackburn who are currently 0-0 at Stoke.

Edit - Stoke 1-0 up now

47 minutes ago, weepywall said:

As it stands we are still only 3 points off top 6, Boro in the top 6 with their dinasaur, hoofball, pantomime villain manager !!

I'd walk all the way to Boro and carry him back for him to manage us. ( well I wouldn't but you can see where I'm going).

He would of took the job in an instant and suprise suprise working wonders at boro. Their squad, like many others at this level is bang average.

Anyone care to tell me the last time we scored four? 

He produces not only winning football but better football than has been served up under Holden.

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

As it stands we are still only 3 points off top 6, Boro in the top 6 with their dinasaur, hoofball, pantomime villain manager !!

Yeah a good result for Boro. 1-4 away from home. I bet they’ll be up there at the end of the season.
When was the last time we scored four in a game? We can’t manage four shots on target at the moment!

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'd walk all the way to Boro and carry him back for him to manage us. ( well I wouldn't but you can see where I'm going).

He would of took the job in an instant and suprise suprise working wonders at boro. Their squad, like many others at this level is bang average.

Anyone care to tell me the last time we scored four? 

He produces not only winning football but better football than has been served up under Holden.

Damn right!

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

Yeah a good result for Boro. 1-4 away from home. I bet they’ll be up there at the end of the season.
When was the last time we scored four in a game? We can’t manage four shots on target at the moment!

Just looking at the stats, clinical is the word- 6 shots, 4 of them on target- 4 own goals!

How sustainable that is over a season, is debatable!

55 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Was talking to a Borough fan the other day. He was so jealous of us having Holden as our manager with the football we play. Fast, free flowing, attacking football with loads of goals. 

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Liverpool had 8 on target today and scored 7 of them!

Over a season but yes that is quite something! I think one of Middlesbrough's goals was an own goal but that's a very healthy ratio- 3/4 and 3/6 if we exclude the og!

That Liverpool one- clinical and then some!

Results weren't the worst for us today- could have been a little better though but okay in the circs.

Shame Sheffield Wednesday won.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A reasonable outcome today given we`ve lost three on the bounce - still ninth and three points off sixth. It could have been a lot worse.

It’s the hopE that kills mate.... we will be closer to the relegation zone than the playoffs by end of January I fear

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Over a season but yes that is quite something! I think one of Middlesbrough's goals was an own goal but that's a very healthy ratio- 3/4 and 3/6 if we exclude the og!

That Liverpool one- clinical and then some!

Results weren't the worst for us today- could have been a little better though but okay in the circs.

Shame Sheffield Wednesday won.

Worrying that their results are starting to come into the equation. Unless you are talking purely from a Pulis perspective of course! 

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A reasonable outcome today given we`ve lost three on the bounce - still ninth and three points off sixth. It could have been a lot worse.

Just to play devil's advocate and given our recent form (of three defeats in a row):

Lose the next game, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 14th.

Lose the one after that, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 16th.

Lose the one after that, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 18th.

Glass half empty/hall full I know, but still, it's tight looking up the table, but it's tight looking down it too..

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Just to play devil's advocate and given our recent form (of three defeats in a row):

Lose the next game, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 14th.

Lose the one after that, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 16th.

Lose the one after that, we could be overtaken by the team currently in 18th.

Glass half empty/hall full I know, but still, it's tight looking up the table, but it's tight looking down it too..

We just have to hope and pray that 8 days rest will lead to more energy and attacking intent from the team/squad - after today, to still only be three points off of sixth is unreal/lucky!

Archived