Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Diedhiou contract


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes , I know how the season panned  out mate , I watched it. 
Fam won player of the year on the back of his improved performances since Christmas + a lack of any real competition. What I’ve stated twice now , is he doesn’t really suit the way we play as he doesn’t forge any partnerships with other strikers and his hold up play is nowhere that of martins . I get the numbers thing ie strikers but I’m sure the club would like to get some money back on him if possible . Like I said if he goes he goes , if he doesn’t he doesn’t. 
With Williams nearly fit as a box to box  midfielder , that also frees up wiemann to play up top. That’s still four strikers . 

This is a great point. Afobe pre injury showed the way we need to play to get to the next level. If you look at the contribution Chris Martin has made since arriving it only highlights it even more.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes , I know how the season panned  out mate , I watched it. 
Fam won player of the year on the back of his improved performances since Christmas + a lack of any real competition. What I’ve stated twice now , is he doesn’t really suit the way we play as he doesn’t forge any partnerships with other strikers and his hold up play is nowhere that of martins . I get the numbers thing ie strikers but I’m sure the club would like to get some money back on him if possible . Like I said if he goes he goes , if he doesn’t he doesn’t. 
With Williams nearly fit as a box to box  midfielder , that also frees up wiemann to play up top. That’s still four strikers . 

Ok, no need to discuss it any further obviously.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Ok, no need to discuss it any further obviously.

Don’t want rake over old coals and this is slightly off tangent but , it’s quite interesting what pato says on the in-house interview with him. Talking about Chris Martin and his hold up play. I’m paraphrasing slightly but he says. “He’s got such good quality , when it goes into him that I’ll make runs off him because I know it’ll come back with quality.

This is the main reason fam won’t get a look in as long as martins fit.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

he is also good at defending corners should we get more problems at the back

With Bakinson and Martin adding height and physicality, and potentially Williams coming in to midfield too, I think we're much better placed to defend set-pieces now. Those 3 added to 3 CDs and we're not the pushovers that we used to be.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mozo said:

With Bakinson and Martin adding height and physicality, and potentially Williams coming in to midfield too, I think we're much better placed to defend set-pieces now. Those 3 added to 3 CDs and we're not the pushovers that we used to be.

 

Martin has assumed the role of attacking the set piece to the near post.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see nothing but a fam sale. There has been no reason not to sign a new deal unless he is waiting for offers from elsewhere. Reckon we’ll be forced to accept a pitiful offer on deadline day or lose him for nothing. Something is better than nothing when we have Martin, Wells, weimann and semenyo who are all good enough. Semenyo already with 4 assists and a goal this season.

bye fam and thanks for the effort and memories but time to move on.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I see nothing but a fam sale. There has been no reason not to sign a new deal unless he is waiting for offers from elsewhere. Reckon we’ll be forced to accept a pitiful offer on deadline day or lose him for nothing. Something is better than nothing when we have Martin, Wells, weimann and semenyo who are all good enough. Semenyo already with 4 assists and a goal this season.

bye fam and thanks for the effort and memories but time to move on.

It’s telling that Semenyo has come on as sub ahead of Diedhiou in the last couple of games.  If Holden was trying to convince him to sign then he’s not doing it by giving him “sympathy minutes”.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I see nothing but a fam sale. There has been no reason not to sign a new deal unless he is waiting for offers from elsewhere. Reckon we’ll be forced to accept a pitiful offer on deadline day or lose him for nothing. Something is better than nothing when we have Martin, Wells, weimann and semenyo who are all good enough. Semenyo already with 4 assists and a goal this season.

bye fam and thanks for the effort and memories but time to move on.

I can't see us accepting a pitiful offer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fam has never shown he can play in a two whilst Wells, Martin and Semenyo have shown they can with quick, fluid movement.

In the meantime we have Wiemann who brings that ability to do some sort of job in several positions and can start in midfield but switch to forward position if needed.

Fam has been a great servant and he is such a nice guy but I feel he needs to go for whatever we can get.

It frees up space on the bench for broader options particularly when 3 of the remaining 4 forwards are currently starting. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well !  Wilder says that £20 Million will only buy you a teenager !  

Well BCFC can save you some Wonga here !  Bristol City have a striker in his prime at a bargain  and i reckon you might prise him away for a bargain £15M !  Fill your boots Blades &  Mr Wilder 😀

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54387864

Edited by DT The Optimist
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Not sure you can judge him on a ten minutes we were under the cosh. Made a couple great defensive headers

Agree. One of the only times we got the ball to his feet in an attacking area he had 4 defenders around him and no passing options. Didn't do a lot, but given how the game was going when he came on he didn't really have a chance to. + As you say some really good defensive work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Not sure you can judge him on a ten minutes we were under the cosh. Made a couple great defensive headers

Less of a judgement and more of an observation.  Fam is certainly in credit when it comes to such matters so to be clear no aspertions are being cast.  One thing you can normally guarantee with Fam is blood, thunder and endeavour and it was noticeably lacking today IMHO.  Granted it was over a pretty small sample size in circumstances that were hardly ideal when we were swimming against the tide but perhaps that why it was no noticeable as normally he'd be tireless and relentless in those kind of scenarios.  That's the one thing you could always pretty much guarantee with him.

Edited by Magicdaps
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Won a great defensive header within 30 seconds of coming on.

Yep.  Agree totally.  Not trying to dig him out in anyway shape or form.  I was just a bit surprised by his general demeanor as I'm so used to see a wholehearted chest thumping type of display from him in those situations.  Maybe it's just me though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Yep.  Agree totally.  Not trying to dig him out in anyway shape or form.  I was just a bit surprised by his general demeanor as I'm so used to see a wholehearted chest thumping type of display from him in those situations.  Maybe it's just me though. 

As others have said, tricky given the circumstances (ten minutes left and us under the cosh).  I have no reason to believe that Fam is not a wholehearted player, but if he feels (as Eliasson did) that he doesn’t fit in with Holden’s plans, then I think you can forgive him for being a bit glum, particularly if he was expecting a transfer that hasn’t materialised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As others have said, tricky given the circumstances (ten minutes left and us under the cosh).  I have no reason to believe that Fam is not a wholehearted player, but if he feels (as Eliasson did) that he doesn’t fit in with Holden’s plans, then I think you can forgive him for being a bit glum, particularly if he was expecting a transfer that hasn’t materialised.

Again, agree.  Definitely nothing to forgive as far as I'm concerned.  As per my earlier post it was only an observation which I think your reply better explains and what I perhaps should have said in my original post.  Its a shame really as it does make you wonder if it's the beginning of the end of Fam either by fading out as a result of any non-sale or of course by leaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Packman said:

Would people want another striker if Fam left? 1 injury and we would be looking very light. I would say we could chuck Weimann up top but he's playing so well in midfield, big decision.

Yes, but I would possibly be looking at a “youngish” striker without huge expectations of starting every week, more to provide cover this season.  If that makes sense.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Odd display from the bench from Fam.  Looked disinterested for the first time that I can remember.

Yeah, there was a particular moment that I noticed when he didn't bother running across to close down a defender who was say 10 yards away. Instead Weimann, who had been running hard all game, sprinted a good 30 yards to get goal side.

Semenyo put more of a shift in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah, there was a particular moment that I noticed when he didn't bother running across to close down a defender who was say 10 yards away. Instead Weimann, who had been running hard all game, sprinted a good 30 yards to get goal side.

Semenyo put more of a shift in.

That happened an awful lot when they played up top together....and why I always had a bit of a beef against those that said he was hardworking.  Not saying he’s lazy, just not at full-tilt enough imho.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, but I would possibly be looking at a “youngish” striker without huge expectations of starting every week, more to provide cover this season.  If that makes sense.  

Keinan Davis perhaps? That would be a fantastic signing. Although he and Villa would probably expect reasonable minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

8am Sunday morning. Strange Instagram post by Fam. Clearly waiting to travel somewhere.

Is he off to sign for someone? Going on holiday or on international duty?

Just about to post the same thing. Not messing about if he is going on holiday. However the post does look weird, doesn’t have the usual “holiday vibes” footballers post, he’s clearly going somewhere.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...