IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, can we deduce from this that club received an acceptable offer, but Fam didn’t?

I think things tend to be done the other way around these days, the buyer asks the agent what they think the club will accept, the agent talks to the club informally and negotiates both a fee and wages (because they are usually dependent on each other) and a formal offer is only really made when there's a deal in principle.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I think things tend to be done the other way around these days, the buyer asks the agent what they think the club will accept, the agent talks to the club informally and negotiates both a fee and wages (because they are usually dependent on each other) and a formal offer is only really made when there's a deal in principle.

Out of curiosity, why would the wage Dijon are gonna offer Fam be any business of City?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Out of curiosity, why would the wage Dijon are gonna offer Fam be any business of City?

The wage they offer, the transfer fee, and the amount of his contract at BCFC that gets paid up are all coming from the same pot of cash.

The more he's willing to give up on his existing contract pay up, the lower the fee City will accept and the higher Dijon could pay him (and the agent).

Then there's tax.

27 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The wage they offer, the transfer fee, and the amount of his contract at BCFC that gets paid up are all coming from the same pot of cash.

The more he's willing to give up on his existing contract pay up, the lower the fee City will accept and the higher Dijon could pay him (and the agent).

Then there's tax.

As far as I’m aware, contracts are normally terminated upon transfer, unless there is a need to carry on paying them like when Ipswich continued to contribute to JET’s wages.  The transfer fee covers the “compensation” for transferring the players registration.

Good set of articles here:

https://www.reevaldo.com/story/football-club-transfer-negotiations

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As far as I’m aware, contracts are normally terminated upon transfer, unless there is a need to carry on paying them like when Ipswich continued to contribute to JET’s wages.  The transfer fee covers the “compensation” for transferring the players registration.

Good set of articles here:

https://www.reevaldo.com/story/football-club-transfer-negotiations

Yes of course, contracts are terminated upon transfer - otherwise a transfer can't take place - but that doesn't just happen automatically, it's part of a negotiation.  Player contracts are fixed term and early termination by the employer is allowed only when paying them up in full.  That gets negotiated out, and a player's willingness to compromise on that affects the transfer fee demanded and the wages they receive in their new club.  And the agent's take, and the taxes paid, and the FFP position and so on.

8 hours ago, Nibor said:

I was watching SSN several days ago about the Sancho saga, and how that Man U had made a break through in discussions with the player's agent about wages and other payments, and only now were going to enter official discussions with Dortmund. There was a thing about it being United's way of doing business. Get the player details sorted, then make the bid. So I guess each club is different?

With the strong showing of Semenyo and the potential he undoubtedly has (albeit against lower league opposition so far), the club can relax a little in terms of having to replace Diedhiou. As a result could negotiations have shifted in favour towards the club ?

If Semenyos rapid development continues for another couple of games with 20 minute appearances in the Championship and 90 minutes in the cup against Villa, could it be that Diedhiou almost becomes surplus to requirement and the club changes tack and actively looks to offload him rather than trying to get him to re-sign ?

1 hour ago, James54De said:

well well well

Forgive my rustiness on the old Turkish, but I believe that translates roughly as...

“Speech balloon TRANSFER CLAIM Fenerbahçe is in talks with Bristol City for its 28-year-old centrafor Famara Diedhiou. Small blue diamond 28-year-old player rejected Dijon team because of Fenerbahce's interest despite the clubs' agreement.”

53 minutes ago, Torpey'sBigToe said:

Forgive my rustiness on the old Turkish, but I believe that translates roughly as...

“Speech balloon TRANSFER CLAIM Fenerbahçe is in talks with Bristol City for its 28-year-old centrafor Famara Diedhiou. Small blue diamond 28-year-old player rejected Dijon team because of Fenerbahce's interest despite the clubs' agreement.”

Speech balloon This could be a good move for all concerned . 
Small blue diamond I always thought Dijon was a bit of a step down so I am happy for all parties if this goes through. 
Yellow thumbs up .

Looks more & more likely he will be off.

Semenyo’s cup form & Weimann being used as a striker (his best position for me) means that with Martin arriving, this isn’t the issue it appeared a month ago.

Still need to lose a couple from midfield & then decide if we do need another CB (which depends on Kalas’ prognosis).

I’m with those resigned to seeing him go.  We do need to shift a few players (we’ve got a first team squad of 27 or 28) and to accommodate the likes of Williams, Walsh and Morrell we need to regard Weimann and Paterson as strikers again.  Martin, Paterson, Weimann and Semenyo looks like a very decent strike force.  Good variety among them.  On the evidence of Wednesday, Martin and Semenyo could be a seriously good partnership...

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Speech balloon I'd be happy for this to happen.

Small blue diamond I do love Fam but don't think he fits in with how we want to play 

Yellow thumbs up

Agree, Fam doesn't (arguably never has) fitted. We have better options with Wells, Martin and rejuvenated Semenyo, and even Weimann if 2 of those 3 not available.

If we could get back near to what we paid for him is would be good business.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

With 91 followers I'm not sure that this is a reliable source of info and can't see it verified anywhere else yet other than the Post from a few weeks ago;

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fenerbahce-secret-weapon-try-tempt-4218530

There is/was genuine interest from Fenerbache and it could be tempting for FD .

Good club, European football, good money and a Muslim country .

His fellow Senegalese , Moussa Sow, can give him the low down on what to expect.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m with those resigned to seeing him go.  We do need to shift a few players (we’ve got a first team squad of 27 or 28) and to accommodate the likes of Williams, Walsh and Morrell we need to regard Weimann and Paterson as strikers again.  Martin, Paterson, Weimann and Semenyo looks like a very decent strike force.  Good variety among them.  On the evidence of Wednesday, Martin and Semenyo could be a seriously good partnership...

I think Nahki Wells is pretty decent too :)

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Fenerbace seem to play a 4231.

Fam's best role for us is a lone striker imo. I know lots disagree with me on that and think he can only play in a 2.

But will be interesting to see how he does if he goes there in that system.

I really don't see him suiting our current system with how him and Wells look so bad together.

I would’ve thought most people think he’s never found a partnership with anyone, and therefore is exactly as you say - better off on his own.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Loads were saying he's never a lone striker. It was a common thing on here last season.

I thought when we saw him at home to Fulham in the 1-1 draw in 17/18, that was his best performance of the season.

He didn't score and can't remember if he even looked like scoring. But Fulham were looking invincible, and I thought we should have won the game.

Some people seem to think he's best in a front 2 drifting wide a lot. I've never seen him as that kind of player.

I might be wrong and he might stay and be great in a 2. Most likely with Martin or even Semenyo.

But from all the times we've seen him play in a 2 I don't think he's looked anywhere near the player he does when he's up top on his own.

I must’ve stopped listening to their foolish wittering!! ???

29 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But according Gregor, Fam has made it clear that he doesn’t want to go to Turkey, so it should be irrelevant.

It is irrelevant.

SPECIAL NEWS | Bristol City did not compromise even 1 cent from the € 4.9M set for Famara.
Fenerbahçe withdrew when it saw a higher price than expected.
Accordingly, Famara seems to remain in the team.

Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not but I have a feeling we'll miss FD's character more than his footballing ability. That month where Afobe played ahead of FD and showed us what we were missing and making most of the chances. 

I don't think we'll struggle to fill FD's solid goal contributions within the current squad, his defensive work however will be missed I believe. Hope he gets the move he wants before the window closes. 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not but I have a feeling we'll miss FD's character more than his footballing ability. That month where Afobe played ahead of FD and showed us what we were missing and making most of the chances. 

I don't think we'll struggle to fill FD's solid goal contributions within the current squad, his defensive work however will be missed I believe. Hope he gets the move he wants before the window closes. 

I've a horrible feeling we're going to lose Fam for £0 in the summer. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. :(

Archived