IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers (h) - 15:00 Boxing Day 2020 - Matchday thread

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I went with official stream. I think I might have mad too much to drink to give a realistic interpretation of the first half. 

The way I saw it was that we had the better of the chances, but they weren’t without their own. 

Would anyone like to clarify that? I’m struggling.  

Wycombe are so bad at the back that they make us look good...and Wells is doing his best to be even worse than that.

But we're winning.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Wells held his run after a great through ball from Kalas. And he took a heavy tough to an even better one from Baks with the outside of his foot. That, plus Martin blazing over and Semenyo's soft shot being blocked shows that City should be well clear by now. Need to be more ruthless in front of goal.

Need to be, but can we?

1st Half Summary:

- happy with scoreline

- disappointed with the way we have played.

Not sure if wind is blowing left to right (Atyeo to SS) but they have caused far too many probs with straight balls.

Bakinson nor Nagy screening in front of Vyner and Kalas very well.  Bakinson stood there but not jumping.  Got to get in position early and block Akinfenwa.

Took us 28 mins to play a ball from keeper to back 4 and into midfield and retain possession in a controlled way.  Nagy and Bakinson not giving enough inside options to Hunt and Rowe.

Goal came from Nagy being high enough too pinch and interception, then Bakinson too, before Rowe's driving run to create the overload for O'Dowda, who crossed for Martin to score with a bloody header.

O'Dowda, the little drag of Grimmer in too tight and then roll-him for Martin's blazed chance over is what he needs to do more often.  Some good stuff from him, but get him off set-pieces....wasted every one so far.

Martin running channels is quite funny, but he's had a much better game today.

Semenyo far too anonymous, think he prefers left wing, not right.  Maybe Opi Edwards in front of Hunt might be better.

Kalas and Vyner (and Hunt) good from crosses, but Wycombe far too threatening without threatening, if you get my drift, for my liking.  They have better control of the match...that's the disappointing thing from me.

Just now, Davefevs said:

1st Half Summary:

- happy with scoreline

- disappointed with the way we have played.

Not sure if wind is blowing left to right (Atyeo to SS) but they have caused far too many probs with straight balls.

Bakinson nor Nagy screening in front of Vyner and Kalas very well.  Bakinson stood there but not jumping.  Got to get in position early and block Akinfenwa.

Took us 28 mins to play a ball from keeper to back 4 and into midfield and retain possession in a controlled way.  Nagy and Bakinson not giving enough inside options to Hunt and Rowe.

Goal came from Nagy being high enough too pinch and interception, then Bakinson too, before Rowe's driving run to create the overload for O'Dowda, who crossed for Martin to score with a bloody header.

O'Dowda, the little drag of Grimmer in too tight and then roll-him for Martin's blazed chance over is what he needs to do more often.  Some good stuff from him, but get him off set-pieces....wasted every one so far.

Martin running channels is quite funny, but he's had a much better game today.

Semenyo far too anonymous, think he prefers left wing, not right.  Maybe Opi Edwards in front of Hunt might be better.

Kalas and Vyner (and Hunt) good from crosses, but Wycombe far too threatening without threatening, if you get my drift, for my liking.  They have better control of the match...that's the disappointing thing from me.

Im struggling to think of a worse set piece taker than COD. 

Agree with most of this. Playing a poor side.

Cod played very well first half. 
Bakinson’s through ball deserved to be an assist. 
Kalas and Vyner have done well against Akinfenwa. 
Wells has had too much rum. 
Decent half but I’m concerned at how easy Wycombe have managed to get into our box. 

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half in a nutshell

Generally we have looked livelier with COD causing them problems, really should have added to the one goal when we were on top, AS and CM having decent chances. NW looks disheartened and disinterested. 

They certainly look dangerous going forward and unless we can score again this is going to get very uncomfortable. Next goal is crucial. 

Fair. I’m not getting carried away. Wycombe look poor but interested. We look slightly less poor and CoD is having a lot of the ball and winning lots of fouls, Wells looks like he doesn’t want to be on the pitch.

MrRedM is watching the rugby, this is what he just told me. Bristol were poor in the first half but vastly improved in the second. After the match Pat Lam said he told them calmly at HT that if they didn’t want to play there’s the bus get on it. He said he didn’t care that yesterday was Xmas and they are there to do a job and they must play how he expects them to. He got a response and they won. 

Yes we are winning, but let’s see if Holden has the leadership of Lam.

Archived