IGNORED

January Outlook.

Jeez

I wonder if January could potentially be a really prosperous month for well run clubs. If you have a bit of money in the bank there must be a lot in L1 and L2 who are absolutely desperate, and may have to entertain low bids for their stars just to balance the books.

A shrewd club could probably do some great business if they took the risk - if you could identify the next crop of L1 Freeman/Ayling/Flint/Smith/Brownhill brigade and pick them up on the cheap that'd obviously be ideal. I can't see us doing it though!

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If we do, it won’t be much.

It would only be if we managed to sell someone, which basically comes down to Famara, because there is no chance that Swansea will buy Palmer (personally I don’t think they ever intended to).

We need to bring 4 loans back (Palmer, Jonny Smith, Pring & Morton for me) & work on those likely to return from injury in the early part of the year, my guess would be Baker, Sessegnon, Paterson & O’Dowda are probably the 4 likeliest.

We are well adrift of serious contention for top six but would need a Hull type implosion & massive improvement from the bottom 5 to have any concerns about relegation, so as @Sheltons Army said, need to start looking at whether we trust those in charge & give youngsters playing time on a more rotated basis.

48 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I wonder if January could potentially be a really prosperous month for well run clubs. If you have a bit of money in the bank there must be a lot in L1 and L2 who are absolutely desperate, and may have to entertain low bids for their stars just to balance the books.

A shrewd club could probably do some great business if they took the risk - if you could identify the next crop of L1 Freeman/Ayling/Flint/Smith/Brownhill brigade and pick them up on the cheap that'd obviously be ideal. I can't see us doing it though!

Think there are a few in the Champ I’d be testing out too.

7 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Because it not just about this season, we need to get some mojo back into the team be it through a combination of signings, loans & returnees. The coach isn't going anywhere at last until the end of the season but carry on as we are & the momentum will be lost, progress gone backwards and TST sales will also drop off. 

Based on your reply it sounds like you're ready throw in the towel?  

The squad is decent, it’s the manager that’s wrong 

Steve don't waste your money we are going no where this season. If you do spend money the manager will play them out of position or if he dosn't like them he wont play them at all. Plus the coaching staff will coach out of them any talent they have.  Get back the loaned players back asap, get the manager to play for at least 3-4 matches on the trout. If they are not up to the task sell them asap. The same for the youngsters they fill are ready for the first team. But they are not up to it, send them out on loan, asap. If all of this fails and the performances continue invite MA, DH and your son to a meeting, and you know what you got to do at that point. 

4 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Steve don't waste your money we are going no where this season. If you do spend money the manager will play them out of position or if he dosn't like them he wont play them at all. Plus the coaching staff will coach out of them any talent they have.  Get back the loaned players back asap, get the manager to play for at least 3-4 matches on the trout. If they are not up to the task sell them asap. The same for the youngsters they fill are ready for the first team. But they are not up to it, send them out on loan, asap. If all of this fails and the performances continue invite MA, DH and your son to a meeting, and you know what you got to do at that point. 

Oh, no, don't tell me old SO'D's back.:gaah:

Even if allowed, I would not bother going down AG to watch the current shite being dished out. Have fallen out of love with Bristol City in the last 18 months. I used to look forward to every game City played with enthusiasm and if not at AG, radio on, Sky on, whatever, just to follow the game.

Fear for the future at the moment. Give me back my football club PLEASE.

ASHTON OUT.

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Is this the last fish pun of 2020. ???

Archived