IGNORED

The Always look on the Bright Side of Life,Good News Thread.Sponsored by Dr Pepper-What's the worse that can happen?

Slacker

I won on the lottery last night.Got myself a lucky dip ticket for this Wednesday's draw.The beginning of brighter things in these dark times?We shall have to wait and see.

Lets have at least one thread that oozes positivity and desperate optimism to help sail the good ship towards steadier seas.

Come on then.Wass got?

31 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I won on the lottery last night.Got myself a lucky dip ticket for this Wednesday's draw.The beginning of brighter things in these dark times?We shall have to wait and see.

Lets have at least one thread that oozes positivity and desperate optimism to help sail the good ship towards steadier seas.

Come on then.Wass got?

Will you buy the club with your winnings ?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Will you buy the club with your winnings ?

To be honest Tone,I think I would be slightly out of my depth.Maybe buying a golf club,not a football club would my more within my aspirational grasp.

Not so much St Andrews,more seven iron.

20 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I just managed to get my printer working so I won`t need to buy another one tomorrow after all.

Result!

Following an upgrade to Big Sur last week-end, the upgrade disabled microsoft office, which we paid for when we originally purchased the Apple mac. Having uploaded the new, subscription version, the computer started going at snail’s pace which was no good as Mrs D works from home as a private medical secretary.

A friend of ours is pretty good with apple computers and worked on it remotely with some improvement, but it was still taking 15 minutes to open some desk top folders, so he recommended an apple acredited engineer who installed a solid state disk to replace the old one over the week-end.

The improvement was fantastic, but the only problem is that we cannot for love nor money get the printer to connect!

In every silver lining there’s a cloud.

P.S. Apologies @Slacker as I've just realised this post is completely against the spirit of the OP!

19 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

Congrats on your windfall Slacker, never under estimate the importance of little victories, Norman Stanley Fletcher didn't. 

On the subject of good news, I've turned to these as some of my main news sources during the pandemic, and for lifting spirits occasionally!

https://www.positive.news/

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Sadly my lucky dip proved not to be lucky after all.I did however get another one for last nights draw.Havent heard anything yet though. I don't wish to appear ungrateful, but it would be nice to win more than an (un)lucky dip ticket!

Archived