IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

Looked better towards the end of that. For me we have - as we often had in the LJ era - some of the most talented and individually skilled players in the club’s history, all the clubs in the bag you could wish for. What we lack is a proven and experienced manager to organise them. No one thought Dean Holden was that man. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Hard to fault him too much as he is being asked to do a job which he’s not familiar of, but this Vyner in midfield experiment needs to end, he has no long term future in this position & its clear as day he isn’t good enough when on the ball for it. We have plenty of options for midfield so no need of it.

Who?

HNM and Bakinson on the bench, the former has struggled and the latter isn’t looking like the player at the start of the season.

For all the midfielders we have signed on, we just don’t have much quality available in there.

This has been dreadful 

3 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

This is from a Derby fan on Twitter RE the pitch:

“groundsman hasn't been paid, that's why pitch is in a state, they've trained on the pitch at least twice this week also, reason behind pitch being poor definitely sinister, wouldn't surprise me if Moor Farms being compromised In some sort, or it's being sold off?”

Radio Derby said that Derby had trained on this pitch twice this week. Must have been wearing wellies.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Looked better towards the end of that. For me we have - as we often had in the LJ era - some of the most talented and individually skilled players in the club’s history, all the clubs in the bag you could wish for. What we lack is a proven and experienced manager to organise them. No one thought Dean Holden was that man. 

Ashton thought he was, and that's all that counts I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Keep playing like we did in those last 15 minutes and we'll get something I reckon 

Agreed. 

Of course it's not been great and we certainly need to do more - but I think people are moaning for the sake of it, to an extent. 

It been fairly even, nothing of much note from either team. 

Tried to pass it around (which is silly on this surface) 

I'd actually like to see us go direct, get Martin on, try and get something from it and get out of that shot Hole. 

Need to take the game by the scruff of then neck now in the second half. 

Can we...? 

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Who?

HNM and Bakinson on the bench, the former has struggled and the latter isn’t looking like the player at the start of the season.

For all the midfielders we have signed on, we just don’t have much quality available in there.

This has been dreadful 

As you say, HNM, Bakinson & even Rowe (which is his main position) all of which i would have ahead of Vyner....this isnt me rubbishing Vyner, but he has no future in midfield & i dont believe he is doing a job more capable than the others could. Just running about and being a product of the academy shouldnt mean he has a right to be playing.

Dont get me wrong, i fully agree with you, it is dreadful.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. I would have loved to see what Neil Warnock could have done with this squad. At the very least he would have brought some passion and more effective football.

Archived