IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

4 minutes ago, marksy said:

What do you mean by that then pal?

I mean COD keeps praising him up and telling us about how much quality he's got, when we can all see that he's a useless waste of a shirt. 

Callum however seems to be very fond of him. 

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So you don’t think that a lot more rain and snow, can make a difference to how a pitch looks.

With the Derby pitch, no. There are large areas where there is no grass at all, just mud. Recent snow and rain might make the pitch soggy, if there was poor drainage, but it wouldn’t completely remove the grass and just leave bare earth. There must be an underlying problems with the Derby pitch

Just now, City_USA said:

Agreed. I would have loved to see what Neil Warnock could have done with this squad. At the very least he would have brought some passion and more effective football.

I thought it was interesting to see Boro at Norwich today. They went there and had a good go. Where’s we went to Norwich and raised a white flag.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. 

Of course it's not been great and we certainly need to do more - but I think people are moaning for the sake of it, to an extent. 

It been fairly even, nothing of much note from either team. 

Tried to pass it around (which is silly on this surface) 

I'd actually like to see us go direct, get Martin on, try and get something from it and get out of that shot Hole. 

Need to take the game by the scruff of then neck now in the second half. 

Can we...? 

Can we? Of course! Wells is one of the best strikers at this level in recent years, Fam on fire recently...

...will we? I’d suggest that the ‘moaning for the sake of it’ is a reflection of frustration that we so often fail to make the most of the quality we have. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

With the Derby pitch, no. There are large areas where there is no grass at all, just mud. Recent snow and rain might make the pitch soggy, if there was poor drainage, but it wouldn’t completely remove the grass and just leave bare earth. There must be an underlying problem with the Derby pitch

They've probably sacked most of the groundstaff to save money

1st half summary:

Awfully passive start, too much time given, allowed them to look good on a crap pitch.  Poor marking to let CKR to score.

I can understand trying to keep the ball out of the middle of the pitch, but as a team we are far too spread out.

Bielik injury changed momentum a bit (rather than Mariappa coming on for Rowe!), abd we finished the half looking a bit better.  Kalas distribution decent, Semenyo getting in the ball, and Hunt getting forward.  Couple of half chances.

Couple of other observations.  Three times Nagy has let Knight run off of him when Wisdom has the ball, and he’s found him between the lines as Nagy ball watching.  Not sure he’s looks like he’s comfortable left of centre.  Vyner very static when we are in possession, at least until the last 10 minutes when he’s got on the ball.

Fam has been anonymous so far too.

Need to come out fast paced.  Or this game will peter out....sense Derby players quite keen to take the fall.

Dreadful pitch but you can't use that as an excuse.

Worryingly its the same pattern of play. Terrible clueless formation yet again. Forwards living off scraps. Why play three forwards but nothing to get the ball to them. No midfield.

Defenders playing deep, Derby press high so with no midfield the ball goes long. Gets gobbled up by the Derby centre half because they're playing touch tight and picked up by their midfield to build another attack.

It's not rocket science

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That wasn't great was it? We're still in it though which is the only positive I can see.

It was crap.

But yes, as long as we are only one down there is a chance of getting a result.

Its just so pedestrian, boring in fact. Makes me question why I spent a tenner on watching this rubbish.

Only positive I took from that first half is that Semenyo did well and showed up his more "experienced" team mates in terms of his work rate and positivity. Oh, the other positive is that RobinsTV keeps buffering - close to switching it off.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I thought it was interesting to see Boro at Norwich today. They went there and had a good go. Where’s we went to Norwich and raised a white flag.

That's because NW expects nothing less from his players. I get that he's controversial but he is tactically aware and knows this division and what it takes to get out of it. We missed a trick not getting him in when he clearly wanted to come. 

Just now, pongo88 said:

With the Derby pitch, no. There are large areas where there is no grass at all, just mud. Recent snow and rain might make the pitch soggy, if there was poor drainage, but it wouldn’t completely remove the grass and just leave bare earth. There must be an underlying problems with the Derby pitch

All pitches used to be like that. Ashton Gate did throughout the winter months. Now we are in a position where we have undersoil heating, the special rigs that grow the grass, and perfect drainage. Derby obviously have a problem, but the pitch is playable. So just play.

Archived