IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

11 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

Yeah my boyfriend is  Brentford ST holder and has been for all of his life basically - and he literally didn't go to 2 of the games before (never used to miss a game) because the football was terrible and he thought they were so poor. It took him a while but he's a better manager than Dean Smith (I think... I don't really rate Smith although it's annoying how well they are doing this season)

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think they can still do the tiki-taka- but have a nice balance. DaSilva and Norgaard in there, maybe a case for Jansson and Mbeumbo would definitely up the ball retention level.

Definitely, they just seem to mix it up a lot more. They were a little one dimensional with the pass and move before, you can see why they're picking up points more consistently now they can vary their approach. 

Watching this Brentford side playing great football whilst we have run out of left backs and signed a 30yr old Henri Lansbury shows just how far off we are from promotion.

How can Ashton and Lansdown and co say with a straight face that they sacked LJ for failing to make top 6 and then put up with this? 

What's the strategy? Stands and training grounds aren't gonna score 30 goals a season

Just now, redrob said:

Going rate for a striker isn't it? £5 million seems a bargain if he helps you get promoted and then you pay £5m more. 

Wonder what the terms of the add ons are? 

Can't say in COVID times, was already a big fee for a league 1 striker before COVID, but its an if or you sell him on again the next summer if he performs well

1 minute ago, redrob said:

Going rate for a striker isn't it? £5 million seems a bargain if he helps you get promoted and then you pay £5m more. 

Wonder what the terms of the add ons are? 

Had they not sold Watkins and Benrahma, Brentford too would not have had the cash to hand,

The January window was very quiet indeed in terms of Championship level and the summer was not especially dynamic either.

Archived