IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

24 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I know, I know... I know you've been on here long enough to feel justifiably frustrated seeing teams just pass us by. I totally agree. But do feel we've had a proper go tonight though, heads have dropped now though. Hopefully it will be our day one day!

You reckon they can speed it up a bit can't be doing with a 5 year plan at my age.

I know a 5 year plan is being a bit, well optimistic.

Not quite the result many feared but if “damage limitation” against Brentford is the best we can do, then it points to the fact that we are a mid table prospect at best. We could be so much more with the players we have, but if you appoint an inexperienced head coach then that’s the big risk you take.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Brentford - Brentford! Light years ahead of us!

I can remember when they were going bust and feeling sorry for their fans...

They may be light years ahead but we have Mark Ashton and his expert recruitment team. And a Head Coach with a real track record supported by 2 top England coaches. So, you know, swings and roundabouts.

I have been left with a good feeling regardless of the score.  We showed spirit.

The management let us down badly with no left back signed on loan, coaches let us down by poor substitutions.  

Poor management, poor coaching, and a top brass unable to admit their failings are City’s problem

Just think what Lampard could do or the chap we’ve brought in to shore up the Ladies team.. I would make a bid for either before season’s end and they go elsewhere.

PS  Martin yet another training ground injury, and Rowe should never have started against Derby.  Poor 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A comfortable 3-2 win? Perhaps they weren’t at their best but maybe that’s to do with us actually competing with them. 

It’s amazing on here sometimes. We win 2-1 against Huddersfield and we’re lucky we didn’t lose, we lose 3-2 in a game many said we’d be beaten 5 or 6-0 in and we’re lucky Brentford didn’t get out of second gear. 

Maybe, just maybe, we actually did well tonight, considering the difference in quality on the pitch. Or does that not fit in with the club bashing that we’ve been seeing recently?

I reckon there may be some connection between the 'club bashing' and the 'difference in the quality on the pitch'...

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A comfortable 3-2 win? Perhaps they weren’t at their best but maybe that’s to do with us actually competing with them. 

It’s amazing on here sometimes. We win 2-1 against Huddersfield and we’re lucky we didn’t lose, we lose 3-2 in a game many said we’d be beaten 5 or 6-0 in and we’re lucky Brentford didn’t get out of second gear. 

Maybe, just maybe, we actually did well tonight, considering the difference in quality on the pitch. Or does that not fit in with the club bashing that we’ve been seeing recently?

Yeah, it was a comfortable 3-2 win. again, didn't you watch it? We weren't ever threatening them. They weren't desperately attacking us, just calmly and consistently going through us.

4 shots on target. 37% possession. their GK didn't really have to make a save. 

Us doing well and it being easy for them isn't mutually exclusive.

If it wasn't comfortable, where was the last ditch defending, or goal mouth scrambles, or constant pressure, or barrage of corners or free kicks? It wasn't there. None of it was there.

Really really comfortable win for them. Just like it was a comfortable 1-0 for Derby on the weekend, A close score line does not indicate a close game.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah and we were going to get bummed double figures tonight............

Ignore those who are dramatic and OTT. Just look at the current  league form and overall performance in each match. Even when we occasionally win, it’s a horrid match 

A far better performance against one of the best teams in the league gives food for thought.

Why are Brentford streets ahead of us.

Not getting a short term Left Back when we're in chronic need is already costing us.

Playing Diedhiou and his lack of movement up front on his own is another weird one.

Archived