IGNORED

'We'll get the value from Diedhiou on the pitch'

Lrrr

Am I the only one worried that this will make Famara undroppable or unsubbable to try and justify keeping him here without a new contract signed to try and get any sort of value from him? For me the last 3 games he's been exceptionally poor and in other circumstances you'd hope dropped if not at least subbed off if he's started. Dean's yet again not used the full allocation of subs when losing, where is the harm in giving Bell or Pearson 5-10 minutes when you're two goals down and barely had a shot on goal?

Just now, Lrrr said:

Am I the only one worried that this will make Famara undroppable or unsubbable to try and justify keeping him here without a new contract signed to try and get any sort of value from him? For me the last 3 games he's been exceptionally poor and in other circumstances you'd hope dropped if not at least subbed off if he's started. Dean's yet again not used the full allocation of subs when losing, where is the harm in giving Bell or Pearson 5-10 minutes when you're two goals down and barely had a shot on goal?

Neither of those are ready for league football let alone the championship.

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Neither of those are ready for league football let alone the championship.

How about changing formation, bringing Wells/Semenyo central and putting on Bakinson? The point remains about Diedhiou even if you take out the part about the youngsters. I fear the only times he'll be off the pitch is when he physically needs a rest and it won't be because of performances.

Just now, Lrrr said:

How about changing formation, bringing Wells/Semenyo central and putting on Bakinson? The point remains about Diedhiou even if you take out the part about the youngsters. I fear the only times he'll be off the pitch is when he physically needs a rest and it won't be because of performances.

It didn't come out of the tombola.

Just now, Lrrr said:

It’s a good idea but unfortunately for a team that is bereft of goals diedhiou is far more of a goal threat than semenyo.

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Not sure how anyone can disagree with that

It's just a face saving mechanism.

He won't sign a deal, we need him because the other strikers are worse than him so we're trying to spin it as a positive.

We held onto the player! We're getting value! We didn't sell him cheap!

Dude refused to go anywhere.

Club PR BS BS.

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Because Wells has been awful for a while and bakinson the same

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because Wells has been awful for a while and bakinson the same

Can't be any worse than Famara in the last 3 games, if we're insisting Wells/Semenyo have to be wider getting on the ball then Famara just doesn't have the work rate to operate alone centrally

43 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That’s what I suggested at half time in the match day thread. Go 442 at least tighten things up in midfield.

37 minutes ago, Red said:

He was scoring goals and playing well when transfer window open, soon as it closed and no one came in for him it seems he is happy to see the season out.

For a striker to actually score a goal you need to play the ball to him, not have him defend or lump the ball 70 yards to him while being marked by two massive centre backs 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

For a striker to actually score a goal you need to play the ball to him, not have him defend or lump the ball 70 yards to him while being marked by two massive centre backs 

Comes back to saying where it doesn't tactically fit though, is he being left on to try and get any sort of 'value' from him

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Swings and roundabouts, he could help the passer by actually making some runs and being on the move abit 

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Have you seen our passing,they struggle to pass 10 yards sideways let alone a forward raking 60 yarder

The one small positive was Lansbury's vision with Williams looking bright (wait for it) for a guy who hasn't played a first team game since last season

41 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

That’s what I suggested at half time in the match day thread. Go 442 at least tighten things up in midfield.

Might tighten it up to some extent- but then you put Pack on and it's 3 v 2, or even Ojo can be the spare man and when chasing a game it can just open you up further- counterattacking 4-4-2 can be tight and compact, yeah.

Archived