Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Watford (A) - Sat 13th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Might as well ship 8 now. Get the job done. 

No manager can come back from this - look at the body language and arguing after the 5th goal. May struggle to keep single figures- no leader on the pitch to turn it round. 

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But do you believe Ashton would admit he was wrong and that he is not qualified to be in charge of all day to day football operations? He's a walking ego.

I posted ages ago that MA was a crook and only interested in his own self gains. As for Mr Landsdown I remember a statement he made after being promoted against Rotherham. Most of you we're probably there....... Enough Said. JOKE CLUB and been happening for ages. Just sell the club.

• Like 1

It is pointless calling for Holden to be sacked. He should never be in the job, but the shambles that is Mark Ashton is directly to blame for the mess we have on the footballing side . That our owner has made continued errors in choice of Ashton and previous managers makes it all the more worse. The owner has to accept he has made horrific choices, and despite him spending millions to justify his choices, it has come home to roost. The first person who needs to sort their act out is the owner. it starts with him, and it starts with him admitting to himself he has again made a total mess up of the situation. Without that self admission, the club is going to implode. The owner has no need to talk, apologise admit errors to anyone . He just has to sort his own sh1t asap. Ashton and Holden and all of the coaches need clearing out this week. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
22 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'd have kept LJ at the time, but wanting a fresh face doesn't make it their fault. They wanted an experienced manager not Deano

I defended him before today, but this is very much his Tinnion moment. He promised us a turning point, he said he could motivate them. He clearly cant, he has to go now. I dont think he will though

I honestly think we’d be doing better under Johnson than we are now. I wasn’t against his sacking, but if you sack your manager you have to bring in someone palpably better.

We did not. What we actually did was give another decent bloke, totally unqualified for the role, the position and it’s turning out like it always has when SL has done that before. 

Surely Holden has to go after this, but that won’t solve the problem. SL and Ashton will appoint the next grateful yes man and we’ll go round in circles again. It’s pitiful. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Better off listening on Talksport 2. Scathing assessment of our management set up and their lack of tactical awareness  

Good we need a thread started with that clip posted first!

10 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

You have some valid points but it’s also the mangers job to motivate the players, they look like they have downed tools.

Then they should be disciplined or sacked. In normal working life unless involved in an official dispute refusal to do your job results in discipline or worse. Why should it be any different in football.