Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Press release later

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes it is. You’re right. 

I wonder how many times we were in this position with Holden’s predecessor. He probably survived three of these positions before it actually happened tho didn’t it?

I can’t remember off the top of my head, did we lose 6-0 under Johnson? I know we had the losing runs.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be surprised if Holden handed in his resignation. A class guy who I believe if he feels that is the best thing to do for the club, then he'd do it

I would be massively impressed with him if he did. But if he was misguided enough to believe he could do the job then you would presume he will think he can sort things out.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I can’t remember off the top of my head, did we lose 6-0 under Johnson? I know we had the losing runs.

Yep - GJ - away at Ipswich (or maybe that was 6-1?) which was unexpected and at home to Cardiff - when Carey played particularly badly and I had a go at him as he walked off...

Just now, Clevedon Red said:

Couple of 5s Preston and Aston Villa.

Thought so, knew we had a few heavy defeats but there’s something worse about it when it gets above 5. Always been a bit of a watermark between a ‘bad day at the office’ and a thrashing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Yep - GJ - away at Ipswich (or maybe that was 6-1?) which was unexpected and at home to Cardiff - when Carey played particularly badly and I had a go at him as he walked off...

Meant Lee but yes I remember that well! Weirdly that was our playoff season too wasn’t it?

Just now, Red Exile said:

Loves me some free programmes and GJ tripping up Chopra 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Red Exile said:

I seem to remember we dominated the first 10 mins against Cardiff and I thought we might win! 

• Haha 1

Surely wouldn't have given the post-match interview if he was being offed, surely Ashton would have spoken to him first if the trigger was being pulled otherwise making him give the interview is just cruel 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

2 5’s. Preston & Villa. 

You could never have sacked after the Villa as we were still good then. 

No other man would have got away with Preston. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Surely wouldn't have given the post-match interview if he was being offed, surely Ashton would have spoken to him first if the trigger was being pulled otherwise making him give the interview is just cruel 

True, but LJ did interview just before his departure. 

• Like 1
Just now, BCFC Grim said:

😂

Think it says it all that there isn't much anger after today. Alot of realism and lots of humour which is brilliant. Good old otib.

Probably because we feel a bit sorry for Deano, rather than the usual bitterness towards a manager. And the fact we are midtable with time to sort this out before it gets really desperate.