Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I'll bet Mr. Lansdown has never bought a cheap pair of shoes, because he knows that they are crap, don't last the course, don't fit well, and you get what you ******* well paid for.  Yet, where managers are concerned....?

Dean is a pair of 99p flip flops from Poundland 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, petehinton said:

Well if anyone was in any doubt as to what these lads thing of Holden. We got pasted 6-0, needs this game to save his job, we’re 2-0 down and had 0 shots on target.

Just going to say the same. The old cliched “lost the dressing room” is overused but when you’ve gone for your most experienced lineup to get a reaction and you get this, there isn’t any other conclusion 

• Like 2

We look like we are pretty close to relegation. I am sorry to say that. It will be hard to win 3 games out of 20. I think we are one of the favorites for relegation from the (22nd place ) .

I think I just heard Tommy Rowe say "not a lot between the teams first half". Well, leaving aside two goals - how about the fact that one side can pass a ball and the other can't. That one side shows some commitment getting men forward and running into spaces, and the other just has two static players waiting fro 40 yard hoofs. Just for starters. 

Off the ball in bits and pieces, not too bad.  Left our foot in a bit, that was ok.  Bit of pressing for 30 minutes, then nothing.

Movement for the player on the ball, non-existent, bar Wells running channel and Lansbury 1st time passes.

Piss weak defending by Moore and Kalas.

Goal was coming.

Well, experience didn't work.  What next?

Warm your vocal chords Maggie.

Just now, Red7 said:

And they can take 5 or 6 of the starting XI with them, too. Shockingly poor play from so-called professional footballers.

It’s now an embarrassment, 6-0 defeat is bad enough but that second goal . There is no pride here , no heart & no desire. Ashton & jnr need to go we need a complete overhaul 

I’d sack the ******* lot. Where is the self pride in this lot. Morrison basically overriding 4 half hearted tackles. 

totally ineffective up front again, Fam’s  winning a few but no one is anticipating the knock on. Wells half hearted but I suppose a long ball with his back to goal really does not give him anything to work with. Pato flitting about but offering little. Lansbury looking for the glory ball but mostly over hitting it. Our creative players offering zilch.

Moore have a good game as is Nagy, but wish he would stick his foot in a bit. 

Game over though.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Like us, they want a new man. Provided we make the right appointment (we won’t), they’ll be a good squad. 

Their fight and attitude is s***t mate

The ‘we don’t want the Head Coach so who cares’ drives me ****** bonkers

At least Holden is giving his best , however limited that is - are they ?

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

We did, to be fair, tell them this would happen, more or less as soon as he was appointed?   Why Oh Why, did they not see that being a fine human is all very well, but Holden was never, ever gonna work?   Talk about Predestiny!!!  Ha!

Edited by maxjak

If those 2 chances had not gone in then Rowe and this other bloke would be saying how brilliantly we are defending, when really it would have been putting bodies on line and getting a lot of luck to not concede to keep it 0-0 whilst creating absolutely nothing at home. It would still have been an awful performance. 

But anyway, it is 2-0. And we look absolutely shocking. Just hit it long and hope something can magically come from park football tactics.

• Like 1