IGNORED

Runners and Riders - New Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Next City Manager   

1030 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember SL interview after he appointed Dean. He said you don't need a coach who has won promotion to the Premiership to get success. So i hope he remembers that fact and if he has to pay off a lot of coaches  , fitness and medical personal he has only got himself to blame.

5 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Looks like the odds have been cut quite a lot on Cook & Howe, also Appleton & Russel after GMC tweet earlier. I know does not mean a lot as can be just bets placed, but interesting

Paul Cook 5/4 Eddie Howe 3/1 Michael Appleton 4/1 Russell Martin 8/1 Danny Cowley 10/1 Alex Neil 12/1 Frank Lampard 12/1 John Terry 12/1 Nigel Pearson 12/1 Paul Simpson 12/1

Who the actual **** is Russell Martin? A complete nobody!

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Not having a go, but I think we learned from Holden’s appointment that the whole manager betting game is a farce.

It's a small betting market and I think bookies have a low maximum bet on this type of bet, it only takes a few £20 bets for someones odds to change dramatically, I happen to be itk on one of the out of work managers on the list although he is some way down so if you see  someone come in from the 20,s/1 to favourite that will be down to me.??

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

It's a small betting market and I think bookies have a low maximum bet on this type of bet, it only takes a few £20 bets for someones odds to change dramatically, I happen to be itk on one of the out of work managers on the list although he is some way down so if you see  someone come in from the 20,s/1 to favourite that will be down to me.??

I put £10 on Russ Martin and his price went from 8 to 6 ten minutes later not saying I'm totally responsible but it backs up the point..

23 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Bizarre name to be linked

Ex Peterborough, Norwich player

In his first job at MK Dons with a %36 win rate with more defeats than wins

Would be almost certainly an even bigger ‘punt’ than Holden was 

Yeah totally bizarre. Must be someone's mate

Just now, LoyalRed said:

Appleton now fav according to sky bet ?

Spare us

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn’t worry too much just yet. No firm rumours so the odds always move around in that scenario. It’s still pretty early. I expect we’ll know more Thursday and Friday.

I know bets hardly mean anything, for example Hughton, but it just seems like it’s the exact fit Ashton will want. God knows what would happen to season ticket sells and the atmosphere amongst fans if it actually happened tho 

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

I cant see too many candidates wanting to take the job on and keeping our large coaching team

simpson, downing, mountain,gilmartin,cisse

especially if he wants to bring his own staff with him.

So it will either prove to be a stumbling block to getting a new HC or will cost loads of money  to

pay them all off.

Gilmartin now with u23s assisting Alex Ball.

36 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Bizarre name to be linked

Ex Peterborough, Norwich player

In his first job at MK Dons with a %36 win rate with more defeats than wins

Would be almost certainly an even bigger ‘punt’ than Holden was 

Don’t know too much apart from early season they were really heavy in possession but couldn’t turn that into goals....but over time have started to click a bit, gradually moving up the table.  Cameron Jerome helping them with 11 goals whilst Scott Fraser (who I noted at Burton) has 9 from midfield.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13941258/bournemouth-woodgate-temporary-manager/ 

Holding for Lampard or Terry or someone else for a week or two - then to us.

Woodgate has always liked City and is a person who has met SL many times.

Perfect place to start over after Boro - get 4 wins this season and he's got a 3 yr deal in the bag.

Nothing from a source, just a feeling.

But a warm squidgy feeling. Almost tingly.

He's be a good fit. Subservient, but has the honours on the board to get respect from fellow pros.

Cheap too.

I'd be amazed if Ashton hadn't had a chat, with SL's approval.

⚽

45 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

If he gets it, ST sales will go through the floor.....just really hope SL isn’t that stupid!

This next appointment is absolutely vital....

This has a depressing inevitability about it.

I agree with you, fans will be so disappointed and angry if Appleton gets it.

I’m not saying I want Appleton (I don’t) but in fairness his stats at Oxford and now Lincoln (his last 2 proper jobs) arnt actually that bad, 45% win ratio for both, currently top of League 1.  Yeh I want ‘very good’ stats for our next manager but I don’t think he would be an utter utter disaster like DH, at least he has experience

I am surprised that so few people seem interested in Darren Moore, he has improved both of the teams he has Managed, and could have been a premiership Manager if WBA's owners hadn't decided 2nd wasn't good enough. 

I would still prefer Howe, but it just seems a low level of votes.

I am surprised that so few people seem interested in Darren Moore, he has improved both of the teams he has Managed, and could have been a premiership Manager if WBA's owners hadn't decided 2nd wasn't good enough. 

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Please,,,not another "good human" ..

Need a little grit,,edge,,nouse & confidence here right now..

Archived