Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

9 to 10 points required


Recommended Posts

God where are going to get the points we need, waiting on players returning from injury who will need match fitness you can almost see the out of contract players just going through the motions and hiding just to get the game over and avoiding any physical contact 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

God where are going to get the points we need, waiting on players returning from injury who will need match fitness you can almost see the out of contract players just going through the motions and hiding just to get the game over and avoiding any physical contact 

I wouldn't be surprised if 48 points wouldn't be enough seeing as the bottom clubs keep picking up points, didn Leicester get relegated about 10 years ago with 54 points? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

I wouldn't be surprised if 48 points wouldn't be enough seeing as the bottom clubs keep picking up points, didn Leicester get relegated about 10 years ago with 54 points? 

Yes...I think more will be needed to stay up this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

April is going to be a massive month for City. I don’t see us picking up any points in the next 4 games with things as they stand.     Then Birmingham, hopefully grab something & then Blackburn who I think are decent on their day. That will lead us into a massive month of football. How depressing is that! COYR 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If a new Manager , say paul cook comes in after boro. Fans would expect a instant response, but in reality it would probably take 5-6 games to get the team organised (considering how bad we are now) and Install some confidence . We could well be just a few points from the drop by then . We can’t even get a ******* corner or literally pass a ball to one another 5 ******* yards . It’s as big a task for any manager in recent times. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me today was all about stopping the rot. We should have gone 451 (4231) and tried not to lose the game to give us a foundation on which to build (together with what could have been a valuable point). To play a weak 3 man midfield was naive at best.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

52 points needed to be sure of safety, so more like 13 needed.  We don’t draw matches so that’s at least four wins.  If we continue playing the way we did today, then I can’t see us winning another match all season.

If we need 52 points to stay up forget it we have no chance of reaching that total

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 18:40, Alessandro said:

Boro, Swansea and Bournemouth up next.

QPR then....

Birmingham - that game could very likely be a relegation 6 pointer.

found this on page 8, just 7 days ago. the way we are going,we could have 10 games to spare after avoiding the drop. unbelievable change

  • Like 3
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotherham's current ppg carried through to the end of the season would see them finish on 43 points, accounting for a small desperation upturn in form we won't need much more and mathematical safety should be with more than a handful of games

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

16 defeats already this season though; it’s just too many

(then there is our -9 G.D.)

Only 6 clubs have won more than us.

If (big if) we can win the next two, that may change and so might the goal difference.

I think its asking too much for us to get into the playoffs now, but we certainly aint going to be anywhere near relegation imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

16 defeats already this season though; it’s just too many

(then there is our -9 G.D.)

First of all, playoffs are most likely gone, though still possible, but...

The amount of defeats (and wins, we're one of the highest winning teams) is because we've only drawn 3.

And in theory 23 defeats could still see a team promoted automatically, if they won the over 23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

First of all, playoffs are most likely gone, though still possible, but...

The amount of defeats (and wins, we're one of the highest winning teams) is because we've only drawn 3.

And in theory 23 defeats could still see a team promoted automatically, if they won the over 23.

69 points will typically get you 9th place, not usually promoted from the Championship. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel more confident of the playoffs this season than I did last season now 😀 started to look up again rather than down.  But after where we have come from happy with mid table as long as we keep Pearson for next season and it’s not just a temporary fix

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 points behind Bournemouth is not a lot with the amount of games to go. We'd have to really do well from here to get into the playoffs, but certainly possible. Wouldn't put money on it though, and a decent finish to the season would be a nice positive going into the summer where we can hopefully make Pearson deal long term, and back him to strengthen the squad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Rotherham's current ppg carried through to the end of the season would see them finish on 43 points, accounting for a small desperation upturn in form we won't need much more and mathematical safety should be with more than a handful of games

Rotherham are playing better than their results suggest and don't forget that Sheff Wed's had a 6 point deduction, I think it'll be 50+ to stay up this season which we would of struggled to get with the last manager

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Rotherham are playing better than their results suggest and don't forget that Sheff Wed's had a 6 point deduction, I think it'll be 50+ to stay up this season which we would of struggled to get with the last manager

whatever it is,we look like we can do it easily now.  im not very good at expressing myself on here but the point i was trying to emphasise was just how quickly things can change this season. last sunday morning we were relegation fodder,now we are looking up hoping to somehow squeeze back into the playoffs. even if pearson was already coming last sunday,i dont think i could have felt so much better about where we are now. simply amazing turnaround with 2 unbelievable results

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

whatever it is,we look like we can do it easily now.  im not very good at expressing myself on here but the point i was trying to emphasise was just how quickly things can change this season. last sunday morning we were relegation fodder,now we are looking up hoping to somehow squeeze back into the playoffs. even if pearson was already coming last sunday,i dont think i could have felt so much better about where we are now. simply amazing turnaround with 2 unbelievable results

Absolutely right, from thinking that we were in deep, deep trouble I can  see us finishing top half instead of bottom half, actually looking forward to next season for a change 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

found this on page 8, just 7 days ago. the way we are going,we could have 10 games to spare after avoiding the drop. unbelievable change

It’s a remarkable change isn’t it - but it’s not just as simple as 2 wins, or 6 points.

Those 2 wins were also our first wins this season against top 6/8 teams. Under Holden we’d only beaten Stoke before that.

And it’s the change on and off the pitch in attitude and mentality. So nice to be looking up instead of down!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...