IGNORED

Can’t argue much with this

Dr Balls

Well it just goes to continually show what a complete and utter disaster it was to appoint a complete novice in the first place AND trying to bolster his obvious inadequacies with two England youth team coaches which just underlines the folly in appointing him in the first place.

I think it's the "club" trying to lessen the importance of a manager/head coach. After all the "club" identifies targets not the head coach. The "club" negotiates the contracts. They only want the head coach to coach. They take care of everything else. It must have been some interview to impress such an experienced professional as MA 

From day 1 most people on here could see right through it as just a cop out and if we can see right through it then so can the other 23 clubs in this league.

I am sure other things will become clearer over the weeks to come but rightfully, everyone has questioned tactics & formations which clearly show how much out of depth he was but I think it's also managing players coming back from injuries and here again rushing people like Williams and maybe Mawson back too soon just shows bad management.

I actually thought it was a relief to hear an honest and straight talking interview, exactly what we were told we’d get with Holden but evidently didn’t.

There was no sugar coating or looking in mirrors or chest out talk so fair play to him. He’s been thrown in to lead an ailing team with 3 games in a week and hardly any training, so I have some sympathy with the guy(s).

Fair play PS, but boy do we need a big appointment now to change the whole dynamic at this club.

Good on him.

Always liked him as a player and always seemed like a good football guy. He probably cannot believe what he has found himself in and wants out but is carrying on with our shower out of professionalism.

Despite the content signalling that our football club is an absolute shambles, he has consciously (I believe) taken us through the looking glass with that interview, and worryingly that is the most honest interview that has come out of this club in a very long time. 

32 minutes ago, tin said:

In fairness, Simpson’s given is the most honest, straight-talking, frank interview I’ve heard from anyone at the club in a while — and it paints a dismal picture. 

Kalas' rivals it, both in terms of honesty and absolute horror.

No wonder Steve has been busy this week; we are in a bigger mess than any of us could have imagined. 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

100% mate. 
I don’t think Simpson will be doing too many more interviews. Mr Flannel will be worried about his not toeing the party line. 
One thing LJ always did was to protect Ashton’s position, made sure he always sang from the same hymn sheet. Holden wasn’t quite so good at that, even though he was trying to. But Simpson doesn’t seem to give a shit and might spurt out some stuff he shouldn’t. 

So he's not s great coach but he's got a semblance of a back bone.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No wonder Steve has been busy this week; we are in a bigger mess than any of us could have imagined. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is tension between certain members of the team as well following on from that interview. Kalas not happy. 

Big job for someone to come in, possibly have to rebuild player relationships, increase player confidence all whilst working with an ongoing injury crisis happening. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kalas is probably thinking ‘I take 5 balls to the face/bollucks a game for this shower of shit’ mixed with ‘I turned down a move to the Eredivise for this shower of shit’ mixed with ‘**** I’m captain and top earner, better be imposing’. 

I’m not sure whether his interview is refreshing or worrying as ****

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Kalas is probably thinking ‘I take 5 balls to the face/bollucks a game for this shower of shit’ mixed with ‘I turned down a move to the Eredivise for this shower of shit’ mixed with ‘**** I’m captain and top earner, better be imposing’. 

He seems to be trying so much harder than the rest, Bentley excluded.

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

100% mate. 
I don’t think Simpson will be doing too many more interviews. Mr Flannel will be worried about his not toeing the party line. 
One thing LJ always did was to protect Ashton’s position, made sure he always sang from the same hymn sheet. Holden wasn’t quite so good at that, even though he was trying to. But Simpson doesn’t seem to give a shit and might spurt out some stuff he shouldn’t. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

These two interviews ain’t gonna be going down well in Guernsey.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

His interview is extremely worrying. He pretty much said he and the defence are sick of bailing out the rest of the team who create nothing and don't look like scoring. Lack of positivity, lack of belief.... he mentioned both. He even said he's looking down, not up.

The team look mentally and physically beaten to me. 

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Out of likes mate but this completely.

His body language coming off the pitch said everything he looked dejected, pissed off and almost through his armband down. Yes you could argue he’s the captain and needs to lead from the front; but also he’s probably thinking I am the only one trying here. 

Fair play to Simpson, that’s the most honest, truthful thing I have read out of Ashton Gate in years. It’s a painful read but surfaces a lot of the issues. 

Kalas has not been happy all year. His interview following our scraping of Coventry was out of kilter with winning a game. Warning signs were there early.

I like him and he has been around some proper clubs. Not sure he will be with us for much longer.

There was one little period at the end where I thought he was going to absolutely obliterate someone by the corner flag. Would not have blamed him and he did well to hold his discipline. Him and Bentley right now are at the wrong club.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

His interview is extremely worrying. He pretty much said he and the defence are sick of bailing out the rest of the team who create nothing and don't look like scoring. Lack of positivity, lack of belief.... he mentioned both. He even said he's looking down, not up.

The team look mentally and physically beaten to me. 

Exactly my thoughts. Why the **** should I (as Kalas does pretty much EVERY game) throw myself in front of the  ball every 20 minutes or so when we don’t even attack. 

Its mental 

2 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

I'm getting the feeling that there are factions in the squad. 

I’d suggest not only within the squad but across the Club department - department

The Kalas And Simpson Interviews are car crashes Club wise

Looks like fires have broken out all over the Club 

‘ No blame culture ‘  mind 

For a multi million pound business its like 6 yr old having his first go on Football Manager

Good job we have a highly paid man in charge of ‘All football matters’ to prevent it  , oops sorry .... sort it out 

And a Chairman right there with his finger on the pulse

Has Steve Lansdown not seen the smoke rising , for months , or has it been hidden from him / he’s been lied to ?

Taking your eye of the ball doesn’t touch it Mr Lansdown

Your son has done a bunk and Ashton’s Empire is melting down 

Can Ashton really survive this ?

This operational mess from top to bottom has Ashton’s paws all over it. If he survives this he must have a pic of Lansdown or Junior with a goat or something. 

After recent events & these interviews I can’t see any logical reason why the Owner would want Ashton anywhere near the footballing side of this club ever again. The bloke is an absolute bluffer & blagger who is now being found out for what he really is. Lansdown’s problem though is that he himself doesn’t want day to day involvement, his son has shown himself to be incapable & despite being in charge for 25 years he hasn’t created a footballing network of connections in that time. Basically he has no clue who he could replace Ashton with.

Part of me is pleased these interviews have come out tonight as both are strong indications that something really is very wrong at the core of our structure & within the team. We need urgent high quality help now - otherwise we are doomed.

6 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Kalas has not been happy all year. His interview following our scraping of Coventry was out of kilter with winning a game. Warning signs were there early.

I like him and he has been around some proper clubs. Not sure he will be with us for much longer.

There was one little period at the end where I thought he was going to absolutely obliterate someone by the corner flag. Would not have blamed him and he did well to hold his discipline. Him and Bentley right now are at the wrong club.

I think that is just Kalas....he’s a bit strange (in a nice way), spoken to him a few times....he’s not your typical footballer.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’d suggest not only within the squad but across the Club department - department

The Kalas And Simpson Interviews are car crashes Club wise

Looks like fires have broken out all over the Club 

‘ No blame culture ‘  mind 

For a multi million pound business its like 6 yr old having his first go on Football Manager

Good job we have a highly paid man in charge of ‘All football matters’ to prevent it  , oops sorry .... sort it out 

And a Chairman right there with his finger on the pulse

Has Steve Lansdown not seen the smoke rising , for months , or has it been hidden from him / he’s been lied to ?

Taking your eye of the ball doesn’t touch it Mr Lansdown

Your son has done a bunk and Ashton’s Empire is melting down 

Can Ashton really survive this ?

Yes he can, he probably will as well.

The pillars are crumbling though and the Simpson and Kalas interviews will surely and shown to SL, as they have to us, that despite all the lovely paint and lights of the training ground and the stadium, BS3 2EJ is ablaze. 

Wow. That interview has to be one of the most worrying interviews I've ever read. Just shows what a shambles we have become 

I get the impression Lansdown has lost grip of the club and not realised how bad things had got. The fact Junior is no where to be seen makes this all the more worrying 

I knew appointing Holden and these two was a mistake, but I never once thought we would be relegated. Not once 

I just don't see us getting out of this one. Last summer we had time to carry out a 'rigerous' process, we don't have time now . My concern is the rot has set deeper then any of us could even imagine 

What a shame that Ashton and Junior were left to do what they did. They have destroyed this club

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think that is just Kalas....he’s a bit strange (in a nice way), spoken to him a few times....he’s not your typical footballer.

He's quirky. But he chooses his words carefully, and tonight he couldn't have been clearer. There are big, big problems in the squad and, as of now, we are in a relegation fight. 

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow - I just watched it and yes there are troubling comments there but I love his openness and he edges in front of Bentley for player of the season for me after today.

He’s spot on that we concede possession with such impotence. We’ve been relying on our desperate defending for two years now and it isn’t sustainable. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah I mentioned this after a game early in the season where his comments were really odd.

Quote of the day: like this, it’s like we’re waiting for our death...

Tomas Kalas

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wow. That interview has to be one of the most worrying interviews I've ever read. Just shows what a shambles we have become 

I get the impression Lansdown has lost grip of the club and not realised how bad things had got. The fact Junior is no where to be seen makes this all the more worrying 

I knew appointing Holden and these two was a mistake, but I never once thought we would be relegated. Not once 

I just don't see us getting out of this one. Last summer we had time to carry out a 'rigerous' process, we don't have time now . My concern is the rot has set deeper then any of us could even imagine 

What a shame that Ashton and Junior were left to do what they did. They have destroyed this club

Cannot say we were not warned about Ashton. Says a lot I think that SL has been visible and vocal this week.

The appointment of Holden following the sacking of Johnson and the reasoning for it will go down as one of the strangest and most confusing moves this club has ever made.

More worryingly we are asking the guy who appointed Holden to do it all over again, and we are also becoming haunted with thinking how on earth we can scrape some points together to keep us in this league.

In any other walk of life, if you look at it as a transferable, when you put together Mark Ashtons performance professionally for Bristol City Football Club, recruitment, medical team, appointment of Holden etc all taken into account, bearing in mind where we were a year ago, at best its professional incompetence, at worst its practically misconduct.

And yet he goes again.

Archived