Jump to content
IGNORED

Danny Simpson


pl00peh91
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Strangling eh ? Probably learnt it from big Nige whilst at Leicester !😎

I was going to make a joke about the Stranglers playing at Ashton Gate but the subject isn’t really very funny.

The bloke sounds thoroughly unpleasant. I hope we don’t sign him , however good he may be. 
 

He doesn’t deny drinking two bottles of red wine , which for me, is not the habit of a top pro athlete.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but women aren’t going to call the Police against their partners for no reason.

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some reason I got excited and then remembered he is in his mid 30s and not played for a team since last season!

Hunt has not been that great but we also have Mariappa with Baker maybe back soon to play at centre back. Not that I want that but it is still an option.

But the obvious one is Sessegnon to play right back once Rowe returns.

Surely it would take games to get Simpson fit. And we don't have many of them left!?

The only way I could maybe see it being worth doing is if he really does prove himself then we then know to offer him a year deal for next season.

But he is only going to get worse at this age. Not I a signing that gets me excited. And makes no sense at all if it's just this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Encouraged that it hasn’t taken NP long to realise it’s impossible to maintain any type of ball possession with Jack Hunt in your team.

Am genuinely starting to question whether he might be colour blind. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has Steve Lansdown told Ashton there is a surplus in wages this year and if we don’t spend it, it will be deducted from next years wage budget? Getting US office vibes here.

lots of pointless wage spending on aged players when the wages should surely go towards tying down the like of Walsh and Britton....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t get too excited OTIBers, we have a full 25 man squad registered, we can’t add anymore.  We haven’t even registered Andi Weimann!

Suspect NP has been doing him a favour to help him get fit.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s a good player by all accounts and obviously Pearson will have worked with him at Leicester - his age would be the only concern for me but if Nige thinks he can do a job for us going forward into next season then i trust his judgement.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t get too excited OTIBers, we have a full 25 man squad registered, we can’t add anymore.  We haven’t even registered Andi Weimann!

Suspect NP has been doing him a favour to help him get fit.

Can you remove? Jojo drop out with Wiles-Richards acting as 3rd choice for the rest of the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Has Steve Lansdown told Ashton there is a surplus in wages this year and if we don’t spend it, it will be deducted from next years wage budget? Getting US office vibes here.

lots of pointless wage spending on aged players when the wages should surely go towards tying down the like of Walsh and Britton....

I’m not sure Pearson goes in for a lot of pointlessness. Dean Holden and LJ not so much in soooo many levels!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I was going to make a joke about the Stranglers playing at Ashton Gate but the subject isn’t really very funny.

The bloke sounds thoroughly unpleasant. I hope we don’t sign him , however good he may be. 
 

He doesn’t deny drinking two bottles of red wine , which for me, is not the habit of a top pro athlete.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but women aren’t going to call the Police against their partners for no reason.

 

bang on really, feel a bit of double standards though as a lot made strangle jokes when we were linked with Nige, Simpson's story sounds pretty horrendous though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Clayton Blackmore? Carl Shutt? Terry Cooper? Joe Jordan? Norman Hunter? Joe Royle? Peter Cormack? John Bailey? 

I know it doesn't count but Paul Hartley won the Scottish Premier league twice before coming here. 

Andy Cole subsequently won lots of Premier league titles, unfortunately not with us 😭😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Scottish Premiership counts as far as I’m concerned, just don’t tell @Robbored 😳🤣🍷

😁😁

Pushing my luck with this one

JET was in the arsenal academy when they won 2 of their Premier leagues under wenger. 

Our survey said

..... 

.... 

X. Not having it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...