IGNORED

Please don't go....?

Edgy Red

Tommy Rowe should be kept all day long - proper professional, never let us down, versatile and experienced. Could combine with a coaching role.

Weimann  - unlikely to return as the player he was, but still worth it for me, many of us had the odd moan about him, but boy have we missed him.

Baker - Its not championship manager and we are dealing with humans with emotions, so simply offering him less money and expecting him to put as much effort in is very short sighted and bound for failure. His lack of pitch time means he cannot justify his wages, so give him a fresh start elsewhere and get someone else in that is less injury prone and will be delighted to play for the reduced wage that Baker would possibly be offered.

I am indifferent to the rest..... but a grand reset would be great!

Up the Nige!

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

There are 2 questions here 

1) If these players were at other clubs would we sign them in June given their record over the last 2 season and their ages and injury record?

I think the answer is no.

Or another way of looking at that would NP want to sign any old these players in the summer having been fit and well for a full season at a different club.  Baker possibly as if fit he is more than decent. I suspect he would not be approaching MA about any of the others ?  All good fun and speculation...that’s what’s a forums for.

All the players aged 29 ish can go without any doubt.  Proven not to be up to what we need.

The 3 who are younger are more interesting. Woolacott, Adelukan and Walsh.  

With Woolacott all depends on the plan going forward.  He's clearly got enough for a career now at a lower level.  Would we sell Bentley and then keep him and O'Leary to compete?  They're virtually the same age.    Adelukan - pity he got injured as we would have seen if he had it in him to do a Vyner and make the step up to the level needed.  He could end up leaving and then making it somewhere else.  Walsh looks to be good enough - take up the option and then see if a longer deal can be negotiated.  

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

All the players aged 29 ish can go without any doubt.  Proven not to be up to what we need.

The 3 who are younger are more interesting. Woolacott, Adelukan and Walsh.  

With Woolacott all depends on the plan going forward.  He's clearly got enough for a career now at a lower level.  Would we sell Bentley and then keep him and O'Leary to compete?  They're virtually the same age.    Adelukan - pity he got injured as we would have seen if he had it in him to do a Vyner and make the step up to the level needed.  He could end up leaving and then making it somewhere else.  Walsh looks to be good enough - take up the option and then see if a longer deal can be negotiated.  

I thought I rememebr Tins saying during the commentary on Saturday (it might have been an earlier game, who knows, they all merge into one) that he was surprised Woolacott was still around because O'Leary was so much better than him. At least I think that's what he meant.

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Why are people suggesting resigning players who have been injured for a year ? Have you not seen the devastation of this season ? Extend the Weimann contract for example ? Are you serious ? Huge salary , and injured . Oh let’s extend at reduced rates ! No . It does not work like that . We have rights to extend at his current salary . Not a reduced salary . But let’s get back to basics , we cannot resign players who are not fit . We need 22 fit players next season . We need to let them all go . We need salary space . Walsh maybe is the exception . 22 player squad next year , quality not quantity. 

In the case if Weimann, assuming the option to exercise is a club option, then we can choose not to and he leaves.  We can also choose not to and offer him a different deal.  He can then choose whether to sign it or not.

We can all have our opinion re what we’d do with each player OOC this summer.

Aside from the obvious OOC players were all talking about, it seems recently that many of our promising and better quality players are being linked elsewhere too.

massengo, bakinson, semenyo, bentley.

i do hope we don’t also sell off these to the highest bidder but the realism is we may to generate funds so will likely have to replace these as well as the released players.

going to be a busy summer for sure. I just hope we can get business done early and that recruitment for once, hopefully with Pearson in charge, is actually decent.

Pearson has already said Weimann is his kind of player. That I would say is an indication. 

The rest will be a matter of how he thinks the rest will fit. The biggest issue in some of this will be offers we get for Bentley, Semenyo, Nagy if he does well in the summer, Bakinson, Vyner etc. The retained list will not be in complete isolation of the sales list. 

I think Weimanns value in the eyes of many has (not incorrectly) increased in his absence. That’s often the case, but it doesn’t mean it’s wrong in this case. 

I’d be looking to keep Andi, fitness and wages dependant. I’d like to keep Hunt, Pato and Baker (if Mapps not kept on) as backup, but don’t think that’s financially viable and as I don’t see them as first team if we kick on, think they’re gone. 

Watkins and Rowe to go.

Walsh it depends on what he wants. Remember he’s still unproven at this level so we can’t be held to ransom. 

So my overall conclusion is Weimann and Walsh retained.

Archived