Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Holden vs Nigel vs ???


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What excuses have been made? I think he's been very good in his interviews. He's honest, frank, tells the truth and doesn't use cliches really.

The Pulis comparison is also pretty extreme and he's only signed one player so far !

Also - David James was just a big name, was clearly on the decline when we signed him. 

He hasn't signed a player- he's signed a debate.

In so far as his interviews- it does make a very refreshing change for our manager not to take responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

He hasn't signed a player- he's signed a debate.

In so far as his interviews- it does make a very refreshing change for our manager not to take responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

Makes me laugh tbh. If the Manager says stuff like “my responsibility, we go again” people want him to show some authority and have a go at the players from time to time. He’s too soft and let’s them get away with murder. If he has a go at the players (totally justified on Saturday I think) he’s abdicating responsibility. Suppose that’s the world we live in where every comment is analysed without perspective applied or based on your overriding opinion of that person.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Makes me laugh tbh. If the Manager says stuff like “my responsibility, we go again” people want him to show some authority and have a go at the players from time to time. He’s too soft and let’s them get away with murder. If he has a go at the players (totally justified on Saturday I think) he’s abdicating responsibility. Suppose that’s the world we live in where every comment is analysed without perspective applied or based on your overriding opinion of that person.

I think NP did both on Saturday....took responsibility (paraphrased) “I don’t like admitting this of my teams” but also said about unprofessionalism.  He didn’t name names.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

The club is full of players who don't want to be here....

That’s a very bold statement - you obviously have personal contact with the majority of our players to be able to post such emotive wording. Fair play to you. So, which are the players “who don’t want to be here”? Listing them shouldn’t be a problem given your confident and assertive post above ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a very bold statement - you obviously have personal contact with the majority of our players to be able to post such emotive wording. Fair play to you. So, which are the players “who don’t want to be here”? Listing them shouldn’t be a problem given your confident and assertive post above ...

Ok, perhaps he meant they certainly aren’t showing they want to be here based on performances. Is that better?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well it's clear Marina and Ralph (i know it's a she) can't wait for Pearson to get out of town.

Who the **** they think is going to come in and clear up this mess **** knows.

The love for Holden is strange 

I think a number of people, as is their prerogative, decided that they weren’t having Pearson the moment Danny Simpson arrived in the building.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting.

Obviously you don’t want to make anything on here all about yourself, so if I had a “friend” who couldn’t stand marshmallows, what would that say about me, I mean “him”?

 

22 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

In the late 1960s psychologists at Stanford university experimented on 4 year olds by offering them a choice: have one marshmallow right now, or wait ten minutes and have two. 

The men in white coats followed the 4 year olds as they grew up, and they reckoned that those that chose to wait and have two marshmallows instead of gobbling the one on offer immediately were far more successful in life as adults (higher IQ, earned more, addicted less, not in prison etc).

The ability to delay gratification turns out to be a useful life skill. Bristol City fans are well practiced in delaying gratification but we do wobble every now and then (fetch the men in white coats ....)

 

Not that this is relevant to NP or the thread in particular but it's a good story.

Famously one of the youngsters in that experiment opted for the one marshmallow, pretended to eat it and put it in his pocket. When the children who chose to wait had finished their second marshmallow he did a little dance in front of them and lorded it as he tucked in to his saved marshmallow. Apparently when one of the conducters of the experiment asked him why he did it he said "to teach them a lesson, they're boring and poo heads" 

Edited by The dastardly red
Added first bit for clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I think a number of people, as is their prerogative, decided that they weren’t having Pearson the moment Danny Simpson arrived in the building.

I think that was definitely a key point for some mood change....as you say, fair enough too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well it's clear Marina and Ralph (i know it's a she) can't wait for Pearson to get out of town.

Who the **** they think is going to come in and clear up this mess **** knows.

The love for Holden is strange 

Explain why there is a relevance of the above highlighted sentence?

In so far as wanting NP out- what an extraordinary assumption. I am entirely sitting on the fence. I have made several comments that I have not seen anything other than a deterioration on the pitch for which I am not convinced is 100% due the players downing tools. 

What I have made clear is that I'm not convinced that NP is the saviour that others believe he is.

I have also made it clear that,imo, it's a bit premature to offer him a long term contract based on what I've seen so far.

In terms of blame for the abject failure on the pitch since NP arrived then its shared between SL and his board + Chairman, Mark Ashton, medical staff, virtually every senior player and Nigel Pearson and the same people (except NP) for the abject failure and gross mismanagement of this club for over a year.

Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Explain why there is a relevance of the above highlighted sentence?

 

Because the poster called her Ralph which, as far as I know anyway, is a MALE name. Are you trying to get offended or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2021 at 13:58, Numero Uno said:

Taking Stokes Croft, Southville and a few hundred rioters out of the equation in what way is the MAJORITY of Bristol so different from any other City? With respect you seem to have a romantic view of Bristol that not so many who actually live here (particularly Bristolians) would share. Do you have a particular Woman in mind for the job? It has to be someone who has the aptitude and qualifications to do the job, not just picked "cos we fancies doing something gert different from everyone else"........

It's not, its a bit of nonsense to be honest and has no bearing on the managing of Bristol City

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2021 at 23:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a very bold statement - you obviously have personal contact with the majority of our players to be able to post such emotive wording. Fair play to you. So, which are the players “who don’t want to be here”? Listing them shouldn’t be a problem given your confident and assertive post above ...

 

16 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Ok, perhaps he meant they certainly aren’t showing they want to be here based on performances. Is that better?

Yeh probably,  but I was responding to a post by @EmersonsKev - his post boldly stated that “the club is full of players who don’t want to be here” - there was no indication that he was merely stating his own opinion - there was no impartial evidence offered for this claim, so I just assumed he was one of the ‘in the know’ types - there are more than a few on here - yet they are often found to not be ‘in the know’ - I personally don’t think our club is ‘full’ of players that don’t want to be here - but I was just interested to know how another poster had arrived at that claim ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...