IGNORED

Are we coming up to a seismic time for the club?

downendcity

The Pearson situation is waiting to be resolved, we have a large number of players out of contract and very likely to leave, especially on the back of some of the worst performances for a very long time.

Add in the chairman being lost in the Bermuda Triangle, the CEO possibly going to be lost in the Suffolk Triangle and the owner looking to bring in new investment.

Does anyone else feel that we are on the cusp of some pretty huge changes at the club- for better or worse?

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The Pearson situation is waiting to be resolved, we have a large number of players out of contract and very likely to leave, especially on the back of some of the worst performances for a very long time.

Add in the chairman being lost in the Bermuda Triangle, the CEO possibly going to be lost in the Suffolk Triangle and the owner looking to bring in new investment.

Does anyone else feel that we are on the cusp of some pretty huge changes at the club- for better or worse?

Also, and I can't name my source, the hot dogs will cost 20p more when we reopen.

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It has that feeling about it of a bit of a reset. Wether it’s a good one or not only time will tell. 

One thing’s for sure though, it might be a bumpy ride. 

Pearson will see this as a massive, unprecedented opportunity to put his stamp on a club... or he'll run for the hills as soon as the final whistle blows on the last game of the season.

Pray God it's  the former. 

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It certainly looks as if things are starting to change at the club.

To me the priority is to appoint Nige ASAP and allow him to trim the squad in the way he wants - after all what’s happening on the pitch is vastly more important than anything else. The benefits of a successful team are massive with a wide knock on effect to every other part of the club.

If Ashton buggers off to Portman Rd then that’ll be a delight for just about everyone but who fills the vacancy is an unknown - some might say ‘better the devil you know’..........:cool2:.

As for SL looking for new investors  - why not? Perhaps he’s had enough of bailing the club out and wants others on board to share the burden.

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Pearson will see this as a massive, unprecedented opportunity to put his stamp on a club... or he'll run for the hills as soon as the final whistle blows on the last game of the season.

Pray God it's  the former. 

Let’s hope Bob will prevail, eh 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You couldn't make it up, could you!

no...it's almost incredible how football clubs keep their supporters (and most loyal customers) in the dark. You'd have thought that by this evening the owner would have felt some obligation to explain what is going on! 

Agree it does seem to be a fork in the road time for the club.

We can all find fault with the players, medical team, assistants etc but it does seem that Ashton is at the epicenter of it all. As a result, the required changes to get back on track are of some magnitude – probably enough to make SL tremor.

43 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Agree it does seem to be a fork in the road time for the club.

Remember reading a commentator saying of Ronald Regan, that  when he came to a fork in the road he took it!

Am a bit confused as to what SL's intentions are in looking for new investors. Investing in what exactly? The whole of Bristol Sport - football, rugby, basketball, everything? Just football? Stadium included or not? Unfortunately we are a loss making concern, so unlikely to attract someone purely looking for a financial return. So the question  remains: who would want to invest in everything, and if not exactly how do we unpackage Bristol Sport? Maybe Jon Lansdown would prefer the stadium, conference centre, training centre and hotel businesses - a good income from all that.

It's a pickle...

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me the priority is to appoint Nige ASAP and allow him to trim the squad in the way he wants

Can't stress this enough.

After NP's comment on RB saying if we kept losing he wouldn't be offered the job, I have started to worry that it won't happen. With his experience and IMO pragmatic approach with us he is exactly what we need long term. I don't understand why there is a delay to offer him a contract. I get he wants to meet him face to face etc but surely it would be advantageous to get his backroom staff in asap. 

18 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

no...it's almost incredible how football clubs keep their supporters (and most loyal customers) in the dark. You'd have thought that by this evening the owner would have felt some obligation to explain what is going on! 

there might be nothing going on. or nothing he knows about. SL having no idea of what's on the cards (if there is something happening) would be a bit disconcerting.

City were always going to be on a hiding to nothing giving NP a short term deal. In my opinion.

If SL thought it was about looking at results in such a short period given the disastrous management of all these ending contracts, courtesy of MA, it was naive. If it was about taking a look at his character, which SL mentioned in a not too roundabout a way, in that podcast then I think he made a mistake mentioning it.. he should have kept that close to his chest.

Regardless of SL's true feelings, and he may be determined to appoint NP for all we know, he has rather let the cat out of the bag, false or not. That will give NP food for thought... Not good for either party.

Hopefully all smoke and mirrors and the two adults can get that long term deal sorted inside the next 14 days. I think it has to happen by then. Give or take.

if the new investors are to include a new ceo, on a big scale, it could be why the players dont give a hoot knowing they arent good enough for whats around the corner and arent going to feature.  SL couldnt do it bournemouths way ,maybe hes going to try the leicester way instead?

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

there might be nothing going on. or nothing he knows about. SL having no idea of what's on the cards (if there is something happening) would be a bit disconcerting.

This might be the case, of course. But that would beg the question why this forum was leant on to close down a thread linking Mark Ashton to the post of new CEO at Ipswich Town. An action that wouldn't have been taken by our Mods without damn good reason. 

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

As I see it we have some certainty that the club will play home matches at Ashton Gate and the home kit will feature the colour red...but whether we can actually gain access to games, or who might be playing for us, managing us, running the club, or perhaps even owning it all seem to a greater or lesser extent up for grabs!

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

This might be the case, of course. But that would beg the question why this forum was leant on to close down a thread linking Mark Ashton to the post of new CEO at Ipswich Town. An action that wouldn't have been taken by our Mods without damn good reason. 

Really... Not heard this story. Prey do tell more .

Just now, Red Exile said:

As I see it we have some certainty that the club will play home matches and Ashton Gate and the home kit will feature the colour red...but whether we can actually gain access to games, or who might be playing for us, managing us, running the club, or perhaps even owning it all seem to a greater or lesser extent up for grabs!

The litmus test for how for things might have gone t1ts up will be when Bristol Rovers fans start (legitimately) laughing at us.  If it ever happens, that will be the darkest day. (Still not as dark as Mansfield Town were for them though, eh ;)

20 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

This is news that has been well buried. Kidnap is a capital offence. 

Bloody predictive typing!

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Feels like the perfect time to be launching season ticket renewals!

Which is why we would all be mad to renew until at least some of this current nonsense is resolved.

I did smile to myself when I saw one of the dates announced on Robins TV on Saturday was one whereby you would “lose your seat” if you didn’t renew your ST by then.

I mean in a ground where unless we are playing Man Utd it is never actually full anyway, there will be hundreds during the uncertainty of a pandemic who will really want to take my seat from me, won’t there?

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

RUDOLF in a short 'n' curly triangle somewhere ...

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Which is why we would all be mad to renew until at least some of this current nonsense is resolved.

I did smile to myself when I saw one of the dates announced on Robins TV on Saturday was one whereby you would “lose your seat” if you didn’t renew your ST by then.

I mean in a ground where unless we are playing Man Utd it is never actually full anyway, there will be hundreds during the uncertainty of a pandemic who will really want to take my seat from me, won’t there?

I'm quite prepared to wait and see where the land lies. SL has to get a few ducks in a row before he convinces me to take a punt on next season. This seasons tagline could well be: "No fs were given."

1 hour ago, Desso said:

Also, and I can't name my source, the hot dogs will cost 20p more when we reopen.

But can you name the s a u c e?

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Am a bit confused as to what SL's intentions are in looking for new investors. Investing in what exactly? The whole of Bristol Sport - football, rugby, basketball, everything? Just football? Stadium included or not? Unfortunately we are a loss making concern, so unlikely to attract someone purely looking for a financial return. So the question  remains: who would want to invest in everything, and if not exactly how do we unpackage Bristol Sport? Maybe Jon Lansdown would prefer the stadium, conference centre, training centre and hotel businesses - a good income from all that.

It's a pickle...

But can you name the pickle?

Archived