IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

al3xrh0des

1 minute ago, Walsheys step over said:

I’m impressed with the way he talks let’s hope he can back it up if he fails then I wonder where we go from there it certainly will not be upwards 

I was actually less impressed with that. I think he is fed up with saying the same things week after week because he knows he can't change it yet.

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I was actually less impressed with that. I think he is fed up with saying the same things week after week because he knows he can't change it yet.

I think he is fed up with that too.  Imagine having to deal with players like this?

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Spoke to someone who works for City and he said 17 players are being released this summer?

Wouldn't be surprised.

I know Pearson has told us not to expect a massive overhaul, but I think that may just be managing expectations. I get the impression that he is aware that it is necessary.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Brian Tinnion might not have any work to do next season as loans manager, as they will all be around the first team

As Player Pathway Manager I spend most of my day smoking a large cigar in my office. MTG.

15 minutes ago, swanker said:

Spoke to someone who works for City and he said 17 players are being released this summer?

Probably not enough, I would release pretty much everyone of them apart from the youngsters if we could. I hate this squad of tossers. 

He's probably as desperate as us for the season to end so he/team around him can focus on recruitment and planning for the new season rather than spending any more energy/focus on this lot (and press interviews about these games).

I think I'd feel these interviews and questions are tedious now if I was in his shoes as there is clearly nothing he can do to motivate/lift this lot who are leaving and it no longer matters. Just wasting energy.

Let's get the thumping by Brentford out the way and then reset for next season.

2 minutes ago, awbb said:

As Player Pathway Manager I spend most of my day smoking a large cigar in my office. MTG.

Arhhh yes indeed. As early as when the 2nd goal went in I started work on a fat one looking out to sea with sand between the toes and a gentle lapping of turquoise waters.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Arhhh yes indeed. As early as when the 2nd goal went in I started work on a fat one looking out to sea with sand between the toes and a gentle lapping of turquoise waters.

Severn Beach has changed since I moved away from Bristol! 

I did notice that when he first came in he said there wasn't a problem with fitness,now he is saying we're not fit enough.

I assume he hadn't seen everything initially and wanted to manage Rolls, now Rolls is out he can be a bit harsher. 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he is fed up with that too.  Imagine having to deal with players like this?

As the resident stato and only from a statistical perspective who would you keep, who would you bin and who would be borderline for you Dave? 

Sorry if you have covered it elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I did notice that when he first came in he said there wasn't a problem with fitness,now he is saying we're not fit enough.

I assume he hadn't seen everything initially and wanted to manage Rolls, now Rolls is out he can be a bit harsher. 

Interestingly he is linking poor fitness to injuries sustained.

I bet he can’t wait for next week to be over, in truth I’m far more interested in those shown the door than the side he puts out next week.

Though I expect he will want to include as few as possible that he is planning to let go.

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

As the resident stato and only from a statistical perspective who would you keep, who would you bin and who would be borderline for you Dave? 

Sorry if you have covered it elsewhere. 

In all Carey fairness I thought the resident statistician was Popadopolops?

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Interestingly he is linking poor fitness to injuries sustained.

I wonder how other clubs are doing at the moment in terms of fitness and distances covered by players, the condensed pre-season, its not inconceivable that there could be some player burn out at the end of the season. 

46 minutes ago, swanker said:

Perhaps that includes 23's and 18's as well? We have what 13 1st team players out of contract? I can't see us paying up contracts to released players so 1st team numbers don't add up.

29 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Sort of interview gives me hope…thought I heard he’s with twentystone on sound of the city Monday night.

The summer recess will be a great watch…. Hopefully calling in his contacts 

Yes just after 6pm, so the first part of the programme.

Archived