IGNORED

11 Gone

2 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

i guess you must be a glass half empty type, his CV is seriously impressive

"A former tank commander in the British Army, Gould was educated at Bristol Grammar School and the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, Cranfield University and Harvard Business School."

yet you immediately question his abilities without a shred of evidence.

Hang on.............:cool2:

Im not questioning his credentials at all. He’s clearly has an impressive CV including a football background. 
I was simply pointing out that when he was at AG some years ago he took plenty of stick on here from various posters in his role as commercial manager.

I remember meeting him once at a function of some sort in the old Williams Stand. That was about the only time that I had anything to do with him.

2 minutes ago, AG City said:

11 may have gone, but we still have...

O'Dowda, Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Massengo, Williams, Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley, Vyner, Bakinson, O'Leary, Moore, Palmer, Nagy, and probably Weimann and Simpson.  

That's 17 players, along with the youngsters like...

Conway, Britton, Scott, Pring, Janneh, Edwards, Towler

4 quality additions needed for me, no filling the squad up again with has beens, journeymen and lower league Lee Johnson style 'punts'

We also have to accept that this is only phase 1 of the Big Nige Big Rebuild (BNBR).

We shouldn't expect to have a promotion worthy squad just yet and it will be patched up with the younger players when needed.

No doubt we'll be shedding more dead wood next summer and each year the fruits of the BNBR should become more plentiful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

We also have to accept that this is only phase 1 of the Big Nige Big Rebuild (BNBR).

We shouldn't expect to have a promotion worthy squad just yet and it will be patched up with the younger players when needed.

No doubt we'll be shedding more dead wood next summer and each year the fruits of the BNBR should become more plentiful.

Expect one or two of the contracted players to go too.

14 minutes ago, AG City said:

11 may have gone, but we still have...

O'Dowda, Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Massengo, Williams, Dasilva, Kalas, Bentley, Vyner, Bakinson, O'Leary, Moore, Palmer, Nagy, and probably Weimann and Simpson.  

Trouble is most of these players are shit.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grubby said:

We have Rich Gould as CEO, confirmed

:laugh: I hate to say "Told you so", but I recall I flagged him as a potential replacement for MA as soon as that was announced.

<<Blows own trumpet>>

Just now, spudski said:

I'd love them to sell Wells. 

I just find him the biggest negative aura.

I don't think any Championship club would fancy him so unless he got an offer from a club outside of Europe I don't see it happening. The US would work well for him.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all very bizarre. But let me set you straight on a couple of issues;

1. I didn’t tell Pato he was crap. I told him he was excellent... one in ten. 

2. I don’t catch burglars, but when I did, I was alright at it. I caught about 15 in 100. If you tweeted me telling me that, I’d accept it was the truth and I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

3. In my particular field, we catch about 97 in 100 of the criminals who commit the crimes I deal with, so I’d say we’re pretty damn good at it. Cheers. 

But your attention has been lovely. Thanks very much. 

Are you Hercule Poirot?

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Trouble is most of these players are shit.

Some but not all.  O'Doodah & Semenyo I would move on if an offer was made. Wells I'm unsure of but he hasn't really filled me with enthusiasm so maybe move on also.  Williams, I don't know and wouldn't recognise him if you showed me a picture. Others I think we can work with.

Just now, mozo said:

I don't think any Championship club would fancy him so unless he got an offer from a club outside of Europe I don't see it happening. The US would work well for him.

Panic buy imo.

Never liked him as a player or person.

Just find everything about him negative. 

Not my type of person or player.

Three contracted players I'd wish to move on are Kalas, Bakinson and Wells. Controversial I know. It's not so much their ability but other side's to them I really don't like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

:laugh: I hate to say "Told you so", but I recall I flagged him as a potential replacement for MA as soon as that was announced.

<<Blows own trumpet>>

Well blown Sir 👏 :clapping:

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd love them to sell Wells. 

I just find him the biggest negative aura.

I hope we keep Wells, play to his strengths and utilise his ability.

When he was such a popular member of the Bradford, Huddersfield, and QPR dressing rooms, you have to wonder where the problem actually sits.

Maybe his slightly frustrated demeanour is in (until Nigel Pearson joined and Mark Ashton left) the fact that having played for proper clubs he had joined a basket-case one, and was a striker playing in a side that created a record-breaking lack of chances.

Just a thought.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 5

He told us he signed Simpson looking towards next season and Weimann he talked about being here next season. So those 2 were always the likely ones to be staying on.

Interesting to see where all those released end up. Quite a number of them to a championship team I reckon.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hang on.............:cool2:

Im not questioning his credentials at all. He’s clearly has an impressive CV including a football background. 
I was simply pointing out that when he was at AG some years ago he took plenty of stick on here from various posters in his role as commercial manager.

I remember meeting him once at a function of some sort in the old Williams Stand. That was about the only time that I had anything to do with him.

Not like you to believe forum gossip... :cool2:

Thanks to all those now leaving but it is a new beginning at BCFC.

We now have the opportunity ti change course with an experienced and successful manager, and the fruits of the Academy which appear to be the best and plenty of them, for a long time.

Add to this the support staff from CEO to the Tea Lady (sexist and outdated I know) and we could see a Bristol City FC like never before.

COYREDS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I hope we keep Wells, play to his strengths and utilise his ability.

When he was such a popular member of the Bradford, Huddersfield, and QPR dressing rooms, you have to wonder where the problem actually sits.

Maybe his slightly frustrated demeanour is in (until Nigel Pearson joined and Mark Ashton left) the fact that having played for proper clubs he had joined a basket-case one, as was a striker playing in a side that created a record-breaking lack of chances.

Just a thought.

I don't see him as frustrated...I just find him sullen, with an aura of thinking he's the dog's bollox when in reality he's not all that.

There are a certain element that imo think they are better than they are, and act and show off like they are some top Prem star. Some need a bit of humbleness and reality check.

I don't think it's a positive to other team members.

It basically shouts...' you too can be average and get paid a fortune and be Mr Flash'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't see him as frustrated...I just find him sullen, with an aura of thinking he's the dog's bollox when in reality he's not all that.

There are a certain element that imo think they are better than they are, and act and show off like they are some top Prem star. Some need a bit of humbleness and reality check.

I don't think it's a positive to other team members.

It basically shouts...' you too can be average and get paid a fortune and be Mr Flash'.

“In reality he’s not all that” what? A player promoted out of this division with Huddersfield and the Championships top scorer when we signed him?

Sulk away Nahki in my opinion (not that I think he has or does) - I admire him for not accepting our complete mediocrity on and off the field and wanting better. I think if Nigel Pearson has his way we may see a few more stropping around the place if we lose and fail to muster shots against the opposition and I hope so too.

I think NP likes and rates Wells, as he featured in all of the games, never hid, and worked hard, so I would hope that we all got behind out main striking threat and top scorer and backed him rather that unfairly scapegoating him for being slightly miffed at realising the dream he was sold was actually a bit of a farce as has been proven.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

<<Blows own trumpet>>

You should have a rib or two removed so you can suck yourself off.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Well here's hoping we've now heard the last of the Liam Walsh love in on here.

Can you imagine if Walsh was coached by Pembo.

He'd win the league - on his own - by Christmas.

Unstoppable force that would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Not unhappy to see any of that lot go,

Interesting that it states with Weimann that contract negotiations are ongoing which would sugest thats its not a contract extention but reduced terms?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can you imagine if Walsh was coached by Pembo.

He'd win the league - on his own - by Christmas.

Unstoppable force that would be.

You really need to get back on your medication as a matter of urgency for us all.

• Haha 1