IGNORED

FA Cup Final 5:15 today

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Offside is offside or not, black and white no grey area so if the technology says its offside its offside

Not when it’s just part of your body. Not arguing with the fact that VAR shows it’s offside. I just hate that part of someone’s body being ahead of another classes that as offside. It’s not what the rule was meant for. The rule was meant to stop goal hanging

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not when it’s just part of your body. Not arguing with the fact that VAR shows it’s offside. I just hate that part of someone’s body being ahead of another classes that as offside. It’s not what the rule was meant for. The rule was meant to stop goal hanging

VAR, we were told, was bright to clear up clear and obvious errors. We should never be disallowing goals when they have to draw lines - ruins the emotions of scoring etc. A really poor day for VAR again - wish that and Covid would go away! Take me back to 2017 please...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

I agree. It has become a joke. There are few enough goals to celebrate. We shouldn't be ruling them out for marginal decisions like this one. Although I did enjoy Leicester winning. 

• Like 4

Fantastic goal, two fantastic saves, VAR drama at the end.  Best cup final for a long time.

if the Jock Stein quote that football is nothing without the fans ever needed valediction it got it today.

Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Don’t think my stance is incorrect. Was it offside via the rules and VAR? Yes

Was this the intention of the offside rule? No. 

No I completely agree with you. It’s shit. 

But you said it wasn’t offside. It was. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

VAR, we were told, was bright to clear up clear and obvious errors. We should never be disallowing goals when they have to draw lines - ruins the emotions of scoring etc. A really poor day for VAR again - wish that and Covid would go away! Take me back to 2017 please...

As a man who’s just seen his hometown club win the FA Cup, which he thought he might never see...I agree with you.

Obviously, at the moment I only care about the result, but I couldn’t celebrate Leicester’s goal straight away because I knew VAR would be checked; and whilst I’m f...ing overjoyed at the result, I don’t want football matches to be determined by the fact that someone’s left ear is in an offside position in a freeze-frame.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Really enjoyed that. 

The scenes at the end were superb and what a hell of a goal that was from Leicester.

If you look at where our two clubs were almost 30 years ago when we took them apart in the FA Cup at Filbert Street, arguably we were on level terms with them at the time. 

One club have certainly got it right since then.

Having said that, it shows what can be done and gives hope to so many clubs.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, lager loud said:

As a man who’s just seen his hometown club win the FA Cup, which he thought he might never see...I agree with you.

Obviously, at the moment I only care about the result, but I couldn’t celebrate Leicester’s goal straight away because I knew VAR would be checked; and whilst I’m f...ing overjoyed at the result, I don’t want football matches to be determined by the fact that someone’s left ear is in an offside position in a freeze-frame.

Great in short term if you support Leicester but long term you want to say people saying no more of this shite. Sadly won’t happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Really enjoyed that. 

The scenes at the end were superb and what a hell of a goal that was from Leicester.

If you look at where our two clubs were almost 30 years ago when we took them apart in the FA Cup at Filbert Street, arguably we were on level terms with them at the time. 

One club have certainly got it right since then.

Having said that, it shows what can be done and gives hope to so many clubs.

Well, we are now in possession of the manager who started their road to success, so can we dream this summer ? Too right we can. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yep.

I cant help feeling that if it was Leicester denied in that way the general reaction would be very different.