IGNORED

Fans at Wembley games required to show proof of vaccination or negative test before entry

McNasty Filth

I've done a lateral flow test a couple of times and the people I live with have done several 'cos their kid goes to nursery.

It is ridiculously easy and straightforward. I'd understand people being uncomfortable if it was proof of vaccine or nothing but "proof of vaccine or that you've done a quick and easy test" feels a fairly trivial demand. 

2 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Going on Sunday and have just logged into NHS app as I am double jabbed and don’t need to test. But what a flippin experience! Honestly never experienced anything quite like it. I was broadly coping ( numerous codes and security and uploading photo of I’d page of passport etc) until you had to upload a video of yourself reciting a four digit number code texted to your moby. Extrodinary rigmarole. And this is not the end. On Friday UEFA release the ‘sharing platform’ whereby you have to link your vaccine info. Basically a COVID passport with bells. Meanwhile my designated entry time slot on Sunday is 11am - for a 2pm ok. And you apparently have to stay in your seat and not wander around. And the bars are shut. And you can’t take anything in. And Kate Kinsella ( my local weather presenter) says it’s going to be 26 degrees. I’ve followed England to Japan, South Africa and Russia, but this may well be the longest day.

I'm not sure if it's a UEFA decision for bars to be shut then? All food kiosks, drinks and even the actual bars within Wembley were open for the FA Cup final. There was no designated time of entry either, just one hour before kick off. It was actually quite a pleasant experience with so many less people there

2 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Going on Sunday and have just logged into NHS app as I am double jabbed and don’t need to test. But what a flippin experience! Honestly never experienced anything quite like it. I was broadly coping ( numerous codes and security and uploading photo of I’d page of passport etc) until you had to upload a video of yourself reciting a four digit number code texted to your moby. Extrodinary rigmarole. And this is not the end. On Friday UEFA release the ‘sharing platform’ whereby you have to link your vaccine info. Basically a COVID passport with bells. Meanwhile my designated entry time slot on Sunday is 11am - for a 2pm ok. And you apparently have to stay in your seat and not wander around. And the bars are shut. And you can’t take anything in. And Kate Kinsella ( my local weather presenter) says it’s going to be 26 degrees. I’ve followed England to Japan, South Africa and Russia, but this may well be the longest day.

Yeh was far from simple to do that NHS app set-up. 

10 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Thank yourself lucky, just imagine having to do this for citys home games last season; 3 hour snoozefest followed by a 2 hour borefest! Riveting ??

Were you joking about having to upload a video reciting your code, that sounds absolutely ridiculous :laugh:!??!?

Archived