IGNORED

Fixtures out 9am 24th June

CyderInACan

First weekend is due to be 6th/7th/8th August. Which for a change won’t clash with the Balloon Fiesta so we could be home. 

All seems a long time away but the reality is obviously quite different. Will we be allowed back in in the usual numbers or will we be socially distanced still? Will we have any players!? 

Peterboro (h) Saturday 3pm for me. 

48 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

First weekend is due to be 6th/7th/8th August. Which for a change won’t clash with the Balloon Fiesta so we could be home. 

All seems a long time away but the reality is obviously quite different. Will we be allowed back in in the usual numbers or will we be socially distanced still? Will we have any players!? 

I hope so!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Was discussed weeks ago 

Screenshot_20210608-203411_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Will b11 said:

Praying it’s at home because I’m away the weekend after that , would be gutted to miss the first game back 

With our home record of late I'm almost hoping the first game will be away at least then we might start the season with a positive result.

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would be interested to ask why you think this?

I wouldn’t be surprised in the supposed last stage of relaxation of restrictions if stadiums aren’t given the all clear to have full houses and will have to operate with a reduced capacity 

2 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Isn't it fairly obvious we won't be back in at full capacity by the beginning of August?

I think it won't be until every adult has been vaccinated twice personally 

Yep agree. Things are starting to go downhill quite rapidly again unfortunately and can’t see how they will allow full capacity.  Maybe the percentage allowed in will increase but no way will it be full. 

I wonder if they might introduce vaccine passports for attending big crowd events like sport and festivals as a compromise. They have been clear on not doing it for pubs etc but even did test events for stadia so surely it may still be considered. 

Anyone with 2 jabs can go plus negative tests within 48 hrs. Apparently the test events resulted in very few cases. This would allow clubs to get commercially viable numbers in and minimise risk. However the admin might be a bit of a nightmare. 

11 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Isn't it fairly obvious we won't be back in at full capacity by the beginning of August?

If the governments covid road plan come to fruition then the likelihood of full capacity at AG should be permitted. However the various media outlets report scientific opinions that very enormously and none of us will know until the 21st June. 

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Don't get the excitement of fixture release. 23 teams, twice each. Doesn't matter when.

Like most fans I’m interested in the fixture release rather than getting excited about it,

I look for certain dates, Boxing Day is one, NY is another and of course the first match of the season.

12 hours ago, Will b11 said:

Praying it’s at home because I’m away the weekend after that , would be gutted to miss the first game back 

It will be.

Strangely I’m hoping for the reverse, on holiday for the 7th so would miss it.

8 minutes ago, TBW said:

Don't get the excitement of fixture release. 23 teams, twice each. Doesn't matter when.

I've always put the new City fixtures straight up on the calendar (up until the New Year obviously) because I plan aspects of my life around the dates of home games.

It's not so much an exciting day for me, more very useful information when it comes to planning ahead.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If the governments covid road plan come to fruition then the likelihood of full capacity at AG should be permitted. However the various media outlets report scientific opinions that very enormously and none of us will know until the 21st June. 

I don't think that was ever a given. Even under the original road map plan for June 21, "events" were still a "subject to" status, ie possibly still subject to restrictions.

Mostly that seems to have been about the results from the test events, which have reportedly been positive (although government hasn't seen fit to release them yet) so - Delta variant aside - you'd hope we'd be OK. But as you say current views on what that variant means seem mixed.

I'm also keen to know what it will mean for away games. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like most fans I’m interested in the fixture release rather than getting excited about it,

I look for certain dates, Boxing Day is one, NY is another and of course the first match of the season.

Yes, those and new grounds for me. Sadly, next season there are none, so that will make it less interesting for me.

Really disappointed we lost Brentford and their new ground, and if Lincoln had come up that would have made it two!

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Sadly I think you are right now because every goalpost has been moved along the way and I'm no longer surprised by any of it.

38 minutes ago, TBW said:

Because for a lot of people who go to the games it matters when they all are and how it fits into their plans/life etc.

• Admin
2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

No, it isn't obvious

Considering June 21st is STILL being used as a potential date for everything being back to normal

The date you are mentioning will be nearer the end of 2021, no way will that happen 

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, it isn't obvious

Considering June 21st is STILL being used as a potential date for everything being back to normal

The date you are mentioning will be nearer the end of 2021, no way will that happen 

If you think that on the 7th of August we will be welcoming 20,000+ fans into Ashton Gate without any restrictions and back to normal I think you're going to be disappointed unfortunately.

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Yep agree. Things are starting to go downhill quite rapidly again unfortunately and can’t see how they will allow full capacity.  Maybe the percentage allowed in will increase but no way will it be full. 

They're really not though. Yes, cases are climbing (as you would expect with the easing of lockdown) but deaths and hospitalisations are low and relatively stable, which are the two important factors.

I'm not saying we'll definitely be back in full capacity in August, but the picture is nowhere near as bleak as you're painting.

15 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

They're really not though. Yes, cases are climbing (as you would expect with the easing of lockdown) but deaths and hospitalisations are low and relatively stable, which are the two important factors.

numbers are rising rapidly again in comparison to the low levels we’ve seen recently and hospitalisations are rising. Obviously not to the numbers seen in winter but it’s all relevant from where we were before Delta, but it’s a worry that it will keep rising whilst there are lots of people with no vaccine or only one vaccine. 

15 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm not saying we'll definitely be back in full capacity in August, but the picture is nowhere near as bleak as you're painting.

So you’re agreeing with me then. Very much hope I’m wrong but can’t see it  ?

I like to know first game, last game, Xmas and New Year games, any ‘local’ rivals (which have only been the Welsh teams lately) and any new grounds.

I always like fixture release day personally. A sign that football and ll the hope it brings is resuming soonish, I guess the return is even more emotional now after having been away for so long.

I too would be amazed if we are allowed to sit next to eachother again in full capacity. Hope I am wrong though, it will feel quite weird for some being so close to strangers.

• Admin
2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

If you think that on the 7th of August we will be welcoming 20,000+ fans into Ashton Gate without any restrictions and back to normal I think you're going to be disappointed unfortunately.

On the basis 6,600 are at Ashton Gate this Saturday I fully expect that to be the case

Countries in a worse situation are already allowing bigger crowds

If I can go to a few away games in the South East/East next season then I’ll be content

6 hours ago, lenred said:

The deaths aren’t going up though, but that’s for another thread..

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s never full though?! ??

This is very true!  I have no doubt that at least all STs should be allowed in and then some.  As other have said I also really hope away fans are allowed. I’ve missed that the most. 

Archived