IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

50 minutes ago, AberRed said:

If they play like they did last night, definitely! Both Wales & Switzerland would probably take a draw today if Turkey play that badly against them.

Turkey are something of an enigma. Beat France in qualifying for this Euros, and beat Holland in World Cup qualifying back in March, so they must be quite good. But they looked dreadful yesterday.

I watched that Turkey v Holland qualifier back in March, and last night they looked like a completely different team. Admittedly Italy’s performance had something to do with that, but the difference was stark. 

If it’s true that there will be 25,000 Turks travelling to Baku for their game v Wales on Wednesday, I suspect it might be a harder test for Wales than some are expecting. I don’t think Turkey will play as badly again as they did last night. 

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think much of that might be down to how shit hot Italy look!

Don't quite understand why people are spunking all over Italy, thought they looked bang average in attack with technically poor forward players by their standards. Yes they looked a good team unit in terms of shape and closing players down, but cmon, that Turkey team was shocking energy wise and were all over the place second half.

Let's hold judgement until they come up against a much better side.

Agreed and with Pete Hinton. Down to the coach how they look so disinterested and unfit. Maybe the heat is just stifling but Switzerland are no more used to this heat than Wales.

Page is no Giggs thats for sure. If they lose this they will end up bottom of the group.

After last night's game I thought Wales had an edge because they play Italy last in the group's when they will likely rest players. If they can get a lucky point here then they are very well placed. Great header from Moore I don't think it's deserved. Was just thinking before the goal how bad has Bale been for them today!

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Their goal was by the Swiss player.... from Cameroon.

At least he’s an actual Swiss citizen and grew up in the country. I’d struggle to get behind any ‘national team’ players that have  no real affinity to the country. Sam Vokes admitted he didn’t even know he had anyone Welsh in his family when he went to the euros!

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Their goal was by the Swiss player.... from Cameroon.

As he played for Switzerland’s under 16s it seems likely he was there a lot earlier than most of the Welsh players suddenly found out they had a grandparent from there.

Archived