IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Immobile possibly a bit lucky not to get a card there, dangerous sliding in when he had no chance getting the ball.

He had the awareness to try and pull out of the tackle though. 

I thought it was reckless at first look but he did try and pull out and took his studs well out of the way before he hit the keeper (who obviously made a huge meal of it). Wet pitch too it looks like.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I thought it was reckless at first look but he did try and pull out and took his studs well out of the way before he hit the keeper (who obviously made a huge meal of it). Wet pitch too it looks like.

I think taking his studs away is what saved him from a booking.

And it being early on in the game too.

Pretty sure I've seen a red given for that before under "endangering his opponent" (though a red would be harsh IMO).

It's one where I could understand if a yellow was given, though I wouldn't be giving one if I was ref.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Possibly but that’s still not in the rules as far as I’m aware - for me it was a terrible decision, if that was against City or England we would be going mad 

Oh, I agree not a red; but the Welsh players generally just lost it and I can’t say I was sorry! And yes I would have felt differently if it was City!!

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's easily one of the thickest people involved in football which is some achievement.

Seemed pretty sharp and “on the ball” here though...

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh. It's very lustrous isn't it.

I keep wondering - could the BBC really not find one Italian pundit/ex player knocking around to come on?

Yeah. Surely Di Matteo, Zola or someone like that would have been up for the gig.

Maybe best to avoid Paolo Di Canio though......................................

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yeah. Surely Di Matteo, Zola or someone like that would have been up for the gig.

Maybe best to avoid Paolo Di Canio though......................................

Ok sure, let Do Canio and Gattuso off the list.

I can only assume the pool of Italians with strong enough English is small and those available are working for other media.

Archived