Jump to content
IGNORED

Euro 2021/21


daored

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Midred said:

Bit like Moore misheading the ball and it going to an opponent in an offside position who promptly scored!

Assombalonga goal.  I remember watching the highlights and it was very borderline offside when ball was played.  Might’ve been onside.

But agree, the rule is stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

Not that it stopped the cameras here in Spain zooming in on his face and then playing replays of the moment he went down. At a time it looked like he might not pull through. Disgusting! They love a good drama here but thought they might have some limits.

Great too hear he's awake

If it happened in Spain too maybe it was nothing to do with BBC as most said…

Not that that’s the important thing here, obviously CE’s health is most important. Wishing for a speedy recovery

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I guess the only crumb of comfort is if you’re going to have serious medical episode then a professional football pitch at a major tournament is the ‘best’ place (not an ideal choice of words granted)

Exactly, if he had been alone when it happened he wouldn’t have been alive.  Was horrific to watch and I thought he was dead as the CPR was taking ages.  The BBC should have cut away from it,  he’s a very lucky guy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Exactly, if he had been alone when it happened he wouldn’t have been alive.  Was horrific to watch and I thought he was dead as the CPR was taking ages.  The BBC should have cut away from it,  he’s a very lucky guy 

The BBC show the host broadcast stream. They don't have specific control over the images shown. They could have cut to the studio or the test card I guess, but they did not know what images they were going to be fed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

If ever a rule needs changing!!!!!

Agreed, as a defender it’s highly frustrating. Accept its onside and understand why (deliberate action made by defender to play the ball) but if the striker wasn’t there in the offside position the defender could let it run / relax a bit more. Especially the Moore scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

First win, first game. Can't get better than that.

Is that right? First game I mean. Wow. I never knew that. Good for them and as others have said their defence was very solid.

Always build from the back as Nigel reminded us all yesterday.

Thought they may have qualified for a tournament back in the 50's or maybe early 60's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

he’s a very lucky guy 

Indeed...

The % survival rate for CPR outside of hospital is pretty low..

And even within the hospital environment when everything is at hand & the patient is known/records to hand the % chances are very slim....

Someone was watching over him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The only tosspots are people who wildly speculate without any facts. Anyway the lads well-being comes way ahead of being abused by a hard case like you so I’ll concentrate on that.

Clearly your cognitive deficiency is compensated by a desire to get off on criticising people for the sake of it. To conjecture someone may have brain damage after being out for 6 minutes is not some fantasy. It's not jumping to any conclusion either. It's not even suggesting he should retire over it; if you had the wherewithal to read correctly by joining more than a few words together you would be less prone to jump down people's throats which i notice you have a penchant for. In future best you don't reply to challenging posts and stick instead to much shorter sentences.

I suppose calling your self Numero Uno is just another example of this inflated ego you must portray to offset the bullshit you pump out with random abandon. Nobody is buying it kiddo. How about Numero 57. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Indeed...

The % survival rate for CPR outside of hospital is pretty low..

And even within the hospital environment when everything is at hand & the patient is known/records to hand the % chances are very slim....

Someone was watching over him.

Yes, the medical professionals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Even with the 'professionals' at hand the odds outside of hospital are sadly slimmer....

Hope this clarifies.

Doesn't mean an imaginary mass murderer was watching over him.

And suggesting so takes credit away from the people that actually helped him.

Low odds things happen all the time every single day.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Clearly your cognitive deficiency is compensated by a desire to get off on criticising people for the sake of it. To conjecture someone may have brain damage after being out for 6 minutes is not some fantasy. It's not jumping to any conclusion either. It's not even suggesting he should retire over it; if you had the wherewithal to read correctly by joining more than a few words together you would be less prone to jump down people's throats which i notice you have a penchant for. In future best you don't reply to challenging posts and stick instead to much shorter sentences.

I suppose calling your self Numero Uno is just another example of this inflated ego you must portray to offset the bullshit you pump out with random abandon. Nobody is buying it kiddo. How about Numero 57. 

Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

No way are all the players onside with this. Would be a weird coincidence. Pressured to play for sure 

The players couldn't conceive of going back to the hotel, trying to sleep and then restarting the next day. They made the best choice in the circumstances no pressure, sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda.

Edited by Port Said Red
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The players couldn't conceive of going back to the hotel, trying to sleep and then restarting the next day. They made the best choice in the circumstances no pressure, sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda.

No need to talk about agendas. Try to be better than that.  I won’t rise to your bait

What I am saying is that not all players would have wanted to play but those that didn’t would have been felt they had no choice  to play. That’s pressure 

Edited by And Its Smith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No need to talk about agendas. Try to be better than that.  I won’t rise to your bait

What I am saying is that not all players would have wanted to play but those that didn’t would have been felt they had no choice  to play. That’s pressure 

It had to be played some time, they made the best choice. Your wording in other posts suggests outside pressure which has shown not to be the case.

Edited by Port Said Red
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No need to talk about agendas. Try to be better than that.  I won’t rise to your bait

What I am saying is that not all players would have wanted to play but those that didn’t would have been felt they had no choice  to play. That’s pressure 

I’ve seen lots of posts like this on Reddit and some on here, granted yours isn’t as dramatic, but the truth is we don’t know how the players felt. But what does sound silly is pretending to know how they felt or when people tell the player how they should’ve felt in that game from sitting at home on their couches. We have no idea how the talk went down during that break, or what exactly Eriksen/Refs/Managers/UEFA may have said to the teams. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I’ve seen lots of posts like this on Reddit and some on here, granted yours isn’t as dramatic, but the truth is we don’t know how the players felt. But what does sound silly is pretending to know how they felt or when people tell the player how they should’ve felt in that game from sitting at home on their couches 

Maybe I’m not being clear. What I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that every single player will have wanted to play. There are so many involved that is almost impossible for it to be the case. If a few players say ‘let’s play’ then others would be pressured to do the same. The decision should have been made for them 

We don’t know how the players felt but those saying they chose to play so must have felt okay are also pretending to know the truth, it’s just a pretence you agree with so don’t see it that way 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe I’m not being clear. What I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that every single player will have wanted to play. There are so many involved that is almost impossible for it to be the case. If a few players say ‘let’s play’ then others would be pressured to do the same. The decision should have been made for them 

We don’t know how the players felt but those saying they chose to play so must have felt okay are also pretending to know the truth, it’s just a pretence you agree with so don’t see it that way 

Well that's exactly the point i'm trying to make to you.

Edited by Sturny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Rumour Trippier at left back today with Walker right back. Stones and Mings CB pairing 

 

Bbc One Hastings GIF by BBC

I just hope to god we pick the form players up front… not Rashford and Sterling. But I know we will. 😔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I just hope to god we pick the form players up front… not Rashford and Sterling. But I know we will. 😔 

Southgate should have been sacked last year @Fordy62 he’s our weakest link. Think we are going to blow our biggest chance in decades due to a poor HC

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe I’m not being clear. What I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that every single player will have wanted to play. There are so many involved that is almost impossible for it to be the case. If a few players say ‘let’s play’ then others would be pressured to do the same. The decision should have been made for them 

We don’t know how the players felt but those saying they chose to play so must have felt okay are also pretending to know the truth, it’s just a pretence you agree with so don’t see it that way 

You seem absolutely desperate to get the Tournament cancelled ever since Eriksen went down and it's very weird. The players could have also wanted to play.

Strange

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...