Jump to content

Woolacott to Swindon


HappyClapper
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HappyClapper said:

Jojo has moved to Swindon on a free with a sell on clause. Good move all round I think. Never going to make it with us at this time. Plenty of time to establish himself as No1 and to have a good career.
 

Good luck.

I have nothing against JoJo himself, but he's been here far too long, whilst never really remotely being near the first team.

Another salary off the reduced budget at least.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I have nothing against JoJo himself, but he's been here far too long, whilst never really remotely being near the first team.

Another salary off the reduced budget at least.

Same, he’s 25 in September for goodness sake & has never started a game for us.

Appreciate that there is no halfway house with a keeper, so you either play or don’t, whereas a CB could get a game at RB say, but this should have happened a couple of years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What the hell is going on with that club constantly up and down between top end of league one to the bottom end of league 2. Is Lee Power embezzling funds or something?

My best mate is a Swindon fan, the stories he comes out with are staggering

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

Auto corrected and I didn’t even realise/know. 😬 Shows the impact he’s had on me.

I am too lairy for a Friday to be fair 🤣

I think it was fine keeping him around for as long as we did but will be good for him to get his career started now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Granted a keeper has more time to develop into a decent player, but when our released players then sign for a League 2 club you got to think we got it right.

But probably gone to a league 2 club to be number one keeper and work his way up. To be honest I have always thought Max was the better of the 2, JoJo will do ok though and I expect him to progress to league 1 or higher in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Same, he’s 25 in September for goodness sake & has never started a game for us.

Appreciate that there is no halfway house with a keeper, so you either play or don’t, whereas a CB could get a game at RB say, but this should have happened a couple of years ago.

Yeah, exactly. Keepers need a bit of luck to get into team in first place sometimes. Nature of the position. Look at Nick Pope's career. And now he is one of best keepers in country. Emi Martinez, the same. 

Or, bit closer to home, Max. Very good keeper, approaching mid twenties, never held down first choice at his home club. 

From what I've read, where he has been on loan, the fans have seemed to rate Jojo. Fair play to him going out to find a first team spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Same, he’s 25 in September for goodness sake & has never started a game for us.

Appreciate that there is no halfway house with a keeper, so you either play or don’t, whereas a CB could get a game at RB say, but this should have happened a couple of years ago.

That was the argument David James made about why, in addition to the U21 and full England team, they should reintroduce England B.

You might get a young keeper who goes through the England youth set-up and plays U21s, but his next game might be 6 years later and in a tournament for the first time, it would also be useful for players who have matured and are on the fringes but haven't played internationally a chance to impress, even giving Championship players an opportunity to see if a good club season can translate to a second-string England side.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What the hell is going on with that club constantly up and down between top end of league one to the bottom end of league 2. Is Lee Power embezzling funds or something?

I've been following football for just over 30 years now and for virtually that entire period they've never been too far away from some impending crisis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure it's a great idea to join a club that's flirting with financial collapse, never mind one where directors can't even agree who owns it. So good luck indeed.   

It won't be long now before Power is a distant memory and the new management team have obviously had reassurances otherwise they wouldn't have come here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good luck to him. As said above, not going to get a chance here although losing Bentley would leave us needing another keeper to compete with Max.

Maybe Harvey Wiles Richards ready to be 3rd choice?

It's a tricky one knowing what to do with those back up keeper roles. You want them to have games to develop so loans would be best, but you need back up options.

At least first choice back up like Max has a bit more of a chance of playing. 3rd choice unlikely to play at all!

Good move for Wollacott. I went to watch him play at Forest Green. Looks dodgy with the ball at his feet. Great shot stopper though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe Harvey Wiles Richards ready to be 3rd choice?

It's a tricky one knowing what to do with those back up keeper roles. You want them to have games to develop so loans would be best, but you need back up options.

At least first choice back up like Max has a bit more of a chance of playing. 3rd choice unlikely to play at all!

Good move for Wollacott. I went to watch him play at Forest Green. Looks dodgy with the ball at his feet. Great shot stopper though.

Just wondering i he's on a one year contract how there can be a sell on clause 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...