IGNORED

Results from 1986

Offside

On 18/06/2021 at 20:46, Jack Flash said:

Remember this game, Alan Walsh ran the show. And also getting a bit lost and ending up in Alfreton.

I'm amazed Alan got a bit lost. I suppose he only knew Darlington and Portishead.

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I can't remember Gillingham beating you in the play offs

Gillingham, having finished 5th, would have played the third from bottom team in the 2nd division.

The winner of that would then play the winner of Swindon v Wigan. 

4 hours ago, 22A said:

Gillingham, having finished 5th, would have played the third from bottom team in the 2nd division.

The winner of that would then play the winner of Swindon v Wigan. 

Cheers for the update as I went to both the Wigan games but couldn't remember who Gillingham beat to play us and couldn't work out who the fourth team in the play offs would have been 

45 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers for the update as I went to both the Wigan games but couldn't remember who Gillingham beat to play us and couldn't work out who the fourth team in the play offs would have been 

I went to the Wigan and Gillingham away with a few Swindon mates. Went in the home end at Gillingham for about two minutes ?. Is that the game where David smith scored for the gills who went on to play for City? Also scores even after both games and decider at sellhurst park. Was there also

1 minute ago, City exile 79 said:

I went to the Wigan and Gillingham away with a few Swindon mates. Went in the home end at Gillingham for about two minutes ?. Is that the game where David smith scored for the gills who went on to play for City? Also scores even after both games and decider at sellhurst park. Was there also

Yes that's the David Smith who also played for you and had a decent left foot. Gillingham away was when a ciachload of our lot wrecked their pub and missed the game!

37 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yes that's the David Smith who also played for you and had a decent left foot. Gillingham away was when a ciachload of our lot wrecked their pub and missed the game!

We probably have met.I used to watch Swindon and City a hell of a lot. Mainly away. We wanted to do all the grounds. Never watched Town in the premiership though. Hence most of the grounds not done are old premier grounds

2 minutes ago, City exile 79 said:

We probably have met.I used to watch Swindon and City a hell of a lot. Mainly away. We wanted to do all the grounds. Never watched Town in the premiership though. Hence most of the grounds not done are old premier grounds

My best Derby games were always against City and look forward to playing them at the new Ashton Gate....one day!

Memories of that Wigan away game in 86 were it pis*sed down all the way up there and we stood on the grass bank with a little shed

10 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

My best Derby games were always against City and look forward to playing them at the new Ashton Gate....one day!

Memories of that Wigan away game in 86 were it pis*sed down all the way up there and we stood on the grass bank with a little shed

I was sat in the stand ?. I believe Town were 2-0 down but you could tell they weren’t out of it. 3-2 final score? Grass bank throwing turf and celery around singing that celery song

12 minutes ago, City exile 79 said:

I was sat in the stand ?. I believe Town were 2-0 down but you could tell they weren’t out of it. 3-2 final score? Grass bank throwing turf and celery around singing that celery song

2-0 down at half time but won the game 3-2 and yes celery being chucked around

22 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

2-0 down at half time but won the game 3-2 and yes celery being chucked around

I remember it well. Town team was so fit then. Remember them being 3 down against the gas at Ashton Gate. (Wind assisted). You could tell that wasn’t enough. 4-3 town. 

Archived