IGNORED

Only 18 days to wait

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Cracking match as well, Celtic at home. Shame it was not at Ashton in normal times. With sensible pricing it would have been a huge crowd with thousands of Celtic fans in attendance. 

….and I guess that in some way is why the club are charging for streaming it.  Of course I’d rather they offered it for free, but at least we get a chance to watch the game, normally pre-season info is scant.

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can`t see Kalas or Nagy being involved - post Euros time off I would imagine

Probably both get a fortnight off, so will be a bit behind the rest of the squad fitness wise.  

9 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

£20 to watch online  3 games at the training ground - is I think a bit steep 

When City toured the USA for example (remember the game stopped by the extreme weather) the streams were free.

Fair point.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair point.

I had a look on the OS just to see the single game pricing (I won't be paying to watch a friendly) and the individual friendlies are £10 - the same as we paid for a league game this season!  Well they did say Richard Gould doubled Surrey's income ........expecting beer to be £8 a pint now ☹️

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t recall ever watching a pre season fixture in over 50years. 

To me the result is completely irrelevant and these games are nothing more than a training exercise.

So you say, every year, ;)

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Do I?………:dunno:

Point is, lots of fans put great emphasis on how City do in pre season games and I really can’t fathom why…

Only joshing with you, but yes, you do bring it up every year. In fact, I use it as a way of keeping track of when to plant out my runner beans. :D

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Point is, lots of fans put great emphasis on how City do in pre season games and I really can’t fathom why…

The result is far less imporatnt but i'd certainly be concerned if we got tanked 5-0 by Mangotsfield Utd, pre season or not! It's more about performance and fitness levels, granted, not everyones cup of tea.

People want to watch to see how new signings get on, what we look like shape and tactics wise. A taster of what we might be doing in the season proper. This pre season in particular we are going to look a very different side than last year (i bloody hope so anyway).

I've watched a few of the higher profile pre season games over the years. I remember being blown away by an ageing Ruud Gullit for Chelsea one year. Got to see a world class Suarez before he moved to Liverpool and so on. Not all, but some pre season games are worth a watch.

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

17 minutes ago, Gazred said:

The result is far less imporatnt but i'd certainly be concerned if we got tanked 5-0 by Mangotsfield Utd, pre season or not! It's more about performance and fitness levels, granted, not everyones cup of tea.

People want to watch to see how new signings get on, what we look like shape and tactics wise. A taster of what we might be doing in the season proper. This pre season in particular we are going to look a very different side than last year (i bloody hope so anyway).

I've watched a few of the higher profile pre season games over the years. I remember being blown away by an ageing Ruud Gullit for Chelsea one year. Got to see a world class Suarez before he moved to Liverpool and so on. Not all, but some pre season games are worth a watch.

This.

24 minutes ago, Gazred said:

A young Evander Sno, or even a first appearance by Nicky Maynard (against Antwerp?).

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A young Evander Sno, or even a first appearance by Nicky Maynard (against Antwerp?).

And this great vs Mallorca. Moved to some team called Barcelona after. Friendlies...definitely worth a watch.

EqpGSwpXIAIAgGM.jpg

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

In a way I'm glad fans cant attend. Celtic fans are a bunch of tossers whenever they come to England and I can't stand the anti English cringey attitude of jocks. 

Indeed. Glasgow Rangers on the other hand would be welcomed in Bristol anytime for me ?? ? 

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

In a way I'm glad fans cant attend. Celtic fans are a bunch of tossers whenever they come to England and I can't stand the anti English cringey attitude of jocks. 

Have you seen the way a lot of English football fans behave towards Celtic fans, you need to be balanced.

A few years back I went to watch a Celtic match with 20 + other lads from Bristol. Only one Irish and Catholic out of the group and we couldn't have been made to feel anymore welcome. 95% of fans of all clubs are decent (apart from Rovers of course).

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Have you seen the way a lot of English football fans behave towards Celtic fans, you need to be balanced.

A few years back I went to watch a Celtic match with 20 + other lads from Bristol. Only one Irish and Catholic out of the group and we couldn't have been made to feel anymore welcome. 95% of fans of all clubs are decent (apart from Rovers of course).

I am very balanced i work with Scots and Welsh and we are all aware how serious they take their dislike for us and for what reason ? 

The xenophobia towards English is embarrassing from both Welsh and Scottish. I get rivalry but theirs goes too far.

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I am very balanced i work with Scots and Welsh and we are all aware how serious they take their dislike for us and for what reason ? 

The xenophobia towards English is embarrassing from both Welsh and Scottish. I get rivalry but theirs goes too far.

Quite a sweeping statement that. In what way? In wanting to celebrate their own identity? Celebrate their own country as a separate entity? Apart from the usual suspects (found at every club lest us not forget including our) who are just complete knuckleheads what has made you think Welsh and Scottish fans as a whole are xenophobic? 

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

I get that but to me pre season is irrelevant other than giving the managers an idea of how players gel together and adhere to whatever they’ve been working on in training.

Personlly I want to see the players for the first time when it really matters - at AG against Blackpool.

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Nonsense.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I get that but to me pre season is irrelevant other than giving the managers an idea of how players gel together and adhere to whatever they’ve been working on in training.

Personlly I want to see the players for the first time when it really matters - at AG against Blackpool.

You use the word irrelevant too freely and it undermines your point.

We're all looking forward to Blackpool.

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Glasgow Rangers on the other hand would be welcomed in Bristol anytime for me ?? ? 

We, as a club, have no leaning towards either side of the sectarian divide and long may that continue.

If we ever nailed our colours to either mast, I could never watch City again. BTW, I was born in Northern Ireland so absolutely abhor sectarianism which has no place in football.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

I tend to agree with you, but the most important thing regarding recent pre season friendlies for me is when LJ decided to put Bobby Reid up front and it seemed to work so he did the same when the proper season started and Bobby had his one good season in our colours and we subsequently made a small fortune when we sold him to Cardiff based on just one good campaign ...

Archived