IGNORED

King signed - official

Major Isewater

Good signing. Pearson obviously trusts him and King has been in some very successful dressing rooms. I think the idea of his signing is similar to Wade Elliot under Cotterill. I doubt he will play as much though.

Good option to have on the bench and I think will be great in the dressing room. By all accounts he is the epitome of a model pro so hopefully that'll rub off on the younger players. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So who is leaving ?

Several moved on when OOC. Nige is going about rebuilding the squad and has signed players he already knows and trusts. A good start imo. 

The jibe about  ‘Leicester reserves’ is unnecessary imo.

i feel this is a good strong signing and to be honest there is a few more leicester reserves players i would not mind. Any decisions Nigel makes im with him all the way. Anyone that has ever managed no matter what standard will know the first thing you do is seek out a few players you can trust.

My all time favourite Leicester player, playing under my all time favourite Leicester manager.

There's no manager I'd trust more than Pearson to build a squad to succeed. It might not be immediate but given time I'm sure he will succeed.

With regards to King, hard to know where he's at having not played much recently but you won't get a more committed player in the squad, also one of the best characters to have around. Listen to most of our new signings over the last few years and they always mention him being the one to help them integrate and settle. 

He's not blessed with great pace but keeps everything nice and tidy ticking over. He is a fantastic finisher and our all time top scoring midfielder. There's a video on YouTube of all of his goals for us, some of them are sublime.

Really hope they succeed for you this season, will try and get down for a game if possible.

1 minute ago, King Fox said:

My all time favourite Leicester player, playing under my all time favourite Leicester manager.

There's no manager I'd trust more than Pearson to build a squad to succeed. It might not be immediate but given time I'm sure he will succeed.

With regards to King, hard to know where he's at having not played much recently but you won't get a more committed player in the squad, also one of the best characters to have around. Listen to most of our new signings over the last few years and they always mention him being the one to help them integrate and settle.

Really hope they succeed for you this season, will try and get down for a game if possible.

This is great to know, and the three bits in bold are things we desperately need in the dressing room, regardless of what he does on the pitch.

We've a lot of decent young players but the leadership in the squad just hasn't been there and we desperately need senior players who can set an example and a set of standards. Sounds like this might be part of what he's been brought in to do. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is great to know, and the three bits in bold are things we desperately need in the dressing room, regardless of what he does on the pitch.

We've a lot of decent young players but the leadership in the squad just hasn't been there and we desperately need senior players who can set an example and a set of standards. Sounds like this might be part of what he's been brought in to do. 

Yeah I think Pearson will lean on him for his attitude. Can really see him moving into coaching after his career has finished as he's very level headed. Couple of videos from LCFC YouTube when he left.

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You could sense some of that from the Robins Uncut 004 video released yesterday.

37 minutes ago, big dosser said:

i feel this is a good strong signing and to be honest there is a few more leicester reserves players i would not mind. Any decisions Nigel makes im with him all the way. Anyone that has ever managed no matter what standard will know the first thing you do is seek out a few players you can trust.

Especially when you have taken over a club in a complete and utter mess. It’s not like he inherited a strong dressing room and merely needed to get his head round the workings of it. This why he said 5-6 windows to achieve something. This window is simply a case of get some stability in the club, lads who work hard, have bollocks, can be trusted and work from there.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Walsh, Paterson, Lansbury and Rowe, who could also cover centre mid. 

But we now have 9 players (Palmer, , Nagy, Williams, Massengo, Bakinson, James, King, Vyner (if needed) for 2/3 places. Can't see all of them staying.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Especially when you have taken over a club in a complete and utter mess. It’s not like he inherited a strong dressing room and merely needed to get his head round the workings of it. This why he said 5-6 windows to achieve something. This window is simply a case of get some stability in the club, lads who work hard, have bollocks, can be trusted and work from there.

The other key factor is that we've a depressed market, mass player departures wholesale changes behind the scenes and gaps in our recruitment department. In the long term we need to be scouting the best available talent, negotiating early and securing them. Right now we just need to get a squad that can, at the very least, keep us in the division next season. Without the scouting and negotiating resources, it makes sense to stick with the tried and trusted for now.

39 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Amazing to think we have 2 players now with Premier league winning medals. Who was the last City player before them who had won the top division? Norman Hunter?

Big Joe was in the same 73/74 Leeds team.

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

But we now have 9 players (Palmer, , Nagy, Williams, Massengo, Bakinson, James, King, Vyner (if needed) for 2/3 places. Can't see all of them staying.

I think Vyner will only be a right back option next season due to him and Simpson being our only two players in that position. 

I reckon it's actually 10 players (I'm adding in Weimann, O'Dowda and Semenyo too) for 5 places in the midfield/attacking midfield positions.

Welcome to City, Andy.

Honestly I'm not much convinced with this signing: King's recent footballing experiences were negative and he arrives here in a complicated time for the club. I guess he will be useful off the pitch but...maybe not much in the games? We'll see...

56 minutes ago, King Fox said:

Yeah I think Pearson will lean on him for his attitude. Can really see him moving into coaching after his career has finished as he's very level headed. Couple of videos from LCFC YouTube when he left.

That first video really makes feel we've got a great addition to the squad. 

Archived