IGNORED

King signed - official

Major Isewater

56 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Wasn’t aware he was a City supporter!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57695198

That's good enough for me: ? He's one of our own, he's one of our own, he's Andy King, he's one of our own.....?

(Just read he was born in North Devon. We had a lot of fans down there in our 70s heyday.)

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Got me thinking about past players who have been out and out City fans before signing (excluding those who came through the academy route)sure many on here can provide the answer.

Welcome to BS3 Andy.

Marcus Stewart

Cole Skuse (maybe before Academy)

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

After the Euros, I doubt Nagy will be going anywhere without a decent sum incoming

Indeed. I personally feel Nigel will do all he can to keep Nagy providing he wants to stay.. genuinely think in the right system he can be a big player for us.

1 hour ago, Dan Robin said:

Welcome to City, Andy.

Honestly I'm not much convinced with this signing: King's recent footballing experiences were negative and he arrives here in a complicated time for the club. I guess he will be useful off the pitch but...maybe not much in the games? We'll see...

We’ll that’s a ringing endorsement ?

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree on Nagy. Palmer not so easy to move on. On big wages

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree on Nagy. Palmer not so easy to move on. On big wages

Even if we have to pay part of the salary he’ll be gone on loan. Can’t see him getting much game time in BS3.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Big Joe was in the same 73/74 Leeds team.

So was Terry Cooper but he didn’t play enough games to win a medal due to a bad injury (broken leg around two years before?) and his comeback was too late to play enough games to qualify for the winners medal. But Mr Cooper did win the top division with Leeds a few seasons before that...

Andy King has started 22 senior games in FOUR seasons  and is 33 in October. I wish him well but I'm very sceptical about him having a significant impact on our season. I'm sort of thinking a new version of Chris Brunt and Henri Lansbury. It seems to me the Championship has moved on from these type of signings being successful. 

Just now, firstdivision said:

Andy King has started 22 senior games in FOUR seasons  and is 33 in October. I wish him well but I'm very sceptical about him having a significant impact on our season. I'm sort of thinking a new version of Chris Brunt and Henri Lansbury. It seems to me the Championship has moved on from these type of signings being successful. 

He won’t be fatigued / burned out!

Interesting to know how much say both King and Benkovic had in their respective loans to Leuvens?  When you’re not in the 25 man PL squad, I wonder if the club kinda gently insisted they went on loan to their “feeder”.

Think King is one to watch and then judge.  If he’s still got the hunger, being a City fan you hope he has, he might put right the fact his career has stuttered / stalled.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Got me thinking about past players who have been out and out City fans before signing (excluding those who came through the academy route)sure many on here can provide the answer.

Welcome to BS3 Andy.

Ben Hamer - rabid City fan from Chard ...

Edit: apologies, I’ve just noticed that @Northern Red has already mentioned Ben

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Really impressed with his interview. Talks so well, almost captain material…

Interesting that he rang Nige about the move!

He was captain for a fair while, particularly under Sven and several times under other managers.

Archived