IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

Buzzing for later, can we reach that first major final since 1966 & our first Euros final and write our own chapter? Surely 60,000 in Wembley must give us a boost? 

Or will Denmark, with so much to play for - that extra bit of motivation - triumph? 

After last night's fantastic match let's hope for a another good game and a home win. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57735477

• The title was changed to Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread
12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Buzzing for later, can we reach that first major final since 1966 & our first Euros final and write our own chapter? Surely 60,000 in Wembley must give us a boost? 

Or will Denmark, with so much to play for - that extra bit of motivation - triumph? 

After last night's fantastic match let's hope for a another good game and a home win. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57735477

You should put a football play-list together Reg.

I have never started a Match Day Thread in all my years on this forum, in fact there was a time when I thought that there was some sort of secret committee that decided who could do so. (Maybe there really is and I am about to find out :) ).

England expects and all that, but my cautionary words are these. 

I feel the Danes have done a great job of taking the pressure off themselves, they have allowed themselves to be portrayed as the plucky underdogs with a point to prove for Erikson. However they are ranked 10 in the world and the highest ranked team we have met so far, so they deserve respect, and must not be underestimated.

It will be tough, but I think the benches will be the difference, England by the odd goal.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have never started a Match Day Thread in all my years on this forum, in fact there was a time when I thought that there was some sort of secret committee that decided who could do so. (Maybe there really is and I am about to find out :) ).

I feel the Danes have done a great job of taking the pressure off themselves, they have allowed themselves to be portrayed as the plucky underdogs with a point to prove for Erikson. However they are ranked 10 in the world and the highest ranked team we have met so far, so they deserve respect, and must not be underestimated.

It will be tough, but I think the benches will be the difference, England by the odd goal.

And you still haven't.....

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’d be really happy with that , especially trippier for Walker . He’s our weak link imo & trippier the much better defender 

I would agree with that but Walker's pace is vital for us at times although he does have a mistake in him which luckily hasn't cost us yet.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I would agree with that but Walker's pace is vital for us at times although he does have a mistake in him which luckily hasn't cost us yet.

He relies on it too much. He gets caught of position far too much. Plus he switches off . Whenever a team has threatened us it’s been down his side . He gives the ball away too much as well. 
Saka tracks back more that sancho as well. He tracks as well as Sterling does on the left. Feel much safer with the cover on both flanks as Denmark like to rely on their wing backs. Plus with a 433 we have that extra body in midfield if they push Christiansen in there. 

Best chance of making a final since 1966 but with expectation comes lots of pressure which has been difficult to handle for previous English sides.

From what I have seen I would say that Denmark's front line is better than anything we have come up against so far in this tournament (better than the Germans for me). England still yet to concede a goal in 5 games but if Muller put his chance away things could have been very different. Would England be favourites to boss things in the middle of the park and possibly prevent Denmark getting into too many threatening positions? On the other hand our attack have looked sharp in the past couple of games and we have lots of different options if changes are needed, struggling to see the Danes keep them out for 90 minutes (only clean sheet for them so far against the Welsh).

Won't bother predicting a score but I have England down as slight favourites, but it can be a dangerous position to be in on the back of a 4-0 win sometimes so not ruling a strong Denmark team out. Didn't watch either nation league game but they both sounded pretty awful, very excited for this and will be disappointed if it follows the same script as either of those games.

Huge chance for England to make it to a final. We are gathering momentum at the right time. Big game players are starting to perform. We have tremendous options from the bench. Denmark are a very strong side but I’m going for England to do it 3-1

Come on England :englandflag:

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I'll mention your attempt at the next Matchday Thread Committee Meeting. . . 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Shmeichel p*ss taking on TV about "it" never being home.

Iv always thought this song was about a cup coming home to the inventors of the game. Not about about a cup "returning"

3 minutes ago, Royz said:

Shmeichel p*ss taking on TV about "it" never being home.

Iv always thought this song was about a cup coming home to the inventors of the game. Not about about a cup "returning"

I thought it was a good piss take. Bloody song does most people's head in

Archived