IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot...

I expect you would, because it would either mean we'd gone down two divisions or you'd been promoted two. Edited by GrahamC

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are  prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot... 

You suggest want a reasonable conversation but kick it off with the ludicrous notion that you "look forward to playing you in league 1 season after next"........

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are  prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot... 

Reasonable conversation? Nothing reasonable at all about an expectation that within 12 months we would be in the same division. There is nothing reasonable about an expectation that we would be relegated based upon how promoted teams generally fare during their first season in the Championship, the way we play, the plaudits we have won, the way we dominated the league, the way our infrastructure is etc etc etc. Equally there is nothing reasonable about an expectation that you, you who quite feasibly could be in administration within just weeks, would get promoted from a division you've barely even looked like challenging** in during recent times.

** I don't include in challenging your 'brief' flirtation with the play offs that hilariously resulted in relegation. You'd think these grandiose delusions would stop. But no, the gift MUST keep giving.

Edited by Guest

serious comment- I don't doubt we will have financial hardships and those are what we are used to- but we love the club and many of us are prepared to have a reasonable conversstion about Bristol football, just very difficult with you lot- pewrsonally I'd just love to have a derby game - miss those a lot...

You'll have Yeovil and Exeter :-)

Who knows, if you hang on in there during your inaugural season as a league club you may meet Swindon in 2016 - after their 30-point deduction for financial jiggery pokery.

The difference between your current financial hardships and past "glories" is that you have never owed money to Kneecap Loans PLC before. You had better hope you at least cover that debt in any compo you might be awarded because you are playing with the nasty boys now!!

So I just checked the RCoJ court list and nothing... she must still be deliberating... haven't seen her name on the courts listing either for a while, not since the case she presided over after Sainsburys v Nick Higgs and co... hmmmmmm

On her hols in Severn Beach, prolly.

yep- don't forget where you had to come from suddenly......

Or you, hope you enjoy being the 'new boys' in the football league, I'm sure that you'll manage the step up, but if not, Alfreton awaits next season awaiting the big payday of the "Prowed Gashead Invasion".

If you still exist.

Likewise, don't forget you've been a league club for a month..

They really don't want to face us at the moment, they really don't!

From the sag forum...

dislike this.

The club tweeting that we were playing 'BCFC' must have worried a few.

They have also totally overlooked our excellent away record....

As for c*tys draw, Luton away, that's got home win written all over it.

Utterly shot away!!
Edited by ciderup

They really don't want to face us at the moment, they really don't!

From the sag forum...

dislike this.

• Select Post
  • Deselect Post

Post by gashead on 12 hours ago

The club tweeting that we were playing 'BCFC' must have worried a few.

They have also totally overlooked our excellent away record....

As for c*tys draw, Luton away, that's got home win written all over it.

Utterly shot away!!

Dear god. Away wins at Telford, Nuneaton, Southport and the like. They also seem to have missed our rather handy home record! I can't take that lot seriously, I really can't.

I might be wrong and just missed her name as there are loads of Judges and cases daily... but she is definitely taking her time with this one...

She's really not taking her time. This link http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2015/ is a database of the Court's judgments during 2015 (most recent at the bottom). If you look go to June and click on one of the links you'll be taken to a judgment. Top right hand corner has the date it's released, centre of the first page will show the hearing dates. Ignoring the regional courts or where judgment has practically been released instantly after, a month to 6 weeks from end of hearing seems to be typical running time. Didn't Rovers' hearing only end on 27 May?

Plus there are peculiarities in this instance:

- It was a new judge drafted on to the case last minute,

- the hearing was 7 days whereas most of those recent judgments released had hearings of just a couple of days, that's double the information for her to wade through,

- The Southward Housing association case seems to be about contractual terms and their effect and that took nearly 5 months (I'm not suggesting read across, merely just pointing out that in this instance its only just coming up to 3 weeks),

- It seems very likely that whoever loses in Court will appeal. Therefore she's going to want judgment to have dotted i's and crossed t's completely as chances are it will be pulled apart and tested.

Because judgment was asked for asap it seems like this is going on for a long time but you can't rush justice and in the grand scheme of things it's really not been that long yet.

Edited by Guest

She's really not taking her time. This link http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2015/ is a database of the Court's judgments during 2015 (most recent at the bottom). If you look go to June and click on one of the links you'll be taken to a judgment. Top right hand corner has the date it's released, centre of the first page will show the hearing dates. Ignoring the regional courts or where judgment has practically been released instantly after, a month to 6 weeks from end of hearing seems to be typical running time. Didn't Rovers' hearing only end on 27 May?

- the hearing was 7 days whereas most of those recent judgments released had hearings of just a couple of days, that's double the information for her to wade through,

- The Southward Housing association case seems to be about contractual terms and their effect and that took nearly 5 months (I'm not suggesting read across, merely just pointing out that in this instance its only just coming up to 3 weeks),

- It seems very likely that whoever loses in Court will appeal. Therefore she's going to want judgment to have dotted i's and crossed t's completely as chances are it will be pulled apart and tested.

Because judgment was asked for asap it seems like this is going on for a long time but you can't rush justice and in the grand scheme of things it's really not been that long yet.

Thanks for that 29AR. I stand corrected. :-)

Thanks for that 29AR. I stand corrected. :-)

No worries pal, I have to correct myself from earlier on as I was under the impression that the lead in currently was more like 10-12 weeks

Anyway tomorrow looks like a no news day - she can keep taking her time all the way until July hopefully :D

She's really not taking her time. This link http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2015/ is a database of the Court's judgments during 2015 (most recent at the bottom). If you look go to June and click on one of the links you'll be taken to a judgment. Top right hand corner has the date it's released, centre of the first page will show the hearing dates. Ignoring the regional courts or where judgment has practically been released instantly after, a month to 6 weeks from end of hearing seems to be typical running time. Didn't Rovers' hearing only end on 27 May?

- the hearing was 7 days whereas most of those recent judgments released had hearings of just a couple of days, that's double the information for her to wade through,

- The Southward Housing association case seems to be about contractual terms and their effect and that took nearly 5 months (I'm not suggesting read across, merely just pointing out that in this instance its only just coming up to 3 weeks),

Don't forget our judges need to attend those really important extended lunch dates they can't miss or golf days with their pals. Can't be rushing those.